HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well after a wait like everyone my 23 Badlands SAS MGV high pkg. is sort of semi special for me. My dad ordered a 1983 when we got back from overseas in Peru so I grew up with that and got it when I turned 16, sold it like a fool in 93 for a Cobra. Fast forward to now, dads passed and I ordered mine, a 2023, 40 years later and what’s special is it came in and I signed on it 3 years to the date of my dads passing 4/27. This is one I will never sell as it holds some personal value to me and my dad.

I won’t go into all the Knick knacks but the basics with a lot still planned. “BUC CRZY” is the plate she’ll have. She sports a Maxlider 4” lift, 37” Nitto’s and 17x9 Venom RX wheels with zero offset, may put some spacers for a little more poke but didn’t offer the wheel in anything but zero. She also has the Rough Country bumper lights. And some other things, the DV8 rock sliders should be here today.

we’ve had some crappy weather since it came in so not a lot of good pix yet but wanted to share mine. And yes, I know us with all black have issues lol, I am OCD.

Thanks to all in this forum for help with questions!

Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_4143

Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_4147

Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_4158

Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_0218

Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_4165

Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_4169

Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_4148

Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_4162
Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's Bronco Side
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice rig! Sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Very similar story here with my dad's Broncos from the past and then his passing before I took delivery. I think of him most times I'm driving it, he would of loved it.

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice rig! Sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Very similar story here with my dad's Broncos from the past and then his passing before I took delivery. I think of him most times I'm driving it, he would of loved it.
Thanks, I think the same thing when I'm driving mine, miss the ole fart haha.
Question for you, I see in your mods the AFE exhaust, how does it sound? I swore after putting exhaust on my 18 Ecoboost 150 I'd never do exhaust again on a 6 cyl because of the "bees in a coffee can" sound but am tempted for some reason to do that and a CAI on this build but don't want the drone driving... Thoughts?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, I miss the ole' goat.

I can't speak to the 2.7...mine is the 2.3 so even more of a challenge finding a better sound than factory. I went with the AFE 3" GT Apollo series cat-back(the model w/ muffler and resonator) based on sound bytes I found here on the forum. I was pleasantly surprised at the results...not a typical 4-banger popcorn fart sound, more of a deep euro sportscar tone...no popping at all. At certain RPM there was a slight drone but that all went away when I added the mishimoto intercooler and AFE charge pipes.

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a pedal commander on my GMC I sold, took it off and had pedal commander remap it for the bronco, holy crap what a difference. I ran the GMC in city +++ and it ran awesome, tried that in the Bronc and thought it was going to snap something it took off so quick. Lowered it to just the city setting and it is night and day difference. If anyone was wondering DO IT.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally had a no rain day since I bought it home. Few pix. DV8 sliders bout to be put on.
Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_4307

Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_4309

Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_4305

Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_4310

Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's IMG_4314

Finally had a no rain day since I bought it home. Few pix. DV8 sliders bout to be put on. IMG_4307.jpeg

IMG_4309.jpeg

IMG_4305.jpeg

IMG_4310.jpeg

IMG_4314.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

BroncoBilly22

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series & 2022 TESLA Y
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great and I love the story behind it. Can you share what spare tire support you chose and post some more photos of your suspension and why you choose to go with specifically the Maxlider 4” lift . Thanks

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like the pinup posters in the garage. Oh excellent build so far. Congratulations

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice color! When you get it off-road and flex on 37’s you’re gonna discover you’ll definitely need to mitigate some rub at the aft portion of the front wheel well (removing the big plastic block that the fender liner clips to) as well as some sawzall action on the crash bar mounting stubs. If you try and go more than around a 0 offset its going to make the fender liner rub worse so that becomes more paramount.
Ford Bronco BUC CRZY Build on 4" Lift +  37's 2AE54940-297A-49FF-B24D-49A1E24ACE42

OP
OP
HOSSMAN

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great and I love the story behind it. Can you share what spare tire support you chose and post some more photos of your suspension and why you choose to go with specifically the Maxlider 4” lift . Thanks
Thank you! I have the Rough Country tire support on the back. I like it but still figuring out how to clean and dry behind it, that would be my only complaint with it. I used a rag and my fingers the best I could and my leaf blower (I usually do that after I dry it to get the rest of the water out) but was a little tedious.

I did the Maxlider lift which is really a Zone lift with the Maxlider upper control arms because when I ordered it I had contacted Zone and others but nobody had a lift for the 23 yet that I spoke with because of some changes to some of the nuts and bolts on the kit. Also because Kris at Maxlider was so quick to call and help with questions I had on the lift, they are a great group of guys over there. The lift is a basic puck style with upper control arms but the Maxlider uppers are extremely beefy. I did put the rough country HD tie rod sleeves in just for safe keeping.
Sponsored