Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love him or hate him, he's the muppet/jar jar binks of car reviews lmfao.
Yeah but unlike Jar-Jar he is actually endearing and likeable. Doug may not have the best sense of humour or presentation style, but you have to admit his passion for cars isn't fake and he really does love his job.

And the guy isn't afraid to be himself, and that's the coolest thing someone can be.
Sponsored

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've noticed that if I try to roll up all 4 windows at the same time, sometimes the front passenger window will just stop half way up

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Worst thing for me is that even with front mud flaps the amount of dirt (mud, snow, ice, road dirt) that gets caught on the rear wheel fenders, and then when you open the door, the door scrapes it off the fender. If there is a lot of sand/rocks the door is getting the edge ground by all that dirt. I installed some door edge guard along that small strip just to deal with this. We shall see how well the edging holds up. Once I get my Rhino D6 sliders installed this should almost get rid of this but still annoying.

Also how you have to slam the door like a Wrangler to get them fully closed. Otherwise this vehicle is freaking awesome!

16FD75C9-FC7F-4888-8271-226A3C121805.jpeg

748E676D-AED5-4D0A-A710-A12A92A213EB.jpeg
THIS! After getting 5 pounds of mud on each rear fender yesterday, opening the rear doors scraped some of it off, and closing them pushed a little back in every time...
I will be buying some xpel door guard material to protect that radius on the door above the fender!

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some are probably "whiny", some repetitive, some legit?:
  • As a first time 4x4 owner on larger tires, getting in and out of the damn thing has been an adjustment for this 50 year old....my issue not Bronco's but figured you'd get a laught.
  • Tail gate is a nuisance. Need a workout to get it open.
  • Rearview mirror feels like it consumes a lot of the field of view.
  • I don't know if it's me and my prior vehicle but it feels like most of the steering wheel controls are now left-handed when they were right-handed on my prior ("OK" button, volume button, advancing an audit track, etc).
  • Cup storage has been a complaint on a lot of recent vehicles. With the increase in popularity of "Yeti" sized bottles, why not have somewhere to store. I found the small cargo net on door does OK. I know, "first world problems" but for a vehicle targeted to outdoor use, think of those who might carry stuff like this.
  • Other than that, have about 400 miles on it, rides great on pavement. Finally got some dirt on it this weekend cutting down Xmas tree(didn't need 4x4 yet but fun nonetheless) and I'm getting flashes from a Raptor and another Bronco, not sure that's the best choice for "jeep wave" equivalent but seems to be trending out here....just a few, caught me off guard before I realized why.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll start by saying I LOVE my Bronco. The only real complaint I'd have so far is the wireless charger for the phone in the Lux Package. As expected, the phone slides around in the compartment and so it doesn't charge. It's been a completely useless feature for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't notice as mine is either 100% open or closed. I have a 2 door hard top, so the gate has to be 100% open to lift the rear window.This is probably different with the 4 door, if this is what you have.
No, I have a 2 door... It needs to be at least 90 degrees open for sure though.... And even then, there is a little scrape.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My recirculating air turns off periodically while on the hwy. Then it seems like it’s on high/7 instead of 1 or 2 where it was at. I put the recirculate back on and sometimes it goes back to the way it was and sometimes it doesn’t. At least not for a couple more minutes.
There is a humidity sensor on the cabin... And the recirc is probably on a timer too.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok, I have 2.

That the volume control is on the left hand of the steering wheel. Maybe I'm just more of a left handed driver. But it drives me nuts that I can easily access volume in 2 places with my hands, left hand on the wheel, right hand on the gear shifter (easily access the volume dial right in front of it) but to change the station I need to move my hands all over the place! I change the channel more than I adjust the volume.

No volume auto reset. (is this maybe a Ford thing?) But in like the last 3 cars I owned, if you had the volume turned all the way up, and you shut the car off, you could set an auto volume level when you turned the car back on. I've scared the crap outta myself a few times already because of this! haha

oh wait. 3.

Windshield wipers don't go down when you turn off the car. (again, maybe a Ford thing?)
The only car I had the wipers do that was my Land Rover. Loved that!

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THIS! After getting 5 pounds of mud on each rear fender yesterday, opening the rear doors scraped some of it off, and closing them pushed a little back in every time...
I will be buying some xpel door guard material to protect that radius on the door above the fender!
4 door problems 🤷

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

• Windows don’t drop fast enough when opening door and shakes.
  • Rear AC “vents” are completely useless but that wasn’t an unexpected quirk.
  • Analog speedometer placement. Should of just made the whole thing digital screen
  • Wireless charger is useless and wireless CarPlay sucks battery juice. I’m still tethered 😡
  • Tailgate shock needs a major redesign.
  • Lip that hangs over the 12" screen blocks the upper portion of screen where time and temp are. Its really a 11" screen for me.
  • The steering wheel is smaller than the kids go-cart. I measured! Why the huge camel hump of a horn honker?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I find it weird that when listening to Spotify it shows the song and the ability to like it and everything. But then when I leave and come back it auto starts playing Spotify but the screen display doesn’t return and just gives you playlists to select. When I hit nav it moves Spotify to the small box displaying the title but never the big box. Kinda weird…

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh and you can’t be listening to the stereo when removing the doors the electrical system doesn’t like it and hill start assist failure lights come on when starting.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ok, I have 2.

That the volume control is on the left hand of the steering wheel. Maybe I'm just more of a left handed driver. But it drives me nuts that I can easily access volume in 2 places with my hands, left hand on the wheel, right hand on the gear shifter (easily access the volume dial right in front of it) but to change the station I need to move my hands all over the place! I change the channel more than I adjust the volume.

No volume auto reset. (is this maybe a Ford thing?) But in like the last 3 cars I owned, if you had the volume turned all the way up, and you shut the car off, you could set an auto volume level when you turned the car back on. I've scared the crap outta myself a few times already because of this! haha

oh wait. 3.

Windshield wipers don't go down when you turn off the car. (again, maybe a Ford thing?)
Yeah. FCA has the volume/skip buttons on the back of every steering wheel and it's great. I skip to the next song much more often than change the volume, so having it one quick tap away in a position behind the wheel that I can feel without looking down is much easier. With the bronco I look down to find the button and the skip track is on the right. Less than ideal for a left hand dominant driver