First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just returned from my first face-to-face with the new Bronco. Reaction: Knocked My Socks Off!

For months I have studied the Bronco pictures, videos, and text. In many ways my mind’s eye felt a face-to-face would not add any new information. What was I trying to accomplish? As I attempted to answer that question, seeing it in person became essential for understanding what the Ford designers had achieved. I also wanted to experience a first-hand reaction knowing my intended use. In other words, would I want to take this truck on off-road adventures. Answer: Absolutely!

Although I saw two Broncos, the Black Diamond in Antimatter Blue (Stunning!) and a Badlands in Iconic Silver (Flawless), I focused on the Badlands.

Like many of us, I had my “list” for what I wanted to accomplish. I forced myself to distill the list down to three items.
  • Sense for interior dimensions as experienced in the driver’s seat.
  • Initial reaction to the look and feel of interior finishes.
  • Reaction to the BL optional wheels with BGF KO2s when compared to the Sasquatch.
I was not seeking “Biggest and Best” I was measuring my reaction when compared to the question, “Would I enjoy taking this truck on Black Bear Pass in Colorado. For me, the answer was, YES!

Final comment: Do not pass up an opportunity to get face-to-face with the new Bronco. Although you may feel you know all there is to know, you will discover what it feels like to merge the brain and heart into a unified reaction.

Ford Bronco Broncos Visit New Hampshire. Bronco in NH
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was your initial thoughts on the BL with the optional wheel set ? Like them ? Underwhelmed?

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have my appointment for the (only) Vermont showing on Thursday - likely the same two units. Works for me seeing my order is a WT in AMB . . . I'd love a realm life look at the sandstone leather but at this point I am accepting it - will be nice to see the blue though and just stand next to it!! Thank you for sharing!

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just returned from my first face-to-face with the new Bronco. Reaction: Knocked My Socks Off!

For months I have studied the Bronco pictures, videos, and text. In many ways my mind’s eye felt a face-to-face would not add any new information. What was I trying to accomplish? As I attempted to answer that question, seeing it in person became essential for understanding what the Ford designers had achieved. I also wanted to experience a first-hand reaction knowing my intended use. In other words, would I want to take this truck on off-road adventures. Answer: Absolutely!

Although I saw two Broncos, the Black Diamond in Antimatter Blue (Stunning!) and a Badlands in Iconic Silver (Flawless), I focused on the Badlands.

Like many of us, I had my “list” for what I wanted to accomplish. I forced myself to distill the list down to three items.
  • Reaction to the BL optional wheels with BGF KO2s when compared to the Sasquatch.
I was not seeking “Biggest and Best” I was measuring my reaction when compared to the question, “Would I enjoy taking this truck on Black Bear Pass in Colorado. For me, the answer was, YES!

Final comment: Do not pass up an opportunity to get face-to-face with the new Bronco. Although you may feel you know all there is to know, you will discover what it feels like to merge the brain and heart into a unified reaction.

I'm pretty sure those were the same two I saw on Saturday. I was also impressed though I had higher expectations for Antimatter Blue. The folks working there said I was one of the first to say that. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What was your initial thoughts on the BL with the optional wheel set ? Like them ? Underwhelmed?
I absolutely love the BL optional wheels as well as the BFG KO2s. I felt they looked amazing. The best part of the visit was being able to compare the 33s with the 35s on the Black Diamond.

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I absolutely love the BL optional wheels as well as the BFG KO2s. I felt they looked amazing. The best part of the visit was being able to compare the 33s with the 35s on the Black Diamond.
I got the squatch, and I know it's already been mentioned but the 33s looked really good

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting. Really appreciate the feedback on real life encounters. Regarding tires, I could not decide on 33" vs 35" so I've got 34" (305/70) and black +25mm offset wheels on order since I don't like the squatch wheels much :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for posting. Really appreciate the feedback on real life encounters. Regarding tires, I could not decide on 33" vs 35" so I've got 34" (305/70) and +25mm black wheels on order since I don't like the squatch wheels much :)
I am sure you will be happy with your decision. A wise person once said, “If you do not look back at your truck after you park it and walk away, you are driving the wrong truck”. I sense you will be admiring your truck.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I am headed to the Portsmouth event, as I type this. I went to the Stoneham event, Saturday, but I forgot to check some things I had planned to look at.

One thing I can say is that antone expecting luxury, even with the Lux package, will be disappointed. I didn't, and I wasn't.

When we got to Stoneham, I climbed out of my 2018 F150 King Ranch, checked in, and walked over to the AMB BD Sasquatch. The difference between the KR and Bronco was like the difference between palatial living and cabin living. All those mall crawling mom's and momma's boys are going to be saddened by the lack of ammenities. It's very utilitarian. Folks in this category should cancel their reservations/orders, now.

As for me, I love it! I can't wait to climb in my own BL Sasquatch.

Also, AMB is now my second favorite color. It looks damned good, on the four-door Bronco.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

What did you think on 33's vs 35's ?

Sponsored
OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What did you think on 33's vs 35's ?
I have ordered the BL optional wheels with the BFG KO2 33s for my 2-door. I am very happy with that decision!

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I saw the same trucks in MA on Saturday. The optional wheels looked fantastic. If there wasn't a Sasquatch sitting next to it, I'd have been thrilled with the 285/70-17s. (or 32.7s, ha)

Those 32s would look even better on a 2 door. Since the badlands already gives you a locking rear diff and the higher end shocks, I'd seriously consider skipping the Sasquatch on a 2 door badlands. (I think it only adds like $1800 for the larger tires, slight lift and locking front diff)

I REALLY liked the antimatter blue. Its a deep gorgeous blue in the sun and almost black in the shade.

That would be my color except for 2 things.
1) I'm smitten with Cactus grey with a white hardtop.
2) I have owned 3 blue cars in the last 15 years, its time to try something different.
3) Since I moved to a semi-urban area and only get to our place in NH on weekends, I never have time to wash cars. A dark car like that needs to be washed to look nice.

This is the blue one on 285s.

Ford Bronco Broncos Visit New Hampshire. 20210522_133431923_iOS

Last edited:

Alfabeast

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Giulia Q4 Sport Ti, 1983 Alfa GTV6 2.5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent write up. I was there also. My take-aways were they all look good! The MGV interior exceeds expectations with the quality of material. I thought it was going to be very boat like but it has a cool texture and finish - semi carbon fiberish. So not jet black, more gun metal black.

As for interior - I am 5' 9" and 180 but like a roomy cockpit - it felt just right. The seat height adjuster worked on an arc so as you go lower the seat reclines more. I was about 30% above the lowest and it felt like a sportscar. Raise it up and it gets more upright. The seat fit me perfect. For reference my Ford Edge seat is a lot wider so this one gave me more support. Thigh support was great. I hate short ones like in Honda SUV's.

The view out the front and looking up top off beats a Wrangler for sure.

For the tires they all look good also and I was gauging the selection of tire and trim more based on getting in/out. Slight hop into the Squatch BD they had. The 33's on the Badlands I could get my butt on the edge.

For the 2.3L manual they had, not that I am getting it, the throws felt good - the clutch was a little light but felt very smooth.

Horn sounds good too! I had to check it.

I've had 2 Wranglers before and I can't wait to get my Bronco. (A51 4-door Black Diamond, steelies, MIC top, mid pkg., 2.7 L)

IMG_4032[1].JPG

IMG_4028[1].JPG

IMG_4026[1].JPG

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not to hijack but I stopped by yesterday as well.
First time seeing them in person and I was really impressed. They're a bit bigger than I expected and the squatched Black Diamond had serious presence! I think most people will be perfectly happy with anything 33" and up as I thought the stock 33's on the Badlands looked great as well.

I found the interior a bit tighter than expected but not enough so that I wouldn't get one. Interior quality didn't feel quite on-par with the Wrangler JL but I believe these were earlier pre-production models.

Suspension components appeared to be seriously beefy, pictures really don't show how heavy duty everything is under the truck.

I got to atleast see how the manual trans shifter and clutch felt as that's what I'll be buying eventually. The shifter felt predictably "truckish" with medium length throws and little bit of slop but still precise. Clutch pedal felt easy to modulate but a little springy.

20210524_183503.jpg

20210524_183536.jpg

20210524_183641.jpg

IMG_20210524_210903_055.jpg

20210524_184402.jpg

20210524_183638.jpg

20210524_183338.jpg
Sponsored