First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to hijack but I stopped by yesterday as well.
First time seeing them in person and I was really impressed. They're a bit bigger than I expected and the squatched Black Diamond had serious presence! I think most people will be perfectly happy with anything 33" and up as I thought the stock 33's on the Badlands looked great as well.

I found the interior a bit tighter than expected but not enough so that I wouldn't get one. Interior quality didn't feel quite on-par with the Wrangler JL but I believe these were earlier pre-production models.

Suspension components appeared to be seriously beefy, pictures really don't show how heavy duty everything is under the truck.

I got to atleast see how the manual trans shifter and clutch felt as that's what I'll be buying eventually. The shifter felt predictably "truckish" with medium length throws and little bit of slop but still precise. Clutch pedal felt easy to modulate but a little springy.

20210524_183503.jpg

20210524_183536.jpg

20210524_183641.jpg

IMG_20210524_210903_055.jpg

20210524_184402.jpg

20210524_183638.jpg

20210524_183338.jpg
You are correct, the Black Diamond on 35s was stunning and a real showstopper. For some reason I began to worry about taking a truck that gorgeous out on narrow wooded trails. When I looked at the Iconic Silver, I thought that is a truck I can scratch up and enjoy each scratch. Strange, but that was my initial reaction.
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for posting. Really appreciate the feedback on real life encounters. Regarding tires, I could not decide on 33" vs 35" so I've got 34" (305/70) and black +25mm offset wheels on order since I don't like the squatch wheels much :)

Which wheels are you getting ?

JKinTX

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got the opportunity to see this and a couple others here in Houston at the auto show on Saturday. Holy hell is it a nice ride! It really does do the original Bronco the utmost respect yet brings it into the modern age. Watched the reveal last year, but were in the process of buying a Raptor so didn't make a reservation. Now, almost a year later, I wish I had so if anyone has an allocation they aren't interested in, I might be the person to talk to lol. I mean, I have ZERO idea how it rides, but from all reviews it seem to be a really solid...suv? Whatever its labeled it is awesome and I know when I get mine, its gonna have a black hood too. Looked filthy!

PS. The embossed American Flag on the auto shifter handle is a nice touch.

Ford Bronco Broncos Visit New Hampshire. IMG_1244

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I saw the same trucks in MA on Saturday. The optional wheels looked fantastic. If there wasn't a Sasquatch sitting next to it, I'd have been thrilled with the 285/70-17s. (or 32.7s, ha)

Those 32s would look even better on a 2 door. Since the badlands already gives you a locking rear diff and the higher end shocks, I'd seriously consider skipping the Sasquatch on a 2 door badlands. (I think it only adds like $1800 for the larger tires, slight lift and locking front diff)

I REALLY liked the antimatter blue. Its a deep gorgeous blue in the sun and almost black in the shade.

That would be my color except for 2 things.
1) I'm smitten with Cactus grey with a white hardtop.
2) I have owned 3 blue cars in the last 15 years, its time to try something different.
3) Since I moved to a semi-urban area and only get to our place in NH on weekends, I never have time to wash cars. A dark car like that needs to be washed to look nice.

This is the blue one on 285s.

Badlands includes the front locker. Getting the optional wheels is pretty much the same cost as going sasquash. I opted for the upgraded wheels but just may switch to sasquash for the same price.

I agree with the AMB paint, looks great when clean but not so much when dirty and they are dirty all winter up here in New England.

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the Badlands on 33's looked great. Was also impressed with the Badlands interior with the 12" screen. I've seen some comments about the interior being very "utilitarian", but that was not my take away. I switched my order today from Black Diamond/mid package to Badlands/high package. Iconic Silver looked better than expected as well! Underrated color.

Sponsored

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which wheels are you getting ?
I'm going with Icon Thrust (satin black) in 17x8.5". Was considering Black Rhinos but they don't have in +25mm or +30mm offset. I'm also getting the SAS fender flares.

B-Dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent write up. I was there also. My take-aways were they all look good! The MGV interior exceeds expectations with the quality of material. I thought it was going to be very boat like but it has a cool texture and finish - semi carbon fiberish. So not jet black, more gun metal black.

As for interior - I am 5' 9" and 180 but like a roomy cockpit - it felt just right. The seat height adjuster worked on an arc so as you go lower the seat reclines more. I was about 30% above the lowest and it felt like a sportscar. Raise it up and it gets more upright. The seat fit me perfect. For reference my Ford Edge seat is a lot wider so this one gave me more support. Thigh support was great. I hate short ones like in Honda SUV's.

The view out the front and looking up top off beats a Wrangler for sure.

For the tires they all look good also and I was gauging the selection of tire and trim more based on getting in/out. Slight hop into the Squatch BD they had. The 33's on the Badlands I could get my butt on the edge.

For the 2.3L manual they had, not that I am getting it, the throws felt good - the clutch was a little light but felt very smooth.

Horn sounds good too! I had to check it.

I've had 2 Wranglers before and I can't wait to get my Bronco. (A51 4-door Black Diamond, steelies, MIC top, mid pkg., 2.7 L)

I liked the MGV as well. I had expectations that it would be like the MGV on our boat, but it seemed much softer and supple. The rep mentioned that the MGV has held up well to all the chemicals they have been using to clean the trucks due to COVID. He said some of the other seating materials became stained by the chemicals. I ordered a 2 door Black Diamond, so I am happy with the MGV.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands includes the front locker. Getting the optional wheels is pretty much the same cost as going sasquash. I opted for the upgraded wheels but just may switch to sasquash for the same price.

I agree with the AMB paint, looks great when clean but not so much when dirty and they are dirty all winter up here in New England.
You can option just the optional BL wheels (and not MT tires) for only $995… so you can get them for about $1500 less than the full Squatch.…. But that said, the Squatch gets you not just the wider offset wheels but also the tires, and is a great deal at $2500 on the BL.

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You are correct, the Black Diamond on 35s was stunning and a real showstopper. For some reason I began to worry about taking a truck that gorgeous out on narrow wooded trails. When I looked at the Iconic Silver, I thought that is a truck I can scratch up and enjoy each scratch. Strange, but that was my initial reaction.
I definitely agree with the color. They both looked great but the Iconic Silver looked amazing in person. I definitely prefer a lighter color on the Bronco not only because it will hide trail rash better but the darker colors don't really do the subtle lines of this rig justice.

To anyone asking about the 33" vs 35" tires, the 35's fit the truck perfectly but I think most people will be happier with the 33's drivability wise. A set of small wheel spacers on the standard Badlands will go a long way I think.
Sponsored