Sponsored

Bronco's unexpected quirks. What'cha got!?

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll look more into it at lunch.

Another, someone might have mentioned but... the gear selector on the console isn't illuminated.
It wasn't in my '18 Escape, either. Wasn't a fan of that, still not. But at least it's clearer and easier to see on the dash in the Bronco than the Escape.
Sponsored

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My seats and rear defrost are on when I remote start (I don't have heated steering wheel). I also haven't dug into it much. I know it isn't using the last settings, which is one of the options.
Theres a few settings in regards to auto start somewhere in the radio menu. Forgot where I saw them but happy my seats DONT turn on, I hate heated seats.

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My OBX whistles anytime it goes above 70 mph lol

OutOfOffice

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It wasn't in my '18 Escape, either. Wasn't a fan of that, still not. But at least it's clearer and easier to see on the dash in the Bronco than the Escape.
I mentioned this as well…I read that maybe it happens when it’s cold out but It seemed to happen even when it was a 55 degree day in NY recently so not sure that makes sense either?

OutOfOffice

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How about opening the doors when your side view mirrors are folded in- why didn’t they put some kind of mechanism in place to push the mirrors out (bc if you forget you’ll hit your front door windows against the mirrors).

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

-Had some weird text notifications happen when my phone is connected. If I get a text, it'll just randomly throw out a name in my contact list and say I got two texts instead of one. When I look at my phone, there's only one text from a completely different number. It's not just my phone either, did it when my wife's phone was connected as well, saying she got a text from an ex...I knew exactly what was going on but you should've seen her scrambling to clear up this unexpected turn of events :ROFLMAO: I've since disabled all text and call connectivity.

-Side mirrors with dark color vehicles have a reflection on the door side of the housing, so when you catch a reflection from the other side of the road (signs or whatever) it can appear that someone is passing you with considerable speed, making you look all around for whatever vehicle you thought you saw in the mirror. Could probably be fixed with some matte vinyl just on the inside portion.

-Front seats in 2dr sometimes won't go back to original positions if rear passengers don't push the seat all the way forward, or something. I'm not sure what exactly causes it, I just know that it'll be in an odd position after putting the seat back down. Is it a quirk? Is it user error? Defect? The Bronco is a mysterious creature indeed.

-Standard drop height trailer hitches are too close to the bottom of the spare tire (sasquatch) to clear the trailer's latch. It requires the tailgate to be opened before you can secure the trailer. Sucks because my trailer is level at that height and I don't want it nosediving in order to secure it without opening the tailgate.

-Cleaning door windows. I wasn't expecting to have to get in and close the door to clean that bottom half inch.

-You can't really see how much wiper fluid you need to keep adding until it almost overflows. The reservoir is shy and hides inside the quarter panel most days.

-No, my hands really are on the steering wheel and I'm actively driving, but now I'm going to sit on my hands and make you drive yourself out of spite.

-Everything Is Off-Limits When You're Driving For Your Own Safety™

-What's that weird plastic hangy down flappy thing in front of the rear tires for?

-Why does my Bronco have a female urination device in the jack storage area?

Also, I can't be the only one that clicks the gear shifter lock button at a red light like a pen to annoy my passengers. It seems irrationally tactile.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

-Had some weird text notifications happen when my phone is connected. If I get a text, it'll just randomly throw out a name in my contact list and say I got two texts instead of one. When I look at my phone, there's only one text from a completely different number. It's not just my phone either, did it when my wife's phone was connected as well, saying she got a text from an ex...I knew exactly what was going on but you should've seen her scrambling to clear up this unexpected turn of events :ROFLMAO: I've since disabled all text and call connectivity.

-Side mirrors with dark color vehicles have a reflection on the door side of the housing, so when you catch a reflection from the other side of the road (signs or whatever) it can appear that someone is passing you with considerable speed, making you look all around for whatever vehicle you thought you saw in the mirror. Could probably be fixed with some matte vinyl just on the inside portion.

-Front seats in 2dr sometimes won't go back to original positions if rear passengers don't push the seat all the way forward, or something. I'm not sure what exactly causes it, I just know that it'll be in an odd position after putting the seat back down. Is it a quirk? Is it user error? Defect? The Bronco is a mysterious creature indeed.

-Standard drop height trailer hitches are too close to the bottom of the spare tire (sasquatch) to clear the trailer's latch. It requires the tailgate to be opened before you can secure the trailer. Sucks because my trailer is level at that height and I don't want it nosediving in order to secure it without opening the tailgate.

-Cleaning door windows. I wasn't expecting to have to get in and close the door to clean that bottom half inch.

-You can't really see how much wiper fluid you need to keep adding until it almost overflows. The reservoir is shy and hides inside the quarter panel most days.

-No, my hands really are on the steering wheel and I'm actively driving, but now I'm going to sit on my hands and make you drive yourself out of spite.

-Everything Is Off-Limits When You're Driving For Your Own Safety™

-What's that weird plastic hangy down flappy thing in front of the rear tires for?

-Why does my Bronco have a female urination device in the jack storage area?

Also, I can't be the only one that clicks the gear shifter lock button at a red light like a pen to annoy my passengers. It seems irrationally tactile.
To put in the capless filler should you need to fill it with a portable can rather than a fuel nozzle.

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone else having people tell them they are hard to hear when speaking on bluetooth? Is there a way to increase microphone sensitivity?

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

blower motor is very weak, very little heat or ac going to the floor vents
agree, also hate that a-pillar vent is constantly blasting no matter the setting its on

Sponsored

Frangiepod

Badlands
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a fan of the AC deciding it just wants to add fresh air. Sucks to get a cab full of diesel fumes 5min after hitting the recirculate button. New Jersey to Florida I must have pressed that button 75 times 😳
Couldn’t agree more!

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 12" screen....
Whenever you select a different screen on the main window, the side panel reverts to the factory nav screen 🤷
Just stay on the screen I chose!!

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most troubling quirk: the driver seat in my 2 door gets stuck in the forward position when slid forward. The bar refuses to lift so I can’t slide it back. Takes two hands and way more than a reasonable amount of effort and time to get it to return to a driving position. Hope I never need to get back in quickly after letting someone in back! (I’ll be seeing what the dealership can do about this as it’s likely an issue with a latch under the seat)
Old club Cherokee did this, albeit on the back end of the seat travel. Ever so slight misalignment between the seat stop and the 'pins' that dropped down when the bar comes down. If you managed to lock the seat down in that spot, it was time to hire Yao Ming to get you home.

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

maybe from the side mirrors? There's a remedy for that if you search here, I think might even be a replacement cap from Ford, can't remember. I don't have the musical mirrors so din't really pay much attention to those threads, but you should find info for that in the forum.
Yes I have it too but I think the fix only applies to certain build dates
Sponsored