First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As a firearms dealer, if I sold my products 38% over MSRP, I would never make a sale. To do that with a vehicle today still makes me think people just don't have any brains.
Especially for the first model year of a vehicle. It is undoubtedly going to have design/quality issues that need to be worked out.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Starting to see more and more Broncos showing for sale on Dealer lots, Carvana, Autotrade, etc. Huge ADM fees attached of course and amazes me that people are willing to pay those prices while so many are still waiting just to get their Bronco that was ordered. Wish there was a way to tag those sheeple as dumb A***** for driving the market up on a vehicle that should only be sold at MSRP. Corporate greed I know and welcome to a world of screw the people. Let Ford make something cool and give to people at a good price and only to have dealers pull this BS. Now affordable if you make six figures a year. Sorry just venting frustration from seeing what shouldn't be happening.
The entire used car market is inflated. There is a supply issue of new cars and buyers are willing to pay a premium.

If somebody wants to sell their new Bronco and make a profit, fine by me. If a dealer has an abandoned Bronco to sell, why should they sell it for $xx,xxx less than they could?

I don't see the big problem here.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some of us have to sell them or leave them at the dealer for someone else to buy. Could be a variety of reasons. My dealer stated that some who reserved, ordered, due to the wait, etc. already got something else so they didn't take delivery. My dealer in that case sells them off the lot.

I might leave mine or sell it and hope to at least drive it for a few weeks, break even or make a K or two. We all have our reasons- mine being gas mileage and 4.00 a gallon. I wonder how some of you do it- especially with a payment. If you have a payment of say 500-600 a month, then 300-400 a month in gas- Jeez..... I can't afford the 300-400 a month in gas, let alone the payment. I can afford the Bronco with accrued savings and my current vehicle equity but at 17 MPG not the recurring gas expense.

OP
OP
Fixajet

Fixajet

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 / 2021 EcoSport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FFL, you SOT too…
No, too much paperwork involved in that. The FFL alone keeps me plenty busy along with my day job.

OP
OP
Fixajet

Fixajet

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The entire used car market is inflated. There is a supply issue of new cars and buyers are willing to pay a premium.

If somebody wants to sell their new Bronco and make a profit, fine by me. If a dealer has an abandoned Bronco to sell, why should they sell it for $xx,xxx less than they could?

I don't see the big problem here.
I get it and making a profit is acceptable but Ford is the working mans vehicle, not the elites play toy. If your only buying to flip and make a profit, your just screwing over someone who really wants one and now can't afford it because its so over priced.

Sponsored

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, too much paperwork involved in that. The FFL alone keeps me plenty busy along with my day job.
Very nice, todays my nameday. Think I’ll support the Constitution and pick up a new Blaster. Weapons are part of my religion. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤙🏽

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As a firearms dealer, if I sold my products 38% over MSRP, I would never make a sale. To do that with a vehicle today still makes me think people just don't have any brains.
you should have been around 1994/Clinton , 2000,world trade center, 08- Obama, 2012 ammo shortage , 2018 ammo shortage AGAIN !!!!
you forgot all that ?????
please tell me about percentages % , every gun dealer I know , dealt with inflated the prices 100%%%%%%

OP
OP
Fixajet

Fixajet

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
you should have been around 1994/Clinton , 2000,world trade center, 08- Obama, 2012 ammo shortage , 2018 ammo shortage AGAIN !!!!
you forgot all that ?????
please tell me about percentages % , every gun dealer I know , dealt with inflated the prices 100%%%%%%
I can't speak for what other dealers do and were straying away from topic. My reference is for if I want your business, I need to be competitive in price to beat the other guy to get that business. If I mark up XX% over MSRP and is no longer affordable, worth that value, or more than the other guy, why would you spend more for that product that is a) cheaper some place else or b) not worth the value placed on it. Dealerships used to be competitive to get your business, but now... eeh.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it and making a profit is acceptable but Ford is the working mans vehicle, not the elites play toy. If your only buying to flip and make a profit, your just screwing over someone who really wants one and now can't afford it because its so over priced.
He's not screwing anyone over. It's not bread or milk. Nobody needs a Bronco.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They better look for something cheaper! I too dream about getting a GT500!! That will never happen! Why ? Because I cant afford it! SOL!

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it and making a profit is acceptable but Ford is the working mans vehicle, not the elites play toy.
This isn't 1920....the Bronco is as much "the elite's play toy" as anything else out there in the market...it's a compete luxury to have a vehicle like the Bronco.

That said, I don't celebrate flippers like the OP...they're mostly scum.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2002 - Ford releases the 11th gen T-Bird, dealers charge ADM (I saw $10K over MSRP for the light blue)

2005 - Ford cancels the T-bird due to low sales

I think the bronco will be around for while simply because it is more practical then a 2 seater convertible, but I also think in a year or 2 they will be everywhere with deals to be had.

Landvalue

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks, with a 2023 on the way
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So here is the simple truth. Ford underestimated demand for the bronco and underpriced it initially. All of our broncos are worth more than we are contracted for as a result. We are locked in to a really good deal because Ford is honoring their initial pricing. If the original price was $15,000 more, they probably would have reduced the number of orders to the point where supply equals demand and there would be no backlog and no significant wait. Thankfully, Ford had honored their contracts with us.

The two downsides to this are 1) we have a long wait and 2) dealers are trying to capitalize on the value gap. Meanwhile, when you get your Bronco, know that you probably made some money on it, something that is very rare when buying a depreciating asset.
Sponsored