Sponsored

Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction?

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scrub to 2:46 in this video…

Is this accurate? Are dealers really NOT able to sell all the Broncos they are receiving and are they really transferring to auction? Does this signal the end of ADM’s?

I don’t really understand this market space but it strikes me that if some of you are waiting 12, 18, 24 months to get a Bronco, could you get a good deal figure out this unsold dealer —> auction market?

I may be talking out of my butt here; just trying to help the community with data, if true. Perhaps someone who can explain this better can offer proper guidance to prospective buyers.
Probably using a few isolated incidents as click bait.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you hook me up with that deal? I only have two Broncos, and need a third, for my daughter who's soon turning 16. ;)
FWIW, they also have two Bronco Sports and a Base Bronco, you could buy both Sports for the price of the Wildtrack and you double you immediately double your fleet size.
Ford Bronco Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction? 1674571652561

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you hook me up with that deal? I only have two Broncos, and need a third, for my daughter who's soon turning 16. ;)
Glad I am not the only one with this dilemma. And now Ford wants me to drop Squatch, Lux and MIC. Like I am going to let her drive around in a basic OBX, lol.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was at the local Ford dealer yesterday, had to bring my Bronco in for service. While I was waiting I strolled around the showroom (it's massive but pretty empty), they had 2 Broncos and 3 Lightnings on the floor, all with $10k ADM. The Lightnings had some other junk added on to boost the price up even more.

As Tim Bartz said, anything that Ford makes that's starts with an "E" you can get a deal on and some F-150's as well. Even the Mach-E is starting to creep to MSRP. But Maverick, Lightning and Broncos, a different story. There are dealers that sell at MSRP, you just have to find them.

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I might buy a 24' leftover 2-door in spring 25', assuming I can get it for about $7k-$10k under MSRP.

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the market for two door, manual transmission Broncos is a significantly smaller segment of the overall market and that may be contributing to the slow sale. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the stick/2-door combo. That setup is actually truer to the Bronco heritage. But more buyers today are wanting a 4-door with an automatic. Glad you got a good price for it.
I picked up my 2 door manual in November. I was the second person to get a manual they said. This is a enthusiast forum so a lot of people on here post that's what they want, but general public all want automatics nowdays. This was from a good sized dealership, no idea how many broncos they have sold but I'm sure it was a lot of people prior to mine.

DC4MVP

Big Bend
First Name
D.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FWIW, the dealer I'm working with (just outside of Minneapolis) had 7 Broncos in transit when I first looked...including the one I put deposit down, all 8 were sold within 9 days.

They had one on the lot for 2 weeks and that one was the longest they've had one actually in stock. The rest are sold/claimed before they get there.

Sponsored

DC4MVP

Big Bend
First Name
D.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I picked up my 2020 F-150, the dealer just got a GT500 in.

$10k mark-up and the buyer had extremely strict orders that the 500 couldn't be touched after it came off the truck. All the dealership could do is move it into their prep bay. All plastic, stickers, etc. were to remain on the car.

I guess a lot of people (or at least the ones this dealer got in) take the GT500 and throw it into storage without driving it then 5+ years later, sell it as nearly brand new (including original window stickers on it.)

Poor babies just sitting in a storage facility not seeing the light of day...

Lanshark

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Car Question Answered was just saying that floor plan companies were repo-ing new cars off the lot and taking them to auction. Its possible the dealers aren't directly responsible for highly desirable new vehicles ending up at Auction. The Floor plan companies want their money and aren't keen to wait it out for a big ADM payday for the dealer I guess.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I picked up my 2020 F-150, the dealer just got a GT500 in.

$10k mark-up and the buyer had extremely strict orders that the 500 couldn't be touched after it came off the truck. All the dealership could do is move it into their prep bay. All plastic, stickers, etc. were to remain on the car.

I guess a lot of people (or at least the ones this dealer got in) take the GT500 and throw it into storage without driving it then 5+ years later, sell it as nearly brand new (including original window stickers on it.)

Poor babies just sitting in a storage facility not seeing the light of day...
Their money, their car. It can sit if they want.

I'm not like that, but if someone is, ah well.

I have seen a lot of Bronco's on lots when I've been driving around lately. The shitty dealer I bought mine from has had any on their lot so I guess they are selling them. The used car market seems to finally be slowing and hopefully will come back to reality soon.

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I bought my Bronco (for MSRP+$450 GPS tracker BS) they had other vehicles on the lot with crazy ADMs.

My Bronco had a $29,999 ADM for a $45.5k MSRP:

Ford Bronco Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction? ABC567BC-07E2-4BDE-B3DF-37E7E100905E

They had a lightning MSRP of $97.7k, listed at $150k on sale at $119.9k:
Ford Bronco Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction? 0F8C5926-E108-47E6-A357-CE8446F8795B

Ford Bronco Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction? D4A82E4A-1A8A-45EC-A16C-8EF06C8DF5C4

Some GT500 for $19k over:
Ford Bronco Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction? DA397DEB-FA30-4C0D-8980-F63B079ECE4B

A F150 raptor for $29k over:
Ford Bronco Broncos Not Selling —> Dealers Moving (Broncos) to Auction? 7FC660AC-312B-497C-B850-BDE0A78723E1
Sponsored