Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The windows are going to be a problem mine already SHAKE really bad when it opens and closes. It is so stupid the windows don't start moving till the door opens and then they " SHAKE " My test was hold the door closed pull the handle and let go and the window doesn't move till the door opens. If the door handle sences me why can't the windows start moving then ? " I could take mine in right now for passenger door is Bad " 2045 miles. Family of 4 outerbanks

We had A 350Z that had windows that moved they worked a 1000 times better. Never SHAKED or got caught on weather stripping.
Try out a Mustang. Ford already knows how to do this 1000 times better than the Bronco implementation. I agree, I see this as a major problem in the future.
Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a humidity sensor on the cabin... And the recirc is probably on a timer too.
I had the vents closed for the first 120 miles. I kept complaining about the ac then BOOOM! AIR!

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ours does not open easily. I thought it was suppose to swing to 90, but I have to force it.
I definitely had to relearn after owning a Wrangler. I found that if you allow the strut to do the work it's slow but easy. If you try to swing it open faster than the strut wants to, it'll fight you.
I'll start by saying I LOVE my Bronco. The only real complaint I'd have so far is the wireless charger for the phone in the Lux Package. As expected, the phone slides around in the compartment and so it doesn't charge. It's been a completely useless feature for me.
Ditto. I was very excited about the idea of everything being wireless, but it simply can't charge quick enough. I'm also not convinced it doesn't actually hurt battery life sometimes when the connection is so poor it heats the phone up but doesn't pump much life in...

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The windows are going to be a problem mine already SHAKE really bad when it opens and closes. It is so stupid the windows don't start moving till the door opens and then they " SHAKE " My test was hold the door closed pull the handle and let go and the window doesn't move till the door opens. If the door handle sences me why can't the windows start moving then ? " I could take mine in right now for passenger door is Bad " 2045 miles. Family of 4 outerbanks

We had A 350Z that had windows that moved they worked a 1000 times better. Never SHAKED or got caught on weather stripping.
Have you reset your window limits?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Haha agreed! It’s not like it’s that serious and it’s totally the shortness of the window. I guess as long as you get your “Cali lean on” to see underneath them, they’re just fine. If I can’t think of anything else for my list, it’s a good problem to have.

4DE6C5CF-1F01-43B8-8ADE-19253D33C1AA.jpeg

3DE41E06-5EBB-47E0-BB9E-194E5FE1077A.jpeg
Looks pretty standard to me. This is my truck.

Ford Bronco Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!? DE117085-643F-49F3-9C66-8D08AFE06EA7

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not too much for me, the parking break switch could be in a better location than "lean forward and reach down". Otherwise I'm very happy with the control layout, but this is also my first car with buttons on the steering wheel. (and I'm glad there are none on the back like with some rental cars I had over the years, where I tended to change stations or what by accident).

The cargo floor part between rear door and under floor storage is angled into the cargo area, should angle out, so rain doesn't drip from the window into the cargo area and drains into the storage area, was quite wet underneath there with the last rains.

Analog speedo might as well not be there, can't see it behind my hand, but I'd never look at it anyway with the big number in the middle of the display. And in all my years of driving, mostly stick, I never once paid any attention to RPMs, so don't miss that in analog and don't look at the numbers either, not driving a race car here.

Wireless charger being mostly useless has been mentioned already, we'll see how it holds up on a long drive soon.

One thing I'll have looked at eventually is that my iphone 12 no longer connects automatically to the car, service manager said her "car play guy" is gonna look at it when I have time to swing by. My daily drive is only 10 min or so, so no rush. (anyone have any ideas here, lmk. I tried all I can find, remove the phone from the car computer, remove the Bronco from the phone, re-pair, same thing. I have to connect via the touch screen where it asks me to plug my phone into USB but then connects wireless anyways a sec later).

As for the visors, yes they are big, but I just push it all the way against the windshield or just lover it a bit, depending on where the sun is, same as I'd do in any other car. I've never driven with the visors down 90 degree as far as I can remember.

Over all I love this thing, can't imagine a better vehicle for my use. Super comfortable, everything laid out as I'd lay it out, love that radio and climate are actual physical controls and not somewhere in the touch screen.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
  • Tail gate is a nuisance. Need a workout to get it open.
  • Rearview mirror feels like it consumes a lot of the field of view.
so for your first point. I too found the tailgate annoying. But I think I figured it out. You have to let the strut do its job. Open it and it'll (albeit slowly) open 1/4 of the way on it's own. Give it another shove, and it'll go 1/2 way. One more after that and it'll eventually end up full open.

And totally on the rearview. I find it tough on right hand bends, it's a complete blind spot. Just something to be aware of.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s really dark inside the vehicle at night. I never thought about losing a roof light due to it being a convertible. Surprised they haven’t designed other lighting locations.

66chill

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500, 2017 Raptor, 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I experienced a low frequency reverb noise in the cabin while off roading this weekend - particularly on washboard roads (MIC 2.0 roof) - opening the windows a little helped a little - but not much.
We've been experiencing this issue as well over washboard or super bumpy roads/snow ice etc.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not too much for me, the parking break switch could be in a better location than "lean forward and reach down". Otherwise I'm very happy with the control layout, but this is also my first car with buttons on the steering wheel. (and I'm glad there are none on the back like with some rental cars I had over the years, where I tended to change stations or what by accident).

The cargo floor part between rear door and under floor storage is angled into the cargo area, should angle out, so rain doesn't drip from the window into the cargo area and drains into the storage area, was quite wet underneath there with the last rains.

Analog speedo might as well not be there, can't see it behind my hand, but I'd never look at it anyway with the big number in the middle of the display. And in all my years of driving, mostly stick, I never once paid any attention to RPMs, so don't miss that in analog and don't look at the numbers either, not driving a race car here.

Wireless charger being mostly useless has been mentioned already, we'll see how it holds up on a long drive soon.

One thing I'll have looked at eventually is that my iphone 12 no longer connects automatically to the car, service manager said her "car play guy" is gonna look at it when I have time to swing by. My daily drive is only 10 min or so, so no rush. (anyone have any ideas here, lmk. I tried all I can find, remove the phone from the car computer, remove the Bronco from the phone, re-pair, same thing. I have to connect via the touch screen where it asks me to plug my phone into USB but then connects wireless anyways a sec later).

As for the visors, yes they are big, but I just push it all the way against the windshield or just lover it a bit, depending on where the sun is, same as I'd do in any other car. I've never driven with the visors down 90 degree as far as I can remember.

Over all I love this thing, can't imagine a better vehicle for my use. Super comfortable, everything laid out as I'd lay it out, love that radio and climate are actual physical controls and not somewhere in the touch screen.
My iPhone has been freezing while plugged in. Phone goes black screen for a few min. I did a hard reset and that got the phone unfroze

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I explained this quirk in GIF form.

THIS, definitely this.
My wife when I snuck my hand over there and turned on her heater the first time:
"Holy Shit! I appreciated a little heat but damn, feels like a nuclear warhead went off under the seat! Can you turn that down?!"

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Grab handle placement in the back seat. Prefer if they were overhead.

Eastmort

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One quirk I noticed is the speedometer tilts down instead of up so makes it awkward to see the proper speed If you are tall. Nothing serious just interesting that they positioned it tilted down instead of up like 99% of other vehicles.
I agree! Not sure what they were thinking angling it down like that.

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One other comment and I know one guy in another thread got a whole bunch of sh&t for this so I risk my cred with this. Badlands/Squatch and new to off-road world. Excited for it and with kids now just about out of house wife and I want to use this thing for what it's built for. However, the stock tires grab rocks like crazy. The prior post I'm talking about, the guy got a load of crap about don't buy the bronco if you don't expect this, go buy an "insert luxury sedan", etc. I get all that but all we did was drive into a gravel lot and these things were jammed with rocks. Hopped on highway on way home and could here them flying off as a I cringed the whole way home. I saw mud flaps as suggested solution (or partial solution) but I guess with rock rails it's tough to find ones that fit right? Any suggested links are appreciated. And before folks start slinging crap my way....I get it. I don't want to be a soccer mom/dad driving around on 35's with a winch and you know it's never seen dirt. I just don't want chunks of paint missing two weeks after owning because I drove through a gravel parking lot (not in position yet to change tires or to wrap the thing as other solutions). If I'm losing paint I want to do it in the woods. Thanks in advance for the help.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
THIS, definitely this.
My wife when I snuck my hand over there and turned on her heater the first time:
"Holy Shit! I appreciated a little heat but damn, feels like a nuclear warhead went off under the seat! Can you turn that down?!"
We used to do a fun game in my Jetta and turn on each others seat heaters and see how long it would take for the other to notice. That game isn't fun anymore.
Sponsored