First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why don’t we just ask @Ford or whatever they post as, how many customer vehicles are not good enough to deliver and are sitting in sandlots? Or at least tell us why you feel they are not good enough to deliver. I’d rather have an answer to that than another mass produced product with “bronco” printed on it. Why does Ford think that we would be more pissed knowing the truth than this?

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is my thought as well. I think a lot of members are jumping to conclusions, when the storage situation could be nearly normal for any automotive manufacturing plant. The only automotive manufacturing plant I've visited was as a student member of SAE and we visited the Baltimore GM facility where the Astro and Safari vans were manufactured. There were several thousand units of product stored around the facility as I remember it.

I do think there is a COVID impact to the National delivery logistics system, which is reflected in this video.
But there's one big difference in the situations. The astro and safarie's you saw were already in mass production and, for the most part, built for dealer inventory. They build more than the dealers can hold on their lots and replace as needed. The Bronco on the other hand, has 10's of thousands of orders waiting to be fulfilled. There's a customer waiting for almost every one of those Bronco's sitting there. The circumstances are completely different.

Sponsored

KSJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia,F250,Camry,Harley,Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sooooo, if you have a Bronco on order with say Cyber Orange color and it's only offered on the 2021 models will it actually have to be built this year or will it carry over into next year model if it doesn't get built this year?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So from my dealer these are all there because of chip shortage!!!!!
FML!!!! :cry:
That is an old chestnut they are just using as an excuse. The Bronco built aren't affected by chip shortages. They are affected by a multitude of problems to include the following:

MIC Top manufacturing issues
Splash Guards
Something with the tow package
and other issues.

BUT NOT CHIPS AT THIS TIME

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Holy moly.......

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Classic case of forced supply and demand to drive pricing up. Scarcity of product = high demand/high prices. This angers me. But those that are privileged have their’s sitting in their driveways.
Nope........ Due to a shortage of electronics and other commodities.
I will agree that some dealers are screwing customers by selling way above MSRP as well as taking the Bronco's for themselves.

Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If this is due to a delivery logistics issue, here is an easy solution.

Ford will offer Bronco owners a once in a lifetime experience. Current Bronco reservation and order holders can opt in to our new delivery process. For $500 ( Owner is responsible for travel and accommodations) the owner will get a factory tour, signed poster by the MAP employees, Dash plaque, and finally take delivery of your Bronco on top of the massive sand pile, nicknamed "Mount ClusterFook".
If the owner should choose this option and tackle "Mount ClusterFook", the $1495 fee for dealership delivery would be refunded.

P.s. "Mount ClusterFook" is now officially trademarked and T-shirts will be available soon.......

BigDeal

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My guess would be that these are suffering like all vehicle lines and need chips. I saw a similar video that had about 20K F-250's parked the same way waiting for chips. by the time they work through this chip shortage they will be selling 2021 and 2022 models well into 2024. What a hot mess.

BigDeal

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is an old chestnut they are just using as an excuse. The Bronco built aren't affected by chip shortages. They are affected by a multitude of problems to include the following:

MIC Top manufacturing issues
Splash Guards
Something with the tow package
and other issues.

BUT NOT CHIPS AT THIS TIME
That's what they are saying, but do you believe them?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's what they are saying, but do you believe them?
Yes, because I can see my PCMs matching up with an already built and delivered Bronco.

The only reason Ford build so many F-150s without chips is that the ones they left out are easy to install. They are still drivable. They aren't leaving engine ECUs out...that would make it impossible to leave the assembly line and the Bronco isn't as complex as the F-150 when it comes to electronics.
Sponsored