First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Short answer is IFS has limited Flex/droop. Not recommend taking any stock bronco threw Rubicon
Dick threw a rock, Jane waded through the water.
Sponsored

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rubicon is definitely on a lot of people’s bucket list. Wow, surprised the axles held up fine with that big of a lift. I thought the housing would of popped like on many others at the extreme angles.

Making it through without major damage is a huge confidence booster. Most Bronco owners will have the vehicle as their main daily driver. Kind of nice seeing others make it through because most of us cannot afford to buy a secondary truck plus a trailer, to trailer our rigs in case of a break down.

OP
OP
jasonf

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Rubicon is definitely on a lot of people’s bucket list. Wow, surprised the axles held up fine with that big of a lift. I thought the housing would of popped like on many others at the extreme angles.

Making it through without major damage is a huge confidence booster. Most Bronco owners will have the vehicle as their main daily driver. Kind of nice seeing others make it through because most of us cannot afford to buy a secondary truck plus a trailer, to trailer our rigs in case of a break down.
Exactly the goal I had with the Blue bronco , was driven there 4 hours away completed trail and driven home - no trailer . Just was my own personal goal. the others respectfully had a longer haul back to Utah using a 2 car trailer to conserve gas.

1Pixie

Outer Banks
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I appreciate your advise, taken....

Sponsored

EliasJr

First Edition
First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ford f350 SD, 15 Jeep JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well that's unfortunate because I really plan to. But I'll have full skids, which, and rock rails so I guess we'll see.
i think i remember seeing a stock bronco go threw the rubicon trail on youtube but it was a professional offroad driver. im sure you can make it but its just not recommended for the average person.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you ! I dont know why people thinking its fine to take a stock sasquatch bronco into the rubicon its just to low with 35 inch tires and no lift - to each there own !

The Fordyce trail is next on our list and understand the difficulty and making even more modifications to go the full distance.
Stock Sasquatch has no lift?? Stock Bronco without Sasquatch or badlands has no lift but nothing has any lift compared to those two behemoths with fully custom suspension systems!

Is that type of off roading really enjoyable or purely instagram-able/YouTube-able, advertise-my-shop/parts, pictures/video-or-it-didn’t-happen type stuff?

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could you break down how you achieved 7" of lift? 3" coils with 4" body or something?

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not recommend taking any stock bronco threw Rubicon
You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but I think that's a crap take. It's a difficult trail and people just need to know what they are getting themselves into and the risk of breakage/damage. I've been through multiple times with other stock IFS rigs with similar setups (33-35" tires, rear locker, rocker/underbody protection) and I have no doubt my Bronco will out perform them when I get it up there.

OP
OP
jasonf

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Stock Sasquatch has no lift?? Stock Bronco without Sasquatch or badlands has no lift but nothing has any lift compared to those two behemoths with fully custom suspension systems!

Is that type of off roading really enjoyable or purely instagram-able/YouTube-able, advertise-my-shop/parts, pictures/video-or-it-didn’t-happen type stuff?
you are correct Sasquatch is higher -just my opinion not a good idea to take a oem Bronco off show room floor with zero modifications / would be badly damaged not impossible. I find 4x4 off road to be a blast - to each there own i guess .

Sponsored
OP
OP
jasonf

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Could you break down how you achieved 7" of lift? 3" coils with 4" body or something?
I worked with king shocks for a custom 4 inch coil over specifically for mine- not the kit you can buy- then a 3 inch body spacer testing really glad i had that. the coil has higher spring rates and re valved for weight - happy with the axel angle drop very little compared to others - all this is research and development learning what works

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i think i remember seeing a stock bronco go threw the rubicon trail on youtube but it was a professional offroad driver. im sure you can make it but its just not recommended for the average person.
Ford engineers (with good spotters) took a few of them through it during testing. Armor up and send it!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I worked with king shocks for a custom 4 inch coil over specifically for mine- not the kit you can buy- then a 3 inch body spacer testing really glad i had that. the coil has higher spring rates and re valved for weight - happy with the axel angle drop very little compared to others - all this is research and development learning what works
Very Nice!

What upper control arms did you decide to go with? Sounds like a nice setup!

OP
OP
jasonf

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but I think that's a crap take. It's a difficult trail and people just need to know what they are getting themselves into and the risk of breakage/damage. I've been through multiple times with other stock IFS rigs with similar setups (33-35" tires, rear locker, rocker/underbody protection) and I have no doubt my Bronco will out perform them when I get it up there.
Awesome wish you well

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for posting. I checked out your ride in Lodi earlier this year good to see you off roading.
Sponsored