Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whats everyones deal with the visors? They are the smallest visors on any of my vehicles. Its the tiny windshield...
*Every guy trying to compare size and blaming external factors being the actual issue*

Get In The Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think my biggest quirk is that lip that hangs from the dash out over the center stack droops down blocking my view of the clock on the display when I put my seat right where I want it and where I feel most comfortable. Of course I could either scoot my seat back or lower it a touch, but I should not need to sacrifice my comfort for that. So I just live with not being able to see what time it is.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Some are probably "whiny", some repetitive, some legit?:

• Rearview mirror feels like it consumes a lot of the field of view.
In case you didn't know, the rear view mirror slides up and down. I have it pushed all the way up, helps a bit with view and tiny windshield.

One other comment and I know one guy in another thread got a whole bunch of sh&t for this so I risk my cred with this. Badlands/Squatch and new to off-road world. Excited for it and with kids now just about out of house wife and I want to use this thing for what it's built for. However, the stock tires grab rocks like crazy. The prior post I'm talking about, the guy got a load of crap about don't buy the bronco if you don't expect this, go buy an "insert luxury sedan", etc. I get all that but all we did was drive into a gravel lot and these things were jammed with rocks. Hopped on highway on way home and could here them flying off as a I cringed the whole way home. I saw mud flaps as suggested solution (or partial solution) but I guess with rock rails it's tough to find ones that fit right? Any suggested links are appreciated. And before folks start slinging crap my way....I get it. I don't want to be a soccer mom/dad driving around on 35's with a winch and you know it's never seen dirt. I just don't want chunks of paint missing two weeks after owning because I drove through a gravel parking lot (not in position yet to change tires or to wrap the thing as other solutions). If I'm losing paint I want to do it in the woods. Thanks in advance for the help.
I know you don't want to hear this, but new tires are the only real answer. With squatch sticking out so much past the body, the Goodyears are a problem they are rock magnets. Mud flaps and step bars can help protect some but wont fix the main issue.

Eastmort

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are many, many more positive features than “quirks”. But here’s my “Top 5 “ quirks after a week with the Bronco. . .

1) The cheap, way too easy to scratch interior pieces
2) The cheap looking analog Speedo (which for some unknown reason is also tilted down together with the digital screen)
3) The lack of back seat HVAC vents in the rear of the center console
4) The difficulty level required to reattach the 3 soft top windows properly
5) The super messy engine compartment (at least on the 2.7L)

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah. FCA has the volume/skip buttons on the back of every steering wheel and it's great. I skip to the next song much more often than change the volume, so having it one quick tap away in a position behind the wheel that I can feel without looking down is much easier. With the bronco I look down to find the button and the skip track is on the right. Less than ideal for a left hand dominant driver
I had a loaner RAM for two weeks and totally fell in love with the steering wheel buttons. I think GM has them on the back as well. Ford needs to take notes. Their button layout has always been absolutely terrible.

seashell

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a humidity sensor on the cabin... And the recirc is probably on a timer too.
This is my biggest pet peeve so far and after researching, it looks like a Ford A/C design. Apparently it won't be as much of an issue in the summer but if I wanted to smell all of the leaves being burned in the area, I would roll my windows down.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
not too much for me, the parking break switch could be in a better location than "lean forward and reach down". Otherwise I'm very happy with the control layout, but this is also my first car with buttons on the steering wheel. (and I'm glad there are none on the back like with some rental cars I had over the years, where I tended to change stations or what by accident).

The cargo floor part between rear door and under floor storage is angled into the cargo area, should angle out, so rain doesn't drip from the window into the cargo area and drains into the storage area, was quite wet underneath there with the last rains.

Analog speedo might as well not be there, can't see it behind my hand, but I'd never look at it anyway with the big number in the middle of the display. And in all my years of driving, mostly stick, I never once paid any attention to RPMs, so don't miss that in analog and don't look at the numbers either, not driving a race car here.

Wireless charger being mostly useless has been mentioned already, we'll see how it holds up on a long drive soon.

One thing I'll have looked at eventually is that my iphone 12 no longer connects automatically to the car, service manager said her "car play guy" is gonna look at it when I have time to swing by. My daily drive is only 10 min or so, so no rush. (anyone have any ideas here, lmk. I tried all I can find, remove the phone from the car computer, remove the Bronco from the phone, re-pair, same thing. I have to connect via the touch screen where it asks me to plug my phone into USB but then connects wireless anyways a sec later).

As for the visors, yes they are big, but I just push it all the way against the windshield or just lover it a bit, depending on where the sun is, same as I'd do in any other car. I've never driven with the visors down 90 degree as far as I can remember.

Over all I love this thing, can't imagine a better vehicle for my use. Super comfortable, everything laid out as I'd lay it out, love that radio and climate are actual physical controls and not somewhere in the touch screen.
I agree and feel that (once my Bronco is delivered) it will be the best vehicle for my needs. I also agree that the parking brake should be moved--in the center console like we would expect. Would love to have a pull-brake that I can feel and hear when it is engaged. That tiny little e-brake is not intuitive at all. I can never remember if you're supposed to pull/push to engage, so I avoid it altogether.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've noticed that if I try to roll up all 4 windows at the same time, sometimes the front passenger window will just stop half way up
ditto. I do the back then the front now

Reactions: R11

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree and feel that (once my Bronco is delivered) it will be the best vehicle for my needs. I also agree that the parking brake should be moved--in the center console like we would expect. Would love to have a pull-brake that I can feel and hear when it is engaged. That tiny little e-brake is not intuitive at all. I can never remember if you're supposed to pull/push to engage, so I avoid it altogether.
I couldn’t remember for like a week, but then, like most things practiced, it became second nature.

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The placement of the speedometer is terrible. It is almost completely blocked if you drive with your left hand in the 10 o'clock position. It also only has the speed listed in km, not km and miles like almost every other car sold in Canada since the mid-1970's.
You do realize that there is a setting where you can change it from just kmh to mph right?

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well I’ll be taking mine to the beach a lot. My fear is that it will attract too much attention from girls in bikinis
Stay strong!
Sponsored