Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The excuse i hear from the dealer as to why he has them is, the buyer couldn't get financing. LOL yep probably not for the ADM the dealer wanted. If people have the cash for an ADM I say let the dealer make the money. I saw a 2 door 1st edition loaded with a $20K ADM + dealer added crap. So $80K plus tax and lic.
The really sad thing is many of these asshole dealers are throwing a hugh ADM on orders after a reserved Bronco arrive. That makes those Broncos nearly impossible for some to finance, so they have to abandon the orders. I really don't care what a dealer adds to the price of a stock order. But I hope the ones that screw their res holders, after stringing them along just to get their order, rot in hell. Yeah, I'mma little pissed to see a dealer that can be that crooked, and sleep at night.

Thankfully on the forum we have some of the best dealers in this country to deal with. Folks like Sean, Zach at Granger, Stephens Ford, and Chapman Ford are honest dealers. And, there are many more out there. But sadly many times the bad guys overshadow the good guys. And of course Ford deemed it a good business strategy to screw these good guys for being too good.
Sponsored

Last edited:

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are many dealerships in my area that have at least 3-6 Broncos sitting on their lot! The one I ordered from included. I’m an August 2020 reservation and switched to a soft top around a month ago to try speed things up. Some of these Broncos are mannequins and some for sale. One dealership was trying to sale me a basic Big Bend for around $70,000! No Sasquatch or 2.7. Just basic. I told him he has lost his mind, but here I sit without a Bronco. I just cannot understand why our reservations can’t be filled. I would say in a 200 mile radius of my house, there are at least 50-100 Broncos sitting on lots. My dealership has a two door and a 4 door wildtrack just hanging out. Of course there isn’t anything you can drive…. Sick of waiting….
Personally, I can't wait until production is in full swing in a year or so and all the stripped lugnuts that paid way over invoice start realize what a great idea that was financially. "But it's a first year build..."

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was stuck in production for six months.
The more pissed off I got the more determined I became to never “abandon“ my order.
I did not want to allow those jackals to slap an ADM a on my build and sell to someone else.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The longer the wait the more folks will abandon their orders
Agreed. When the ADM period passes in ‘22 you’ll have guys picking up a “close enough” build at MSRP rather than waiting potentially years just to save a few grand and get the EXACT config they chose in Q12021.

Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's basically a nutless rule now. Ford dropped the percentage from 80% to 60% in their '22 allocation formula after the mega dealers whined. So, once again Ford just screwed it's reservation holders.
well, at least no one can take advantage of that any further. Not like you can go back in time and get more reservations.

perhaps it gives power to charge markup knowing you have the cap room to resell that reservation order

I suspect they dropped it because so many reservation holders backed out though.

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to get a stock Big Bend from my dealer for MSRP on December 18. I'm still waiting for my Badlands, but my F-150 is about to die, so I needed something.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A dealer in Jacksonville is advertising all their broncos online. All of them, even customer orders. I inquired about one the other day, same specs as my build, even same color and was told that it was a customer order and that I should come in and order with them.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You just pointed out something that most are not aware about. For whatever reason some dealerships automate their ads to display custom orders. To an outsider, it looks like a dealership has several broncos on sale BUT in reality, they are custom orders and already spoken for.

A dealer in Jacksonville is advertising all their broncos online. All of them, even customer orders. I inquired about one the other day, same specs as my build, even same color and was told that it was a customer order and that I should come in and order with them.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fair enough to put on all the ADM you can get from them.
the BS is that the ADM is added to the reservation holder to encourage them to "abandon" their reservation, lol.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would say that it’s not just “some”dealers automating their ads - the vast majority of dealers I contacted were listing their customer ordered Broncos for sale online. That seemed to be the standard. It wasn’t until the dealer mannequins hit their mileage/time requirements that I started seeing some that were actually available (with ADM).

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The excuse i hear from the dealer as to why he has them is, the buyer couldn't get financing. LOL yep probably not for the ADM the dealer wanted. If people have the cash for an ADM I say let the dealer make the money. I saw a 2 door 1st edition loaded with a $20K ADM + dealer added crap. So $80K plus tax and lic.
Probably some dealer lot Broncos are due to ADM shenanigans. But consider the Ford early reservation scheme allowed any keyboard warrior to reserve a Bronco with essentially no skin in the game ($100 refundable deposit).

Even ordering did not always require money down, or could be refunded. So all manner of persons ordered - dreamers or whatever, some who didn't know what exactly they were getting and found it a bad match for their real world driving, or their circumstances social/family/economics changed over the long wait.

So it doesn't surprise me that Broncos at dealers are abandoned orders. Actually one of the first Broncos that sold in my area, sold for a 10k ADM to some guy driving past the dealership who saw it ... after the person who ordered showed up at the dealership, realized what he was buying, and backed out.
Sponsored