Sponsored

Broncos ordered without Sasquatch, Hard Tops, and Towing being built immediately?

ckuperst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Toyota 4Runner 3.4L DOHC V6 M/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently sent in some inquiries about my own badlands reservation at my local dealership and they told me that if I send in a build request for a bronco badlands 4door WITHOUT towing, sasquatch, and a hard top, that my request would end up getting built immediately.

Supposedly they sent the inquiry to the regional general manager in my area for this information.

Does anyone else get similar information?

My questions for you all are; Should I just order a non-sasquatch badlands 4 door, then get the hard top later, and figure out aftermarket tow hitch solutions down the road? Otherwise, I'm looking at the Colorado ZR2 Bison.

Sasquatch is what provides the front and rear lockers, does it not?

Edit:

Reason why I'm asking is because I'm in a state with no vehicle sales tax and I'm moving next year. I have to consider the logistics of compromising now for a considerable financial advantage.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
bronco badlands 4door WITHOUT towing, sasquatch, and a hard top
If commodity supplies are as bad as claimed, there will be many thousands of these in dealer inventory by fall

OP
OP

ckuperst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would you order something you initially didn’t order, just to maybe get it built a bit sooner?
I'm moving out of state soon. Trying to figure out the order/reservation because I live in OR where there is no sales tax. it's highly advantageous for me to consider getting a bronco now in 2021 rather than get stuck waiting for 2022 when I'm not in this state anymore

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A soft top without sas and tow would certainlylikely be up for a build soon.

If you order a Badlands, you get front and rear lockers and sta-bar disconnect without sasquatch.

Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think anybody would say immediately...but losing those commodities will definitely help.

Personally, I'll wait patiently for what I really want. I've waited this long, a few more minutes won't hurt to get what I want.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I thought order banks were closed for ‘21

OP
OP

ckuperst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm asking the sales rep if its possible to order it without sas/tow/hardtop and see if I can just backorder the hard top and tow hitch after the fact.

I personally don't care too much for the massive mud tires and factory lift. for rock crawling, I'd probably get my own lift done and the important part is the diff locks and swaybar disconnect for articulation. its usually better to not have a tow hitch on for departure clearance as well, I have a removable subframe component for my 96 4runner that does just this. I can't imagine something like that won't be available at the very least in the aftermarket eventually.

Unless someone sees a flaw in this reasoning?

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sales rep at my dealer doesn’t know what’s going on. Frustrating when you know more than the dealer. Was told if I went soft top, I could possibly move up. When I told her I was NOT going to 4 door, she was confused. 😔😩🙄

Sponsored

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made this decision and it was easy for me because there’s no man squat he, so I got a soft top badlands manual in soft top. Build date is 7/20

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm asking the sales rep if its possible to order it without sas/tow/hardtop and see if I can just backorder the hard top and tow hitch after the fact.

I personally don't care too much for the massive mud tires and factory lift. for rock crawling, I'd probably get my own lift done and the important part is the diff locks and swaybar disconnect for articulation. its usually better to not have a tow hitch on for departure clearance as well, I have a removable subframe component for my 96 4runner that does just this. I can't imagine something like that won't be available at the very least in the aftermarket eventually.

Unless someone sees a flaw in this reasoning?
The soft top alone is like $2200. The hard top will be $3000+ Screw that.

OP
OP

ckuperst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The soft top alone is like $2200. The hard top will be $3000+ Screw that.
fair enough. taxes if I waited for another state would make me spend that much in taxes alone.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
fair enough. taxes if I waited for another state would make me spend that much in taxes alone.
What do you mean taxes if you wait for another state?
Sponsored