Sponsored

Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction?

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't watch the video, but I'm not surprised if sales stalled. Passed a local dealer yesterday and they had about 20 prominently on the lot and I thought that seemed like a lot, joked to my wife they probably have $20K markup. Checked their website and average ADM was around $18k.

Maybe they're marked up so people loose interest cause they were all green special order window stickers? Maybe the buyers that ordered realized a $45k plus want is not a good choice for themselves now and abandoned them. Or maybe the dealer f#@#ed them at the last minute, who knows?
Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As mentioned above I have received calls to get me into a Bronco even though I had already told them for weeks in a row I’m only looking at paying msrp or less. I have also received text messages and emails from sales people that keep circling back to see who gives in paying ADM or willing to pay the next highest ADM before msrp. I know some might doubt that’s true but here are two screenshots from just yesterday. If they are really flying off the dealer lots with ADM then there’s no need for them to contact me for weeks in a row on same Broncos I have inquired about weeks ago. Just a game of patience now to see more Broncos with lower ADM and MSRP.

I ended up taking delivery of a custom ordered CT5 two weeks ago which I chose cause I knew it wouldn’t take as long to get built and delivered even though it had its own constraints for the way I ordered. It’s an in between vehicle till I get Bronco I’d be happy with but definitely not paying over or dealer add ons. I ended up getting $3k off my custom ordered CT5 with a little work.

601CEAF0-5DEB-427F-937B-190E2BB822DF.jpeg

B59AFCAC-FCA2-40D0-A21D-26A555661624.jpeg

diorbronco

Raptor
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Market is gone on them for sure, sold my soft top outer banks in September for 18k more than what I paid for it.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Market is gone on them for sure, sold my soft top outer banks in September for 18k more than what I paid for it.
Sucker born everyday. I've seen MSRP on Big Bend, Black Diamond and Outerbanks 4 door soft tops for the last 2 months. And I wasn't really looking, my wife was. All non SAS models, but still. I just can't get into the 4 door. The 2 doors are sweet tho.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scrub to 2:46 in this video…

Is this accurate? Are dealers really NOT able to sell all the Broncos they are receiving and are they really transferring to auction? Does this signal the end of ADM’s?

I don’t really understand this market space but it strikes me that if some of you are waiting 12, 18, 24 months to get a Bronco, could you get a good deal figure out this unsold dealer —> auction market?

I may be talking out of my butt here; just trying to help the community with data, if true. Perhaps someone who can explain this better can offer proper guidance to prospective buyers.
I watch my dealer, bc I drive by daily, get some in and they go pretty fast. They have 1. MY23 in stock right now, I, sure it will go soon

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer lots both new and used are starting to fill, but not with high end Bronco builds. After todays Ford fiasco announcements when that gets out, its going to go back to very large ADMs.
Right, this so called “downturn” will indeed spook those who would be In the market for a lower trim Bronco, but there are still people out there with money and with unemployment still at a historic low, those with money will continue to spend, spend, spend.

Demand for a Bronco is still high and we’re not even in peak Bronco weather. By Spring, Bronco with higher trims, Squatch, etc will be in high demand.

The common buyer is a fickle beast to predict. They’ll just grab whatever, whenever.

This is an enthusiast forum although most of the enthusiasts are already here. Problem for Ford is that there are no new customers on the horizon other than that common buyer who will buy whatever stripper is called a Bronco just to say they have one.

Then you’ve got the large population of guys who bought just to look cool who had no idea what they’d purchased who are now having second thoughts and may dump them in another year or so due to gas, lack of cup holders, and other bullshit that doesn’t matter in an off roader.

Only so many Bozeman cowboys out there! :ROFLMAO:

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Definitely think people are starting to worry about inflation and the upcoming recession everyone is forecasting. Cars are the last thing people want to commit to. The used market is going down fast. All the dealer mark-ups due to supply constraints are done. Also you had a lot of people bring in additional income from a lot of programs that were in place the last 2 years and that money is gone. Perfect storm for car dealers coming.

ifrankyr

Big Bend
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco BigBend / 2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Big City Dealerships have plenty of broncos sitting on their lots for months. Eventually they’ll sell them for msrp but have a bunch of dealer add ons. Smaller dealers out in the boonies are starting to sell them for msrp especially for lower trim levels. Rising interest rates are definitely not helping broncos on the lots find new homes.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We just dumped our 15 Focus, we were hanging onto during the pandemic and the lack of being able to fix cars so it was just a safety net for driving as a spare. Glad its gone and I think we got out in front of the used market seriously tanking. I know its already down 20% from last summers bubble.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A buddy of mine deals in used cars, he wont tell me what he pays for them but he has 3 on his lot, and has 2 or 3 Braptors. I ran across his code orange one yesterday sitting in his building. He has the regular Broncos all the time, so there are more at auction than you think. He was even getting them in 21.

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The dealer I use is either selling them or sending them somewhere, their used Bronco inventory changes pretty frequently. They did post a brand new Badlands on their site for $92K, sticker is $62K.
Update my own post, dealer has lowered two of their used Broncos by several thousand looking at their site this morning. Both are 22 Badlands.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No offense to the OP but look up the word: anecdotal... you've just defined it.

This is not specific to Bronco. Only trend here is the trend hitting all "durable goods" in the American households. High prices due to inflation, high interest, and the current recession (recessions are declared in arrears... We are in one....just not declared yet...)

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everyone is waiting for tax returns, this is normal down turn for this time of year. December to January is the typical high rebate time for auto manufacturers as not many people spend large sums after the holidays. I typically buy this time of year and get a left over (last year model) for a great deal. Good time to make an offer on a off the lot bronco.

Bronco_43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 91 Beretta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 used Broncos where I bought mine- 2 OBX and a BD all 64-65k CAD$ which is higher than what I paid for my new Badlands. And a 2022 Big Bend for 59k. I believe our inflation/cost of living is higher than usa- relatively- and Canadians just generally don't have the disposable income. Alot of guys I know are nervous- assuming this will be their last pickup truck they own- cause a few years ago the guys were paying 42-60k, now they start in the 70k plus range at a much higher interest rate. Noone will be able to afford one ever again.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't watch the video, but I'm not surprised if sales stalled. Passed a local dealer yesterday and they had about 20 prominently on the lot and I thought that seemed like a lot, joked to my wife they probably have $20K markup. Checked their website and average ADM was around $18k.

Maybe they're marked up so people loose interest cause they were all green special order window stickers? Maybe the buyers that ordered realized a $45k plus want is not a good choice for themselves now and abandoned them. Or maybe the dealer f#@#ed them at the last minute, who knows?
When people backed out of their orders (which was quite a few it appears) the dealers didn't cancel the orders. So those are showing up and they are trying to get whatever they can out of them. Dealers have had it rough for a few years so they are trying to get ever ounce of profit they can. But now that Broncos are getting more plentiful the demand is going to lessen. Those asking prices will drop.
Sponsored