First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After reading as much information on Badlands trim level, I cannot say I would want the Sasquatch package.

2-Door Badlands, 2.7, and Auto sound exactly what I'm looking for.

The Sasquatch package fever has not captured me over what the BL should be able to do right out of the box. Seems that I might lose some articulation by adding the Sasquatch package.

Lift, 35" Tires, and 4.70:1 final are not enough to convince me that the BLs will gain significantly over the 33" tires.

Am I on my own thinking this way, or did I miss something that should make a significant difference?
Does the Sasquatch package make for a better package on different trim levels?

Who else is not sold on Sasquatch (yet)?
What I would want is the cheap base trim level with the badlands suspension since they donā€™t offer that Iā€™m stuck with base Sasquatch with the shitty neutered articulation. I love the axles in the Sasquatch but donā€™t give me clearance for 35 tires and cutting the nuts off the suspension to do it. Give me a fully capable suspension and let me worry about the tires
Sponsored

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also you can get the BL with 35ā€™s. You donā€™t have to get the Sasquatch package to upgrade the tires.
You canā€™t get 35 on badlands on stock suspension from factory. Any factory offered 35 will require Sasquatch

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a jeep owner... You will notice 35s the first time someone parks next to you who has them.... And you'll wish u went for 35s.

It happens to everyone who gets 33s.

I see it a lot, and those who have 35's when they see how many trucks have them, they come in and ask to fit 37's till they find out how much $$$ it is.

We have lifted one customers truck three times in 18 months. Leveled it and put 33's, then a 4" to fit 35's, then a 6" to get 37's.

kmonares

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After reading as much information on Badlands trim level, I cannot say I would want the Sasquatch package.

2-Door Badlands, 2.7, and Auto sound exactly what I'm looking for.

The Sasquatch package fever has not captured me over what the BL should be able to do right out of the box. Seems that I might lose some articulation by adding the Sasquatch package.

Lift, 35" Tires, and 4.70:1 final are not enough to convince me that the BLs will gain significantly over the 33" tires.

Am I on my own thinking this way, or did I miss something that should make a significant difference?
Does the Sasquatch package make for a better package on different trim levels?

Who else is not sold on Sasquatch (yet)?
exactly what i was thinking. Basic Badlands is the go to model. if you choose the badlands w/Squatch to get bigger tires, small lift and you loose the manual trans....... Every other option in the squatch pkg is standard on the badlands

dave91gt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 1991 Mustang GT, 1992 Mustang LX, 2018 Wrangler JLU, 1998 Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We will be definitely going Sasquatch. This is the wifeā€™s Mopar lifted JLU with 315ā€™s. It looked very much like a street Jeep with the Sahara package. Iā€™m a fan of factory backed lifts. This one rides same as stock and has great ground clearance. For our light off-roading itā€™s perfect.
Ford Bronco Bucking the Sasquatch Fever 62546B13-023E-4A3E-ABFC-F87C548C5B8B

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why many want this. Looks over practicality. When the Wife and kids complain it rides too hard, there will be regrets.
It's also the reason we want a 5.0 and manual...

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BD has an optional beadlock wheel. You can see them on the Ford Bronco website ā€œcolor optimizer.ā€ That, I believe, is a BD on 33ā€™s, not the Sas package. Compare to fender flares, of the FE or WT and they certainly seem smaller.

Wildtrak tires still look balloon~ish. Need to compare real 35s to the stock 33s and not some CGI that might or might not be accurate.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You canā€™t get 35 on badlands on stock suspension from factory. Any factory offered 35 will require Sasquatch
The badlands suspension isnā€™t stock, it is the Standard suspension that all other packages under it say w/ Sasquatch package. But I did just see a sheet that didnā€™t say 35ā€™s available but it also had w/ Sasquatch next to it so I guess Iā€™ll go with the 33 M/Tā€™s and the manual transmission if the Sasquatch package for the badlands is overpriced.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the BD with 4.46 and immediate 33 All terrain swap. Then ready for small lift and 35s if I get the itch

Would a 2 inch lift with 33s look goofy?

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems that a lot of discussion is on tires and I had to compare the number to see what's the real difference.

Seems that the 35s get an extra 2 inches on the width, a pretty significant difference.
However, a lesser used size tire can cut that difference in half. Although I have zero knowledge of the tires and how they would sound/drive/handle on the road.

A visual... (EDIT: Corrected for standard tire, not Badlands, thanks @Wyo )

Tire Size - corrected 2.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

OrangecrushAZ

Badlands
First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Raptor, ā€˜17 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak tires still look balloon~ish. Need to compare real 35s to the stock 33s and not some CGI that might or might not be accurate.
Look at the fender flares, though. Theyā€™re smaller on the color optimizer vs the WT reserve pic

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems that a lot of discussion is on tires and I had to compare the number to see what's the real difference.

Seems that the 35s get an extra 2 inches on the width, a pretty significant difference.
However, a lesser used size tire can cut that difference in half. Although I have zero knowledge of the tires and how they would sound/drive/handle on the road.

A visual...

View attachment 17015
Not 2" as the 285/70R17 that come stock on the Badlands are around 32.8" (KO2s) some 285s are 33" like the Wildpeaks. The 315s are usually around 34.4". So maybe 1.6" 285s are a decent size tire that are also around 11.5" wide.

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not 2" as the 285/70R17 that come stock on the Badlands are around 32.8" (KO2s) some 285s are 33" like the Wildpeaks. The 315s are usually around 34.4". So maybe 1.6" 285s are a decent size tire that are also around 11.5" wide.
DOH!

Here is the real comparison between standard and Sasquatch. You're right, not much difference.

The original was between 265/70R17 tires.

Ford Bronco Bucking the Sasquatch Fever Tire Comparison - corrected

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love a big tire but as someone who plans on using their bronco as a DD Iā€™m wondering if 35s would be overkill...
I keep debating the base with the squatch or just upgrading to the Black Diamond without the Sasquatch...

what are the thoughts out there with the squatch package? I wonā€™t be doing much rock climbing, just off road, fire road stuff, Iā€™m a mountain biker and love the idea of the marine grade rubber floor stuff...
Mine would be a DD too and I reserved BD with no intention of adding Sasquatch (and that was before I learned you couldn't have it with the 7M). If you decide down the road that you wish you'd taken it then just add an aftermarket lift and bigger tires. The BD comes with rear diff locker which is all that you really need if you're not doing any serious off-roading. Not to mention the fuel economy hit that Sasquatch is sure to add.

kmonares

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The badlands suspension isnā€™t stock, it is the Standard suspension that all other packages under it say w/ Sasquatch package. But I did just see a sheet that didnā€™t say 35ā€™s available but it also had w/ Sasquatch next to it so I guess Iā€™ll go with the 33 M/Tā€™s and the manual transmission if the Sasquatch package for the badlands is overpriced.
not quite, the badlands is the squatch suspension without the lift. (Bilsteins only) If you get a BL Squatch you're only getting the lift, bigger fender flares and beadlocks wrapped with 35's.
I dont know where the info has come from yet but there are rumors floating around here stating the squatch pkg will actually have less overall travel/articulation than the non lifted suspension. Im still trying to confirm that however.

Me personally i would get the BL w/o squatch. Has all the features of the squatch in the lower models i want, and nothing else.
And i'm with you. 3 pedals or bust!!!!!!!
Sponsored