Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Possibly ford is implementing the 5s procedure

sort=Identify Broncos that are missing parts
Straighten=move them outside (hide them)
Shine= clean the plant (do not keep Broncos clean)
Standardize= let’s do this with the maverick and other releases

5S Step 1, Sort (Seiri)

The first step in the 5S process is to sort.

This means sorting the materials at your work place. In particular, identify all the things in the workplace (tools, equipment, etc.) that are laying around but that you never use and/or don't use regularly. Put these in a pile or area and prepare to give them away, sell them, dispose of them, or put them into long-term storage so they don't clutter up your work area

5S Step 2, Straighten (Seiton)--Also Known as Set in Order

After you've removed the stuff that you don't need in the work area, you can begin thinking about the stuff that's left and consider the best places to put them all. Remember, you're looking for ways to maximize efficiency, decrease waste, reduce ergonomic strain, and similarly improve your work processes.

You'll want to put things that are used often in a nearby place where they're easy to grab

5S Step 3, Shine (Seiso)--Also Known as Sweep or Sanitize

Once you've got everything in its right place, it's time to clean the work area.

And this doesn't mean just clean it once. It means to set up a schedule to clean it on a regular schedule and make sure that schedule gets carried out.

You'll learn that daily/regular cleanings are a great opportunity to inspect the work area and machines for damage or anything else that's gone wrong

5S Step 4, Standardize (Seiketsu)

The next step in the 5S process is to standardize.

Standardizing means to develop best practices/SOPs so your company has a better chance of keeping things organized, clean, safe, and efficient.

Be sure to include responsibilities for sorting, straightening, and shining into people's work responsibilities so it's always done.

5S Step 5, Sustain (Shitsuke)

In the last (and continuing) phase of 5S, sustain, you've got to take those schedules and keep 'em going.

Last edited:

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chevy has over 10k SUV's sitting in Texas. Ford isn't the only one hurting.
Are they all special orders that someone is trying to track with a tool provided by GM/Chevy?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe it's not the worst thing to be continually waiting to be built. Less frustrating than being built and sitting in a yard somewhere.
While frustrating, I have more sympathy for those that have nothing. Those that are waiting for one that's built will get theirs when the issues have been corrected. Many of those not so fortunate could be waiting for a long time yet.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While frustrating, I have more sympathy for those that have nothing. Those that are waiting for one that's built will get theirs when the issues have been corrected. Many of those not so fortunate could be waiting for a long time yet.
The plant must run at all costs. What this means is as soon as clean parts start coming in, new orders will get built and shipped asap.

Those bad batch broncos? Eh, whenever we have some spare parts kicking around I guess we can go repair them.

Hopefully snow and ice doesn't blow the MIC apart too bad, We start getting frost in October.

Sponsored

307Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mitsubishi Evo MR 2012 Mercedes AMG C63
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This just looks like all of us without our Broncos yet won't be getting them this year. Good job Ford.

Would love to be wrong. I really need mine before it snows...

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is insane. How do dealers have mannequin units while all of these customer orders are sitting there?
also, why are all of the youtubers getting theirs before us. You know good and well they didn’t reserve before all of us. Lite Brite Nation said they’re expecting theirs in 2 weeks! I understand it’s marketing but at this point it’s time to make sure the public gets their Broncos first.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think it's naive to assume Ford can correct the issues. The only correction to make is to replace the MIC hardtop with a different design. Orders that haven't been scheduled are certainly going to be at the head of the line when that redesigned hardtop finally appears.

Those parked vehicles? That's "filler" work for weeks when the plant isn't operating (and the plant makes more than just Broncos, btw). When the issue is corrected, the immediate recipients are going to be orders that have yet to be scheduled.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok let the crazy speculation begin. My vote is that someone from Jeep stole all the keys and one spark plug from each vehicle and now they can’t ship them.
Looks like a mass burial to me with those excavators...
Sponsored