First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Don't get your hopes up, my FE build date was originally scheduled for June 21 and I received an email last Friday from Ford that my build date will be moved to July 5.
Yep, kicked down the road two weeks, go figure.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can we talk about the MIC top situation for a second? Let's assume Fords #1 priority is hitting their promised 60k run for the 2021 Bronco roll out. Let’s assume they wave in every soft top they have access to (in the most extreme scenario) whats the outcome for MIC guys....

They seemed to have an existing stock pile of MIC tops at the start of production. We saw MIC tops freely handed out for June priority builds (then they ran into lack of MICs for July when it came time to rely on newly produced tops).

MIC stockpile applied to 5k demos and 3k priorities, assuming a 70% are MIC = 5.6k MIC tops assigned across those 8k. Plus they need to make good on 7k FEs with MIC tops = 12.6k total MIC tops. So of the 60k builds, including FE/Priority/Demo, thats 15k builds, of which 12.6k are MIC. They have 45k builds left for the 2021 run, and 110k orders remaining to choose from. Lets say Ford waves in EVERY soft top all the way through recent reservations - we have 110k orders left - if 30% are soft top, thats 33k soft tops they could cherry pick. Then Ford asks/urges to switch to a soft top. Let's say they convinced a couple thousand people to switch, thats now 35k soft tops for the taking. Now they are at 50k builds for the 2021 run. With no more soft tops to choose from, they need 10k MIC tops from webasto to hit their 60k volume for 2021. Ford would probably do everything in their power to assist webasto in producing those extra MICs to hit their volume number, as thats #1 for shareholders. Ok - 10k MIC tops for non-FE/non-priority guys. So top 17% percentile of dealer allocation get a MIC top (10k/60k = 17%). Now couple that with other restraints such as sasquatch etc. and you would think each dealer would get maybe a couple Day 1 reservation loaded sasquatches filled for 2021. There's a chance...

Last edited:

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Apologizing ahead of time for not listening to anything FE buyers say here. It's easy to have a better POV when you know you'll have yours by end of summer...
I mean, if you're quoting and responding to our posts, your clearly listening, no?

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can we talk about the MIC top situation for a second? Let's assume Fords #1 priority is hitting their promised 60k run for the 2021 Bronco roll out. Let’s assume they wave in every soft top they have access to (in the most extreme scenario) whats the outcome for MIC guys....

They seemed to have an existing stock pile of MIC tops at the start of production. We saw MIC tops freely handed out for June priority builds (then they ran into lack of MICs for July when it came time to rely on newly produced tops).

MIC stockpile applied to 5k demos and 3k priorities, assuming a 70% are MIC = 5.6k MIC tops assigned. Plus they need to make good on 7k FEs with MIC tops = 12.6k total MIC tops. So of the 60k builds, including FE/Priority/Demo, thats 15k builds, of which 12.6k are MIC. They have 45k builds left for the 2021 run, and 110k orders remaining to choose from. Lets say Ford waves in EVERY soft top all the way through recent reservations - we have 110k orders left - if 30% are soft top, thats 33k soft tops they could cherry pick. Then Ford asks/urges to switch to a soft top. Let's say they convinced a couple thousand people to switch, thats now 35k soft tops for the taking. Now they are at 50k builds for the 2021 run. With no more soft tops to choose from, they need 10k MIC tops from webasto to hit their 60k volume for 2021. Ford would probably do everything in their power to assist webasto in producing those extra MICs to hit their volume number, as thats #1 for shareholders. Ok - 10k MIC tops for non-FE/non-priority guys. So top 17% percentile of dealer allocation get a MIC top (10k/60k = 17%). Now couple that with other restraints such as sasquatch etc. and you would think each dealer would get maybe a couple Day 1 reservation loaded sasquatches filled for 2021. There's a chance...
Wow reading all that makes my head hurt

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Apologizing ahead of time for not listening to anything FE buyers say here. It's easy to have a better POV when you know you'll have yours by end of summer...
That’s not true. They’re only scheduling FEs in the first week of the month. It will be like that until November/December so it’s possible a 2021 FE will be delivered in 2022.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

MIC stockpile applied to 5k demos and 3k priorities, assuming a 70% are MIC = 5.6k MIC tops assigned across those 8k. Plus they need to make good on 7k FEs with MIC tops = 12.6k total MIC tops. So of the 60k builds, including FE/Priority/Demo, thats 15k builds, of which 12.6k are MIC. They have 45k builds left for the 2021 run, and 110k orders remaining to choose from. Lets say Ford waves in EVERY soft top all the way through recent reservations - we have 110k orders left - if 30% are soft top, thats 33k soft tops they could cherry pick. Then Ford asks/urges to switch to a soft top. Let's say they convinced a couple thousand people to switch, thats now 35k soft tops for the taking. Now they are at 50k builds for the 2021 run. With no more soft tops to choose from, they need 10k MIC tops from webasto to hit their 60k volume for 2021. Ford would probably do everything in their power to assist webasto in producing those extra MICs to hit their volume number, as thats #1 for shareholders. Ok - 10k MIC tops for non-FE/non-priority guys. So top 17% percentile of dealer allocation get a MIC top (10k/60k = 17%). Now couple that with other restraints such as sasquatch etc. and you would think each dealer would get maybe a couple Day 1 reservation loaded sasquatches filled for 2021. There's a chance...
Lol, OK my guy
Ford Bronco Broncos scheduling this week 5/20 raw (7)

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That’s not true. They’re only scheduling FEs in the first week of the month. It will be like that until November/December so it’s possible a 2021 FE will be delivered in 2022.
I suppose if your build is on the cusp of MY21/22 conversion this would be the case. Even if you get delivery early 22, all FE will still be 21.

Sponsored

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I suppose if your build is on the cusp of MY21/22 conversion this would be the case. Even if you get delivery early 22, all FE will still be 21.
I know, I covered that in my post when I said “it’s possible a 2021 FE will be delivered in 2022”.

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wait, are “VIP” orders another, new type of priority?
Or is that referring to the “Priority” orders that we’ve already known about?

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I disagree. They released in the middle of a pandemic, so that was a known thing for them, and after the first 24-48 hours, they were well aware of the level of interest in the Bronco, so also plenty of warning. As far as Webasto / supplier issues - it still falls on Ford. Iv've worked for a large automotive supplier and while things can happen, if it gets out of control enough to mess up a launch, Ford already waited too long before getting proactive.

IMHO / YMMV / IGHAB (I'm going to have a beer)
Delays aren't ford's fault.... People need to chill
Maybe Ford should have contracted with 2 companies to make the MIC tops..If Webasto is building only 10 tops a day,think about that...One company does the 4 door,the other the 2 door...It appears obvious now that Webasto could not handle the volume....and most of that is on Ford...

BlackearthBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond, 2016 Audi A3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I decided to enjoy my summer and bought a Gladiator. Will be kayaking in the pine barrens on Saturday instead of wondering when my Bronco will be built.
Yep. Driving to California and back. Praying that upon return I can swap out the Gladiator for Big Bend in the fall.
Sponsored