Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just get a Badlands. 33 is standard and you get 90% of what Sasquatch offers in other trims. You won't miss the difference in gearing and ground clearance.
Agreed...the BL offers the majority what the SQ does...the SQ IMO is more for the lower trims to get some of the BL mechanical offerings. And most are never going to need the extreme rock crawl of the BL or even SQ or those tires.

I think Ford should be offer the 33" LT285/70R17 All-Terrain tires and clearance (if it's different then other models) as a upgrade package.
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*samsquanch

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just get a Badlands. 33 is standard and you get 90% of what Sasquatch offers in other trims. You won't miss the difference in gearing and ground clearance.
I'm trying to keep it under $40K. The Badlands is ~$13K more than the Base. Add the V-6 engine and automatic transmission, and it's getting a little too steep. Plus, I don't want a leather steering wheel or vinyl seats. I think it would be cheaper to just buy a set of tires and hope I don't have to make any expensive adjustments to the vehicle to accommodate them.

Hoping Ford realizes that a lot of people probably feel the same way.

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about the final drive that only comes with the sasquatch or I believe the 7 speed?

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I could afford a Badlands I'd skip Sasquatch. But Sasquatch might be a very cheap option on the Badlands.
If I’m reading the options right, from the Ford page, I’m stating to wonder if the “high-clearance suspension” is available “al cart”....which would then add the extra height to the Badlands without the Sasquatch. Then just do wheels and tires as you wish....

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-badlands/

Sponsored

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think you'll miss the gearing unless you plan to go to 35's later.
Thank you! So I'm a total noob here and I thought if I go with the badlands stock and decide I want to lift and add bigger tires down the road will I have to mess with the transmission anyways? Would it just be dumb to get the sasquach package and a set of 33s to use the majority of the time and when it comes time to go overlanding and such to switch to the 35s?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
35s are really not as big as everyone is imagining. I’m not saying everyone needs 35s for their trip to the city but 35s are perfectly fine tires to daily drive, off-road, travel etc on.
I’ve comfortable daily driven 37s” for years.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you! So I'm a total noob here and I thought if I go with the badlands stock and decide I want to lift and add bigger tires down the road will I have to mess with the transmission anyways? Would it just be dumb to get the sasquach package and a set of 33s to use the majority of the time and when it comes time to go overlanding and such to switch to the 35s?
I don’t think you will enjoy the truck as much with 33s, they will look tiny on a package designed to maximize tire size and your RPMs will be higher on the highway.

I honestly think your building up 35s to be bigger than they actually are.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I’m reading the options right, from the Ford page, I’m stating to wonder if the “high-clearance suspension” is available “al cart”....which would then add the extra height to the Badlands without the Sasquatch. Then just do wheels and tires as you wish....

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-badlands/
I'm wondering the same thing. I've been under the impression that the optional "high clearance suspension" is part of the samsquatch package.

Sponsored

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think you will enjoy the truck as much with 33s, they will look tiny on a package designed to maximize tire size and your RPMs will be higher on the highway.

I honestly think your building up 35s to be bigger than they actually are.
Thank you! Yeah just been watching these videos people have been posting and it just seems like everyone loves 33 all terrains and no so much love for 35 mud terrains. Just hard to know without the experience if I would be miserable in rural Virginia with 33s or with 35s on some of the tight twisty paved roads and highway.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you! Yeah just been watching these videos people have been posting and it just seems like everyone loves 33 all terrains and no so much love for 35 mud terrains. Just hard to know without the experience if I would be miserable in rural Virginia with 33s or with 35s on some of the tight twisty paved roads and highway.
A lot of it is dependent on vehicle. My truck runs 37s at stock height just fine and many are even able to squeeze on 38s with no lift or cutting. If your watching a lot of people with vehicles not designed to run over 33 then that’s going to be the majority of opinions you hear.

We’ve already seen near production ready Broncos with 37s, so 35s should well and truly be fully civilized and near boring (in the good way) to drive.

If your worried about a lot of on road driving get 35 KO2s and keep them out of the mud. If your not worried about a little bit of noise get Cooper STT Pro35s and go wild. Your off-road conditions are likely similar to mine minus my beach trips.

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think you'll miss the gearing unless you plan to go to 35's later.
That depends on your driving intentions. I want the gearing mostly for daily driving. My F150 has 3.73s and 35s. It’s not that she struggles as highway speeds, but getting near 80 and up makes he work harder than she did. When I looked at what gears to go to to help with that, it was somewhere close to 4.10s (actually between sets, so selected 4.1 based on cost....not having to change the dif etc).
With Ford offering the 4.7 it should help with 35s, or possibly up to 37s... should you choose that size, for daily driving.
Granted, I could be way off in my thinking.

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll repeat this again because there seems to be confusion in every thread on the topic:

The Squatch provides 1.2" of lift over standard suspension (trims lower than BL). If you do the math, the BL on 33s has .6" of lift and the tires are .8" shorter. The BL should have about 10.2" on ground clearance on 33s. That's also about a half inch less than a Rubicon for those keeping score.
That's not enough lift. I'll end up lifting it with 35s anyway.

I prefer a 3.5 inch lift and 35s on my jeep. It will likely be similar on a bronco.

I just don't like 4 cylinders and I'd like a 3 inch factory lift option with my manual transmission

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of it is dependent on vehicle. My truck runs 37s at stock height just fine and many are even able to squeeze on 38s with no lift or cutting. If your watching a lot of people with vehicles not designed to run over 33 then that’s going to be the majority of opinions you hear.

We’ve already seen near production ready Broncos with 37s, so 35s should well and truly be fully civilized and near boring (in the good way) to drive.

If your worried about a lot of on road driving get 35 KO2s and keep them out of the mud. If your not worried about a little bit of noise get Cooper STT Pro35s and go wild. Your off-road conditions are likely similar to mine minus my beach trips.
Thanks again! Good to know about this and thanks for the heads up on the Cooper tires as an option, definitely don't mind the road noise, used it to it with the motorcycles and cars I've owned in the past.
Sponsored