TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out of curiosity, I called a local dealer here in UT that had one listed for sale at 10K over sticker, and the salesman said it is their Badlands demo unit that will be there shortly. He said that they have to hang on to it for 6 months, but they will sell it with a deposit and not necessarily do all the paperwork, prior to the 6 months. I asked if they would be letting customers drive it and was told "absolutely not, it will just sit on the showroom". So I guess all their customers with orders are SOL, that were hoping for a test drive.
Sounds like something that should be reported.
Not sure there's anything to report. As I understand it dealers are free to use their mannequins however they please. Some will stay in the showroom, some will be demos. I've seen a post or two about dealers who plan to use them as their service transportation vehicle.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh dang, I was just poking the Levine reference but you were serious. My bad. Thats good news
They are always serious... and apparently in the “know”

Yep, good news

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this last week but here are 6 Broncos for sale on Chapman Ford's website...
https://www.chapmanfordhorsham.com/all-inventory/index.htm?search=Bronco&model=Bronco
All have VINs. Only one is identified as " Mannequin Unit ". If you look up the VIN for a window sticker here, it shows up:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FMEE5DH4MLA61582
ALL of them are marked up $20k over MSRP. No other window stickers were available but all have build dates.

I don't know if they are part of the 20% dealers are allowed to sell without penalty or if they are customer vehicles that get posted automatically by Ford.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If stealerships are getting canceled orders to sell before real customer orders that followed the process rules, then there is no actual “process” and Ford screwed the pooch. Again.
It's pretty funny how many of these "cancelled" orders are also "Priority" builds. I've seen that a handful of times already. Just saying 🤷‍♂️

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Selling a manny this fast is a one way ticket out of the bronco business.

Look for my thread about who is gonna pony up. A dealer close to is advertising a base 2dr v-6 in stock with vin. For 54K !!!!!!!

I was shocked because this dealer has been around since 1915 and didn't think they would play these games but I guess times change.

Maybe Ford should look into it.

Or better yet I will post here to make it easier. Didn't some sell a Sport to soon ?????? Did they get a spanking????

https://www.sunburyford.com/new-inventory/index.htm?make=Ford&model=Bronco&gvBodyStyle=SUV

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I posted this last week but here are 6 Broncos for sale on Chapman Ford's website...
https://www.chapmanfordhorsham.com/all-inventory/index.htm?search=Bronco&model=Bronco
All have VINs. Only one is identified as " Mannequin Unit ". If you look up the VIN for a window sticker here, it shows up:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FMEE5DH4MLA61582
ALL of them are marked up $20k over MSRP. No other window stickers were available but all have build dates.

I don't know if they are part of the 20% dealers are allowed to sell without penalty or if they are customer vehicles that get posted automatically by Ford.
Pretty sure @DealerInsider has stated some are customer units the customer has asked him to broker on a flip - a possibility this thread has not really contemplated in the runaway speculation and complaining lol.

Also no mention here until the third page (lol) of the Ford policy penalizing dealers selling to over 20(?)% of names different than the reservation holder…calm down people.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure @DealerInsider has stated some are customer units the customer has asked him to broker on a flip - a possibility this thread has not really contemplated in the runaway speculation and complaining lol.

Also no mention here until the third page (lol) of the Ford policy penalizing dealers selling to over 20(?)% of names different than the reservation holder…calm down.
Yeah, I'm not complaining about it. I'm happy to see more VINs and Window Stickers. It means things are moving.

I have to imagine times are getting tight for dealers right now. I don't blame them for putting a markup on the hottest new vehicle coming out ( for the shleps off the street that is). Don't know if you have been by a car lot lately but they are getting pretty barren.
Sponsored