Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One issue is that at times the ambient lighting will set to all the way dim even though I keep it at max. The last issue is when I’m on the highway air is being pushed through the vents like the blower is on high speed even at speed one. I think it has to do with an issue with the cowl.
Sponsored

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My previous KO2s were rock slingers as well. I prefer my falken wildpeak at3ws.
That may be a good option. I have put over 150,000 miles on 3 sets of KO2’s on my F150 and rarely remember seeing rocks stuck in the tread. I could go pick half a dozen out of each tire on the Bronco right now. Same roads, same driveway. This tread design is more prone than most I’ve experienced to captor pea sized rocks, so I’m going with what I know.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
HARDTOP CLICKING IS FUCKING KILLING ME

First Edition 4 Door. That drove me bonkers, too.

Easy to fix though.
Get some anti-vibration foam. You don't need much. I reused some foam that came with a license plate frame.
The two outer guide-pins on the rear side latches on the front panels go into holes in a metal bracket. That's where the rattle comes from due to body/top flex.

Borrowing part of an image from @GearShade, this is the hole you are looking for:
Ford Bronco Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!? 1639716728908

Install the foam in a way that it covers the inner edge of the hole so the pin hits foam as things flex. Mine has been silent ever since.

As for my other quirks:
1. Android issues = If I place a call, it works perfect. If I receive a call and answer, it doesn't switch audio to the vehicle and my phone won't let me change it. I have to hold the phone up to my ear. It does this with 2 Android 10 phones.
2. My 2nd issue is related to a specific app. But the vendor is working on it (its a navigation app that I use for work - it works perfect on Sync 3, just does weird things on Sync 4).

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The steering wheel controls don't have a "pause" button (for podcasts, audible, etc.)

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a complaint, but a surprise "quirk". Maybe even an engineered "let's do this so they can cleanly do this later on" thing:

The backs of the tabs that hold the grille on have an open slot at the base. This allows you to route wiring through there cleanly from one end to the other if you install Raptor-style lights or whatever there in the grille area. Keeps the wiring nice and tucked, well-routed so it doesn't sag and become visible through the grille slots.
I found this to be more impressive than I probably should have. Kudos to whoever in the design team came up with that. It may not have been the intended purpose, or it very well may have been. Either way, it's as handy as handles on a box.

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First Edition 4 Door. That drove me bonkers, too.

Easy to fix though.
Get some anti-vibration foam. You don't need much. I reused some foam that came with a license plate frame.
The two outer guide-pins on the rear side latches on the front panels go into holes in a metal bracket. That's where the rattle comes from due to body/top flex.

Borrowing part of an image from @GearShade, this is the hole you are looking for:

Install the foam in a way that it covers the inner edge of the hole so the pin hits foam as things flex. Mine has been silent ever since.

As for my other quirks:
1. Android issues = If I place a call, it works perfect. If I receive a call and answer, it doesn't switch audio to the vehicle and my phone won't let me change it. I have to hold the phone up to my ear. It does this with 2 Android 10 phones.
2. My 2nd issue is related to a specific app. But the vendor is working on it (its a navigation app that I use for work - it works perfect on Sync 3, just does weird things on Sync 4).
YOURE THE MAN, THANK YOU

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interior lighting is lacking.
Sasquatch and 35’s is too high for my mom and dog.
Talking to a lot of strangers everything I stop. So far I haven’t been kidnapped.

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whenever I drop my kids off at school and they get out, it sets off the seatbelt alarm. Also if one of them puts their backpack in the middle of the backseat it sets off the seatbelt alarm.
The remote start turns on the rear defroster even though it it is a soft top. You'd think when it was plugged into the holding receptacle it would know not to do that.
The double-honk is annoying as hell. I'm hesitant to leave a garage door opener in the vehicle because of the soft top, so I am constantly forgetting to close the garage door until I am about to drive off, so I have to get out to close the garage door. Which is fine, but then the damn thing starts honking at me.
The no rear cupholders is just stupid.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's also near 5000 LBS which is more than that VW.
I've been trying to figure this out based solely on test drives. Is it mushy brakes, or just more weight than I'm used to. Considered a brake upgrade.

Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I get a text, and I'm on the Audio page, I get no alerts on that page. Have to switch to Android page and then hit the "read aloud" button or whatever. Why can't I get an alert ANYWHERE in ANY YMMV though I guess :)
Cant speak to the sync system yet, but using Android Auto with Uconnect, I almost never have it on any screen that isn't Android Auto. Easily switch between the different apps, and anything not on the screen I can control with hard buttons.

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got my Bronco last week. The app allows me to remote start, but my key fobs don't anymore. Every once in a while it will flash a light as it's trying, but it won't start from the fobs. They even blink red showing there's an error.

JGayler911

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think my biggest quirk is that lip that hangs from the dash out over the center stack droops down blocking my view of the clock on the display when I put my seat right where I want it and where I feel most comfortable. Of course I could either scoot my seat back or lower it a touch, but I should not need to sacrifice my comfort for that. So I just live with not being able to see what time it is.
wait... oh shiaat, there is a clock there!

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Could be a Bronco quirk or uninformed user, but the clock on the display does not keep time. It seems to loose time when I park in an underground parking deck. I have to reset the clock daily. However, I really have not had the time to investigate the cause, so this may be on the user and not the Bronco's quirkiness.

JGayler911

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This has been a problem on a lot of Ford vehicles that went to the rotary dial to select lights. I still tag the dial in the Navigator with my knee when I get in on a regular basis, and I too get some grief from the wife for messing with her lights.

when in doubt, blame the wife =) me two
Sponsored