First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone have a real-world info comparing the two covers? RainGear is half the price...same quality, etc? I don't mind paying the money for Broncover if it's worth it.
Sponsored

chris.bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 2DR 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny I have both in carts right now trying to make the same decision. Likely gonna come down to whether or not I can find a discount code for either. What I can say though is that there are already tons of happy J**p customers on RainGear, which is some comfort.

Does anyone know how small the RainGear cover packs down? The Broncover would take up a lot of room in a 2 door.

captgrumpy

Outer Banks
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 xl / 2022 Outer Banks lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Me too. I almost pulled the trigger on rain gear yesterday but Looking for more info on both. There is a huge price difference.

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had RainGear for the Wranglers (JLU) and Gladiator, they are quality covers! They pack down to roughly 12" diameter and 20" long.

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They do have sales for black friday, maybe memorial day, if you can wait.

Sponsored

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the Broncover and love it on my 2 door. It doesn't take up much space either. It's very durable.

X JBM X

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought the Rain Gear cover but haven't used it yet...

BeachTiger

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No experience with the Broncover, but I had a Rain Gear Trail cover for several years on my Jeep TJ and it was fantastic. They don't guarantee 100% waterproof due to the stitching, but it was 100% waterproof as far I could ever tell. It was the only cover (besides bikini top) that I used from spring to autumn.

Please note that the hook thingies that you use to attach the cover to the undercarriage, etc. are sturdy steel items (assuming they haven't changed their specs recently). These should last forever but be careful when covering the vehicle that you don't drag these across the paint or bang them against the body. In the case of my TJ (a trail rig) I didn't care much about scratches and would throw the cover over the Jeep in the same manner you'd spread a sheet or blanket over a bed (i.e., one man job). My suggestion would be have a helper when putting the cover on.

Ford Bronco Broncover vs RainGear Trail Cover 1684344079784

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had RainGear for the Wranglers (JLU) and Gladiator, they are quality covers! They pack down to roughly 12" diameter and 20" long.
I have the Rain gear half cover for the 4dr Bronco and it packs to about the same dimensions 12" diameter x 18" long. I am actually looking to list it to sell. Never used and still in the original box. DM me if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
thewedge

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went with the Broncover. I like the included tent pole and integrated mount point. Don't know if worth all the extra money but this vehicle seems like an endless money pit of accessories so figured "why not?"....

Sponsored

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have had the rain gear cover form my Jeep for years. I ride with the doors off all summer @ our place at the beach. I have never had a leak. Its a heavier cover and it's a bit difficult to fold up but it holds up well. Mine is at least 5 years old now.

IMG_1072.jpeg

dbeacham15

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went with the Broncover. I like the included tent pole and integrated mount point. Don't know if worth all the extra money but this vehicle seems like an endless money pit of accessories so figured "why not?"....
Curious how long it took you to receive your Broncover?? I ordered mine on April 20 and every week I get the same canned response that they are expecting mine next week or mine is next to ship etc etc. Tomorrow is week 5 since my order. I typically view that as a scam, but it seems like enough people up here have them.

OP
OP
thewedge

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious how long it took you to receive your Broncover?? I ordered mine on April 20 and every week I get the same canned response that they are expecting mine next week or mine is next to ship etc etc. Tomorrow is week 5 since my order. I typically view that as a scam, but it seems like enough people up here have them.
Just ordered Sunday so don't have any info on timeframe. My understanding is 2-4 weeks.

dbeacham15

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just ordered Sunday so don't have any info on timeframe. My understanding is 2-4 weeks.
Alright; that was my understanding as well, but I guess I'll give it another week before I contemplate a different cover and cancel the order. Was curious if others were experiencing this kind of lead time or not. Thanks

OP
OP
thewedge

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Alright; that was my understanding as well, but I guess I'll give it another week before I contemplate a different cover and cancel the order. Was curious if others were experiencing this kind of lead time or not. Thanks
I think these may be made to order and have some extra attention to detail. Or at least that's what I told myself to why I paid double the cost of the Rain Gear. LOL! Nothing happens quick with owning a Bronco.
Sponsored