Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Imagine the jubilation when they all ship rapidly. Ford and this forum will be praising the delivery of all those Broncos.
Lol no way. First they have to go to the lot, look up the VIN, see what it's missing, then transport it to the repair bay, take off the bad part or disassemble it enough to get to whatever module is missing, then put it all back together and possibly run it through the end of line process.

Vs new ones rolling off the line: the parts just get delivered right to the assembler's work station and they install it.

I guess it's still cheaper to build em and let em sit than pay 75% salary to furlough line workers.

nic

Badlands
First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This probably isn't the negative that you think it is. Besides the tens of thousands of units waiting for chips story has already ran numerous times and it probably isn't newsworthy.

We realized that our top maker let us down and there is no way we are going to let a defective product go to our customers. We are going to make these right and get our loyal customers what they have been waiting for, the highest quality Ford product that is second to none. Next question...
but if it’s that easy, what’s stopping Ford from saying that?

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good thing they’re sending us all Ford blankets this week so when we finally decide to curl up and cry in frustration we’ll have something to comfort us.

Sponsored

Aviboy97

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, @JRFrasier19 on Twitter has a screen shot up on a Twitter thread and Ford is tagged in it.

Twitter is usually the best way to light a fire. Doubt we will get any real answers tho.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While it is astounding to look at, and the implications may be far-reaching for all of us waiting, it really probably represents a week of production (and just shy of $150 million for Ford). You know they want to deliver these, but cannot for whatever reason. A lot of people seem to be implying otherwise, and that’s just crazy.

And the fact that they have not given an answer on the issues is likely that they neither have a resolution in hand nor a reliable timeframe to communicate honestly.
This is what makes it worse for me. They're not hiding anything, they just don't have anything but bad news to share, like there's no plan. They wont do that, they'd rather stay quiet.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lol, no I think they are implying Ford doesn’t communicate well. Also, we know that Ford wants those Bronco’s on dealer lots because the ones they gave to the dealers over customer orders are being sold for $15000 over MSRP.

Mostly, anyone that hasn’t gotten a VIN or build update would like any response from @Ford Motor Company letting them know a real reason for the holdup. Is my top bad? Did I ask for to much in my build and you won’t have the parts till the end of 2022? These don’t seem like very hard questions for them to answer.

Everyone is aware of the constraints, Webasto F up, and hard top issues. What they would like from Ford is an honest to goodness email for the reason for their particular delay, with a rough estimated completion date. That would be something better than “Stay Pumped,” and pretending everything is ok.
Ford gets $0 of any markup over MSRP. Ford would prefer no markups.

Sponsored

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of makes me glad my "temporary" Tremor Ranger will be delivered next week. With a Sept and Oct reservation date, I'm not going to see the life of my BL Bronco until late 2022 at this rate, especially with all the deadly sins.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The bronco has enough mainstream popularity, that a larger media organization could justify running with this as a story, right?

it feels like Ford has been able to control the narrative to everyone outside of this forum. Someone needs to wake others up and force Ford’s communication.
A group of us have been tweeting at Levine, Jalopnic, motortrend and farley every day for the last two weeks, they all just ignore us. Only new stories coming out are about how hot the Bronco is and how great the Bronco is. Maybe if we had more people bitching it would matter, but so far it hasn't.

OffRoader90

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Impala FLEET BABY!!!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol, no I think they are implying Ford doesn’t communicate well. Also, we know that Ford wants those Bronco’s on dealer lots because the ones they gave to the dealers over customer orders are being sold for $15000 over MSRP.

Mostly, anyone that hasn’t gotten a VIN or build update would like any response from @Ford Motor Company letting them know a real reason for the holdup. Is my top bad? Did I ask for to much in my build and you won’t have the parts till the end of 2022? These don’t seem like very hard questions for them to answer.

Everyone is aware of the constraints, Webasto F up, and hard top issues. What they would like from Ford is an honest to goodness email for the reason for their particular delay, with a rough estimated completion date. That would be something better than “Stay Pumped,” and pretending everything is ok.
I must say this is a very accurate take, and I would also appreciate the transparency, as someone that doesn't have a build date like so many others. Unfortunately, its like placing facts in front of a illogical person. They will not acknowledge or even address the issue. The stay pumped email and the stay tuned stuff, when all the press cars and reviews are completed is kind of a kick in the balls. Thanks for the sweet photos I guess, but I would appreciate as everyone else would, an actual email with substance update, not just futile gestures.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine has been in production since 7/14, window sticker keeps updating. I talked to my dealer today and they said on their end it shows built waiting for transport.
Same situation with mine, 7/22 build and dealer is saying it’s waiting for rail.

I was 7/23, it’s released but ETA week got pushed from this week to next. I think there are logistic issues.
Hopefully that’s all it is. If all of these are waiting for some sort of replacement part that’s gonna take a while to get through them all

307Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mitsubishi Evo MR 2012 Mercedes AMG C63
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, @JRFrasier19 on Twitter has a screen shot up on a Twitter thread and Ford is tagged in it.

Twitter is usually the best way to light a fire. Doubt we will get any real answers tho.
Here's Levine's answer:
Ford Bronco Broncos stored as far as one can see @ Wayne, MI đź”­ Web capture_10-8-2021_18565_twitter.com
Sponsored