Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It opens and holds at 45, 90 and 120 degrees. Under 45 and there is closing pressure on the strut. In between the other positions, there is opening pressure. Beautiful!
Never noticed that. Have to try it, nice...đź‘Ť
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Haha agreed! It’s not like it’s that serious and it’s totally the shortness of the window. I guess as long as you get your “Cali lean on” to see underneath them, they’re just fine. If I can’t think of anything else for my list, it’s a good problem to have.

4DE6C5CF-1F01-43B8-8ADE-19253D33C1AA.jpeg

3DE41E06-5EBB-47E0-BB9E-194E5FE1077A.jpeg
That's ridiculously funny!!! I haven't touched my visors yet.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whenever I drop my kids off at school and they get out, it sets off the seatbelt alarm. Also if one of them puts their backpack in the middle of the backseat it sets off the seatbelt alarm.
The remote start turns on the rear defroster even though it it is a soft top.
the seat belt warning is annoying, you'd think the truck would know that nobody is sitting there anymore and clear it by itself, but it won't. Have to hit "ok" on the wheel. I'll see about disabling that.
I believe the rear defroster is also the same button for the heated mirrors? Then it would make sense to come on. A bit odd, but...

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll start by saying I LOVE my Bronco. The only real complaint I'd have so far is the wireless charger for the phone in the Lux Package. As expected, the phone slides around in the compartment and so it doesn't charge. It's been a completely useless feature for me.
Agree... plus when linked to the truck and using Waze it overheats and stops charging.

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got my Bronco last week. The app allows me to remote start, but my key fobs don't anymore. Every once in a while it will flash a light as it's trying, but it won't start from the fobs. They even blink red showing there's an error.
Have you tried hitting the door lock button on the key fob immediately before hitting the remote start button? I couldn't get mine to work until I started doing that. My other cars the remote start button would also lock the doors automatically as part of starting.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have noticed that even if it doesn't even move the charging will stop. Have no idea why. I even did a little experiment in the garage. It started charging and in a bit just stopped.
For me it stops charging bcuz it gets hot.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you tried hitting the door lock button on the key fob immediately before hitting the remote start button? I couldn't get mine to work until I started doing that. My other cars the remote start button would also lock the doors automatically as part of starting.
That’s Ford’s brand-wide remote start procedure, 1 x lock then 2 x remote start button on the fob. Everyone does it slightly different it seems.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't you have a cabin light on the rear roll bar cross member? I accidently found that I had to turn it on with a button in the above console by the front row overhead light buttons.
Oh, is that what that button does? I was pushing it over and over trying to figure out what it does.

JRod Ford

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That Worked!! Thank you!
That's so strange, but it worked every time I've done it now.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also found out the hard way. Remote start from the FOB doesn't work unless you double click the lock button and hear the horn first. Never saw that mentioned anywhere, not even in the manual.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha agreed! It’s not like it’s that serious and it’s totally the shortness of the window. I guess as long as you get your “Cali lean on” to see underneath them, they’re just fine. If I can’t think of anything else for my list, it’s a good problem to have.

4DE6C5CF-1F01-43B8-8ADE-19253D33C1AA.jpeg

3DE41E06-5EBB-47E0-BB9E-194E5FE1077A.jpeg
That's ridiculously funny!!! I haven't touched my visors yet.
Actually, I think the idea is to provide better sun protection when the visor is used on the side windows. Just angle the visor where you need it for the front instead of having it vertical. YMMV :cool:

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Must. Get. Bigger. Tires.
True, and that's in the plan once they're back in stock. Regardless, if you're on 33s or 37s these crossmembers are the first thing to hit as you break over step obstacles with the front tires.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2015-2017 Mustang audio controls were on the right, 2018+ are on the left. This took some getting used to when I got my 2020 after owning a 2017.
Oh that's weird that they swapped the controls! Yeah, mine is an '18.

Don’t have a Ford to try it yet, but on my GM vehicles with the fob if you leave the driver’s door open it won’t do the double honk…must think you are coming right back. Not ideal if it raining or very cold, but it prevents the honk of the horn. Might be worth a try on the Bronco.
You can either take the key out of your pocket.

OR, since I know the horn honks with the door closing, if I don't want it to honk, I push the door almost closed, but not latching so it's just cracked open a bit.
Sponsored