First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder how many minds would change if Squatching a BL is only like $999. I think it's gonna be a lot cheaper than some people think. Ford wants you to Squatch it. They want you to stop next to a guy in a Rubicon on 33s at a stoplight and make him envious. $1k is in jest but $1500? I could see it.

Anyway, I want the Squatch. I will be hitting the trail. Ground clearance and big tires are piece of mind. It takes a lot of stress away when cruising around less-than-easy trails with ruts and random rocks. It will be my main vehicle and I'm not worried about daily driving. There are less aggressive tires if it becomes a problem.
Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll repeat this again because there seems to be confusion in every thread on the topic:

The Squatch provides 1.2" of lift over standard suspension (trims lower than BL). If you do the math, the BL on 33s has .6" of lift and the tires are .8" shorter. The BL should have about 10.2" on ground clearance on 33s. That's also about a half inch less than a Rubicon for those keeping score.

kmonares

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now, squatching any other model other than the BL theres some advantages, shocks, larger front axle, locking front diff. Options that matter to me personally.

35's, tiny lift, larger fender flares aren't worth loosing the manual trans option for me.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now, squatching any other model other than the BL theres some advantages, shocks, larger front axle, locking front diff. Options that matter to me personally.

35's, tiny lift, larger fender flares aren't worth loosing the manual trans option for me.
Especially when two of those can be fixed relatively inexpensively and in a morning. Interested in seeing a stock BL next to a BL w/ Sasquatch. It’s been stated that the package with the most travel would most likely be the stock BL on 33’s rather than on 35’s. So sacrificing articulation for ground clearance, unless you add that 2” lift and keep the 35’s. ?

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not exactly the practical type. I don't scrape and rub tires around the city because it's practical. The squatch will happen.

That said, I saw a 4 door Jeep on 37's at the gym a few days ago. There is a point where it gets silly.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not exactly the practical type. I don't scrape and rub tires around the city because it's practical. The squatch will happen.

That said, I saw a 4 door Jeep on 37's at the gym a few days ago. There is a point where it gets silly.
I think a Bronco 4-door will look more natural with 37s than the Jeep with its narrow, Model T front end.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I caught the fever briefly. But I've kicked it. I'll not be doing any hardcore off roading. The BD I have ordered will be upgraded to 33's the day I get it. Sure I'd prefer the Badlands but with a 6K upkick in price for a lot of suspension add ons I won't utilize makes it too much money to pay to have a bronco with about 0.6 or so taller stance.

I'm dying to see any trim on 33's sitting next to a Bronco with squatch 35's. I think the 33's will still provide a nice aggressive look.

I can see myself doing a simply spring puck level kit for my bronco like I've done my last 3 Ford trucks.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll repeat this again because there seems to be confusion in every thread on the topic:

The Squatch provides 1.2" of lift over standard suspension (trims lower than BL). If you do the math, the BL on 33s has .6" of lift and the tires are .8" shorter. The BL should have about 10.2" on ground clearance on 33s. That's also about a half inch less than a Rubicon for those keeping score.
The only difference in ground clearance would be the difference in radius of the tires between BL and Sasquatch...the small lift difference isn't raising the low point (pumpkin), so has no effect, so a stock Badlands with no Sasquatch should have about 10.7"/10.8" of clearance. About 1/10 of an inch less than a Rubi on a 4 door...exact same on a 2 door....for those keeping score.

I'm not sure why a 4 door is listed with clearance of 11.5" v. the 11.6" of the 2 door, that one is hard to figure out.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure why a 4 door is listed with clearance of 11.5" v. the 11.6" of the 2 door, that one is hard to figure out.
My guess was simply due to more weight while having the same suspension setup.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Want to bring up another point to add to all the others in this good debate to Squatch or not to Squatch; cost $$$.

35" mud terrain tires cost a good bit, even more than high end performance tires. For BFG or Goodyear, we're talking $320 per tire, and that does not include mounting. Add Beadlocks and most tire shops won't touch them, only 4x4 specialty shops.

Other point is that mud terrains don't last long. You're lucky to get 35000 miles on them, this can vary.

Now, for the guys who intend to off road the Bronco, even a little or done it before, we know what we're walking into with eyes open. If this will be totally new adventure to you, it can come with a lot of shock to the wallet.

This is in addition to the aforementioned loudness and hit to daily ride comfort, although I think the stock Goodyears will be far less aggressive and more custom tuned to the Bronco suspension for on road comfort.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only difference in ground clearance would be the difference in radius of the tires between BL and Sasquatch...the small lift difference isn't raising the low point (pumpkin), so has no effect, so a stock Badlands with no Sasquatch should have about 10.7"/10.8" of clearance. About 1/10 of an inch less than a Rubi on a 4 door...exact same on a 2 door....for those keeping score.

Bigger tires will lift the Diff (pumpkin) I'd imagine, not much, but every cm counts.

A 2 door will always have a better breakover angle and clearance due to the shorter wheelbase. The central point is more compressed. It's like that with a 2 door Wrangler, or a Defender 90 which is why the 2 door configuration is the more serious for off road, while a tad less comfortable on road; again, short wheelbase, but better control.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A 2 door will always have a better breakover angle and clearance due to the shorter wheelbase. The central point is more compressed.
Obviously with break over angle, but the longer wheelbase has nothing to do with how high the low point is off the ground (clearance)...so if it's the rear diff, that is unaffected by wheelbase. it's only 1/10" difference, but it just seemed like it would be the same. Maybe the poster is correct who said it that it is the weight difference and if running the same PSI, making the tire radius drop by a tiny amount.

42green

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 Regular Cab 4x4 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was sold on the Sasquatch package initially because of it being available on the base. That is until I found out it can’t be with the manual.

Tires were part of it but I really wanted it for the lockers and suspension. The manual transmission is a must for me.

Now I’m looking at the Badlands where I’d get basically all of the Sasquatch minus the 35”s and still have the manual. Or the Black Diamond because, correct me if I’m wrong, can at least option a rear locker???

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously with break over angle, but the longer wheelbase has nothing to do with how high the low point is off the ground (clearance)...so if it's the rear diff, that is unaffected by wheelbase. it's only 1/10" difference, but it just seemed like it would be the same. Maybe the poster is correct who said it that it is the weight difference and if running the same PSI, making the tire radius drop by a tiny amount.
Breakover is clearance; keeps truck from bottoming out. You can clear the pineapple going over a big boulder with a crest, but the bottom center of the vehicle can still get stuck on the rock(s). In this instance, the tire clearance likely has protected the pineapple (diff), but a shorter wheelbase makes bottoming less likely.

Think Gladiator vs Unlimited or the 2 door. Even on 40" tires, the long wheelbase of the Gladiator may cause you to drag the middle on a tough trail. This is the exact reason why breakover angle is even published.

Those who go off road on difficult trails know and likely have either experienced or watched this happen. Not saying you haven't, but think you're just not picturing what I'm trying to articulate here, which is likely a failure on my part to properly illustrate in my writing. I'm working on this flaw.
Sponsored