First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, logic me this for a sec. MOST of you, and I do mean MOST, only bought this Bronco for a look or to get attention of some kind.
Yeah .... I dropped 60K on an off-road capable truck because I wanted people to pay attention to me. If I wanted attention I would dye my hair green and maybe act out in public.

Better ways than with the vehicle I choose.

I picked a Bronco because its cool looking, is capable and isn't a Jeep. Could give two shits if it gets me attention.

Also don't like the idea of ducks or hot wheels or anything else being put on my car by possibly careless strangers dragging zippers or buttons across the paint or spilling their Lattes on my vehicle.

Not gonna get bent out of shape about it but not gonna like it much either.

A girl at work loves it when her Jeep gets ducked. Different strokes and all that.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah .... I dropped 60K on an off-road capable truck because I wanted people to pay attention to me. If I wanted attention I would dye my hair green and maybe act out in public.

Better ways than with the vehicle I choose.

I picked a Bronco because its cool looking, is capable and isn't a Jeep. Could give two shits if it gets me attention.

Also don't like the idea of ducks or hot wheels or anything else being put on my car by possibly careless strangers dragging zippers or buttons across the paint or spilling their Lattes on my vehicle.

Not gonna get bent out of shape about it but not gonna like it much either.

A girl at work loves it when her Jeep gets ducked. Different strokes and all that.
Dude, people drop much more, much, much more on vehicles to get attention and for looks, what do you think a Ferrari is all about? Or why lots of execs just have to have a 911? These jackasses can’t drive for shit; trust, I’ve done track days for over 2 decades now.

Anyway, it’s a damn off-road truck man, not your damn new Vette to valet at the country club.

Don’t get me wrong, love my Bronco, think it looks swell and all that, even get complements from the ladies even (which I wasn’t expecting, but it’s cool), but whatever.

Don’t care much about the looks of my truck, well, because it‘s a truck! A truck that I’ll drag through whatever and it’s gonna get scratches and dents on trails. She’ll be rode hard and put away crying at times, but that’s what it’s for.

Not saying that I like the ducks or whatever, but I am saying that I don’t care. I’ll take the complement and hold the occasional convo about it, because why not? There was a time when a few older guys when I was young had cool rides that I went up to and told how cool they were and how cool their cars looked. Most of these guys were friendly with me, and to this day, they’re my inspiration, it meant something to me and I’m better for it. So, if I’ve now become one of those older guys in the ride that some kid thinks is cool, or that I’m cool (I don’t think so, but whatever), then so be it man.

If you’re that cool guy with the cool ride for someone, remember that the way you treat that stranger may affect them in ways, both potentially good or bad, that you couldn’t understand in the moment, so respect that possibility.

Last edited:

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would get one of these to sit watch. But may have to look out for your interior.

Ford Bronco Bucked / Ducked how to stop it? 1678414000124

Sponsored

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you’re that cool guy with the cool ride for someone, remember that the way you treat that stranger may affect them in ways, both potentially good or bad, that you couldn’t understand in the moment, so respect that possibility.
No worries here in that respect. I'm not gonna be "stay away from my ride fool !!" if I see someone ducking me or whatever. I am generally friendly. Not really a fan but also not really gonna complain too hard. Too much of that in the world and it's not that big of a deal.
: )

But ... I take great care with my nice vehicles. I have beaters and then I have nice cars. The nice ones don't get open drinks or eaten in. If you have peeled a half melted gummy bear off the upholstery you know why !! The beaters are mechanically sound rolling dumpsters !!! I have kept the interiors of many vehicles perfect. I had a 2011 Dodge Ram that never had a snack, chip or drink inside and the interior was perfect ... carpet even looked new !! Snacks and such were at rest stops on family trips.

I know its a truck but I am going to make every effort to keep it as nice as possible which Im sure you understand. Don't even get me started on my motorcycles. Funny story .... I picked up my Monster 1200R from service a few weeks ago. They nicely cleaned the bike and then someone dripped a dime sized drop of coffee right in the middle of the white stripe. I noticed it when I got home. Wiped off of course but I was like "Really guys" :LOL:

As far as dudes with more skill than money .... terrible in the bike world. If you got money but no skill keep it at the Starbucks and away from me !!!

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

metal key chain swinging in the wind against my paint or the scuff mark left on the paint from shoving the thing between the door handle and door.
Are you seriously saying this damaged your paint? Pics? You must love the rock chips offered up by your tires. :(

Does this Badlands risk it’s paint off-road?

Does it get hand washed or go through an automatic car wash?

I’m not hassling you for babying your Bronco if that is how you choose to roll, I respect that. I’m just surprised that this stuff really damages anything.

Wish you the best with a solution.

Link1016

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badland & 2017 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you go out and buy a vehicle that also has an iconic history and following, you also buy into the tradition. Jeep waves, rubber ducks, getting punched in the shoulder when a VW Bug drives by.... and now Horse-headed rubber ducks. I also spend a lot of time in parking lots listening to old folks tell me about their 60's Bronco. I listen politely, smile and nod, and wish them a wonderful day. I look at it as a "non-deleteable" factory option. I'm not a fan of being "bucked" but when it happens, I smile and move on. Maybe one of my buddy's kids gets a new toy if I run into them before I hand it over to my wife who likes to "Buck" fellow Bronco owners. She likes to see the owner's reaction, so she never puts the duck-thing on their car. She only "Bucks" the owner in person, if she happens to see them coming or going from their Bronco.

We live in a desert town and there is a tone of other Broncos around. I would need a truck full of duck-things if we were going to leave one on every unattended Bronco I come across and I think my wife spent $35 on a small bag of them... I'm sure the fad will fade and as more Broncos make it to market - eventually it won't happen as often.

Sponsored

Tom_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 FJ40, 2011 X5D, 2019 Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been ducked a handful of times in my FJ40 the last ten years. I had no idea what was going on until I ordered a Bronco and found this site. My kids liked them and I didn't really need to worry about my 50 year old paint.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i'm also not going to wave at you but it doesn't make me a bad person.

Oh yes it does !! (sarcasm of course).

I like the wave, but it's not mandatory. I do expect a wave from any driver if I let you in the line of traffic, and death to all those folks can't observe that minimal bit of thanks

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you go out and buy a vehicle that also has an iconic history and following, you also buy into the tradition. Jeep waves, rubber ducks, getting punched in the shoulder when a VW Bug drives by.... and now Horse-headed rubber ducks. I also spend a lot of time in parking lots listening to old folks tell me about their 60's Bronco. I listen politely, smile and nod, and wish them a wonderful day. I look at it as a "non-deleteable" factory option. I'm not a fan of being "bucked" but when it happens, I smile and move on. Maybe one of my buddy's kids gets a new toy if I run into them before I hand it over to my wife who likes to "Buck" fellow Bronco owners. She likes to see the owner's reaction, so she never puts the duck-thing on their car. She only "Bucks" the owner in person, if she happens to see them coming or going from their Bronco.

We live in a desert town and there is a tone of other Broncos around. I would need a truck full of duck-things if we were going to leave one on every unattended Bronco I come across and I think my wife spent $35 on a small bag of them... I'm sure the fad will fade and as more Broncos make it to market - eventually it won't happen as often.

All true. It's funny though I've gotten a few comments at gas stations about my Bronco. But I can't go anywhere that someone doesn't comment about my old Mustang. Everybody has a story about the one they sold in 1970 and wish they had it back, or mom or dad had, or god forbid the one they wrecked.

I really expected more commentary. I think a lot of it is people just don't recognize it like an old Bronco ??

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands