Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So it was priority build for the first round. Now it's VIP's for the second round. I'm wondering what will the line jumper be called on the third round. 🤔
This one is for all the VIP'S out there. 😆

Ford Bronco Broncos scheduling this week 5/20 tenor (8)
Sponsored

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

..regular scheduling for July next week.
Just curious - I thought many (or most) of the July slots were taken when they pushed the June people to July. What am I missing?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol, OK my guy
Ford Bronco Broncos scheduling this week 5/20 tenor (8)
Haha. I clearly don’t like things out of my control, just trying to determine some type of outcome because it seems like a long haul

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can we talk about the MIC top situation for a second? Let's assume Fords #1 priority is hitting their promised 60k run for the 2021 Bronco roll out. Let’s assume they wave in every soft top they have access to (in the most extreme scenario) whats the outcome for MIC guys....

They seemed to have an existing stock pile of MIC tops at the start of production. We saw MIC tops freely handed out for June priority builds (then they ran into lack of MICs for July when it came time to rely on newly produced tops).

MIC stockpile applied to 5k demos and 3k priorities, assuming a 70% are MIC = 5.6k MIC tops assigned across those 8k. Plus they need to make good on 7k FEs with MIC tops = 12.6k total MIC tops. So of the 60k builds, including FE/Priority/Demo, thats 15k builds, of which 12.6k are MIC. They have 45k builds left for the 2021 run, and 110k orders remaining to choose from. Lets say Ford waves in EVERY soft top all the way through recent reservations - we have 110k orders left - if 30% are soft top, thats 33k soft tops they could cherry pick. Then Ford asks/urges to switch to a soft top. Let's say they convinced a couple thousand people to switch, thats now 35k soft tops for the taking. Now they are at 50k builds for the 2021 run. With no more soft tops to choose from, they need 10k MIC tops from webasto to hit their 60k volume for 2021. Ford would probably do everything in their power to assist webasto in producing those extra MICs to hit their volume number, as thats #1 for shareholders. Ok - 10k MIC tops for non-FE/non-priority guys. So top 17% percentile of dealer allocation get a MIC top (10k/60k = 17%). Now couple that with other restraints such as sasquatch etc. and you would think each dealer would get maybe a couple Day 1 reservation loaded sasquatches filled for 2021. There's a chance...
Our math is close on MIC tops to be produced, I posted this in another thread few days ago...

Wow. So let’s play this out. I am over estimating here but let’s assume Webasto makes:
  • May 30/day and let’s be generous at 24 days production in a month = 720
  • June 40/day x 24 days = 960
  • July 75/day x 24 days = 1800
  • August 100 /day x 24 days = 2400
  • September 125/day x 24 days = 3000
  • October 200 / day x 24 days = 4800
  • November 300 / day x 20 days = 6000
    • (And remember, Ford is trying to make 600 Broncos a day staring in August)
So, the TOTAL MIC tops produced for MY 2021 could only be 19,680.

And so if Ford was shooting to produce 60k-ish MY21s then only 1/3 will get MIC tops. And, after taking out FEs and Priority orders, that leaves very little (only about 10k) of non FEs to get a MIC top In MY21.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Certainly couldn't hurt.
I for one hope Lite Brite does get priority as they bring good content with big boy mods I'd like fleshed out.
I have a feeling they probably will, they have spent a decent amount of time with Loren Healy after KOH. They also said they had an early reservation and were talking about builds in January when the rest of us were looking at getting our orders in.
I think its totally worth Ford getting them their Bronco earlier, and I feel like that priority would come from corporate/Bronco team not some priority through a dealership.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wow wow this means I can count on getting a 2021 for 2026….. I can’t wait wow Ford rules!!!!!! You guys know how to roll out new product…..
Then you could change your username to NewBroncoOld

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I know is that if they are taking this much effort to make are everything is "Perfect," They will be well aware of every imperfection I can find after mine is built.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Our math is close on MIC tops to be produced, I posted this in another thread few days ago...
Nice to see another number cruncher come up with a similar conclusion. Better than Rainman memes or comments that peoples brains hurt. Ha.

The only thing we could do now is speculate with the numbers on hand. It’s really no surprise that Ford urged people to switch to the soft top and they are still technically allowing 2021 orders to be made right now. There is a 10kish deficit to make good on their 60k 2021 run if they dip into all soft tops. If webasto can’t make due, ford needs a fall back to dig even deeper for more soft tops as orders. But regardless it seems like ford needs that level of hardtops to not piss customers off completely (which was your analysis)

Last edited:

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can someone tell me where to find that cover picture?

Sponsored

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lukeswags23

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is Ford still going to notify Bronco orders in May of projected build date? I bet not based on the current debacle unfolding. Reservation 3 hours after opening and still waiting........
They better. Or else this is just another promises made promises not kept. This is ridiculous they have been god awful this whole time. Delay after delay.......

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can we talk about the MIC top situation for a second? Let's assume Fords #1 priority is hitting their promised 60k run for the 2021 Bronco roll out. Let’s assume they wave in every soft top they have access to (in the most extreme scenario) whats the outcome for MIC guys....

They seemed to have an existing stock pile of MIC tops at the start of production. We saw MIC tops freely handed out for June priority builds (then they ran into lack of MICs for July when it came time to rely on newly produced tops).

MIC stockpile applied to 5k demos and 3k priorities, assuming a 70% are MIC = 5.6k MIC tops assigned across those 8k. Plus they need to make good on 7k FEs with MIC tops = 12.6k total MIC tops. So of the 60k builds, including FE/Priority/Demo, thats 15k builds, of which 12.6k are MIC. They have 45k builds left for the 2021 run, and 110k orders remaining to choose from. Lets say Ford waves in EVERY soft top all the way through recent reservations - we have 110k orders left - if 30% are soft top, thats 33k soft tops they could cherry pick. Then Ford asks/urges to switch to a soft top. Let's say they convinced a couple thousand people to switch, thats now 35k soft tops for the taking. Now they are at 50k builds for the 2021 run. With no more soft tops to choose from, they need 10k MIC tops from webasto to hit their 60k volume for 2021. Ford would probably do everything in their power to assist webasto in producing those extra MICs to hit their volume number, as thats #1 for shareholders. Ok - 10k MIC tops for non-FE/non-priority guys. So top 17% percentile of dealer allocation get a MIC top (10k/60k = 17%). Now couple that with other restraints such as sasquatch etc. and you would think each dealer would get maybe a couple Day 1 reservation loaded sasquatches filled for 2021. There's a chance...
I was fully expecting an ACT math question at the end of this post.
Sponsored