Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure an English major can tell us the official reason. Makes me think of Buckeye fan and their insistence on putting the "the" in front. Maybe Bronco is just a little more sure of it's standing in the world. :)
I'm an English teacher. Technically, they should use "the" before Bronco. There are count and noncount nouns, and "the" can be omitted from some sentences when you are referring to a generic "noncount" noun. An example from Purdue Owl: If a person says "I love to fly over water," it is correct. It is also correct to say "the water." Water is a noncount noun. Water in this sentence could stand for the Atlantic, Pacific, Lake Erie, or other body of water, so "the" is not required. If the person substituted "Pacific" instead of water, then "the" would be needed. "I love to fly over THE Pacific."

Bronco is a count noun, so technically, I think it should be referred to as "the Bronco".

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm sure an English major can tell us the official reason. Makes me think of Buckeye fan and their insistence on putting the "the" in front. Maybe Bronco is just a little more sure of it's standing in the world. :)
Bad news: I'm an English major that works in marketing. I've got nothing. ?

Seriously though, I agree with another comment that said they're trying to make it sound like its own brand rather than a model.

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sure, but what "MT" actually means has been discussed in a number of threads here. The conclusion was that these particular tires aren't really mud tires at all. Search on "multi-terrain" and "maximum traction" for more on the topic.
Gotcha, the tread on the Sasquatch does look more in the all terrain category. But it is just a confusing bunch. I guess we’ll only get the answer when we see them up front.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bad news: I'm an English major that works in marketing. I've got nothing. ?

Seriously though, I agree with another comment that said they're trying to make it sound like its own brand rather than a model.
I'm an English minor and a Philosophy major and I really got nothing. :ROFLMAO:

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

English, grammar?

I'm an actuary ... so I really have nothing.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They all also say "stay bar" vs. "sway bar". Is that a Ford thing I don't know about?

Chris
that's 'stab'ilizer bar vs anti-'sway' bar

same thing. different parlance, just throwing away different parts for the nickname

cuzimitalian

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did anyone else notice center console rear climate vents on the 4 door?

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I streamed this video on the kitchen tv at lunch today. My wife realized what it was, gave me a weird look and said “seriously”. She knows we have a reservation and even told me the color choices for us.

We did sit in a crew cab ranger on Friday and it was smaller than expected. I think a Bronco will end up being a 3rd vehicle instead of her DD, which will probably put us back at a BD.