Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Breakover is clearance; keeps truck from bottoming out.
Okay, but we were discussing measured and listed "Ground Clearance", which is a measured objective spec, and has nothing to do with measured break over angle, another measured and objective spec. Two different specs. I wasn't offering commentary on which is more important and why, but they are not the same measurement, and can both be measured and listed on spec sheets, objectively. I think most people realize the difference...but they are not the same thing.
Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Want to bring up another point to add to all the others in this good debate to Squatch or not to Squatch; cost $$$.

35" mud terrain tires cost a good bit, even more than high end performance tires. For BFG or Goodyear, we're talking $320 per tire, and that does not include mounting. Add Beadlocks and most tire shops won't touch them, only 4x4 specialty shops.

Other point is that mud terrains don't last long. You're lucky to get 35000 miles on them, this can vary.

Now, for the guys who intend to off road the Bronco, even a little or done it before, we know what we're walking into with eyes open. If this will be totally new adventure to you, it can come with a lot of shock to the wallet.

This is in addition to the aforementioned loudness and hit to daily ride comfort, although I think the stock Goodyears will be far less aggressive and more custom tuned to the Bronco suspension for on road comfort.
Ford must be actively updating their build pages. As of this morning the Sasquatch package isn't shown to require an automatic transmission and - more to your point - it isn't even showing MTs. I wonder if they are going to give people a choice between mud and all terrains? That would make me very happy, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sasquatch wouldnā€™t fit into my garage next to the Ranger. Anyway ground clearance is overrated thanks to the rock rails and underbody plates!

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford must be actively updating their build pages. As of this morning the Sasquatch package isn't shown to require an automatic transmission and - more to your point - it isn't even showing MTs. I wonder if they are going to give people a choice between mud and all terrains? That would make me very happy, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Where do you see this change. The compare models pdf still shows mud terrains on Sas, as does the wildtrak info webpage.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was sold on the sasquatch till I found out you canā€™t have it with manual transmission. if Iā€™m getting a vehicle like this I want manual.
I initially agreed with this, but i refuse to get the base engine(4cyl) in a toy. I donā€™t think a 4cyl (without port injection) manual 4dr will be enough for me

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are not on your own, the Sasquatch package fever has not captured me either. I'm going with the non-Sasquatch Badlands. The one thing I need to see when the price configurator comes out is how much the 2.7/10sp adds to the Badlands, I want the sway bar disconnect but I probably will never use it, unless stuck.

On the other hand, depending on price, I may upgrade to the Wildtrak so I can have cloth seats. I don't want leather or vinyl without perforations in the Texas heat and humility. If I end up with the Wildtrak, I will swap out the Sasquatch 35" M/T tires for 33" A/T tires for a better DD ride and put the smaller, non-Sasquatch fender flares on.
You are right about tire size and fender flares. I reserved a Wildtrak, but the more I look at the larger fender flares the more I dislike them.

I currently own a 2 door JK with 285x70x17 KO2 with a Teraflex spring leveling kit and Falcon shocks. Stock tires on this model Jeep were 16x255. The jeep now sits up and level with just a little of tire extension beyond the fenders. It looks great like this. Whenever you lift from stock with tires or suspension bits you do get a little more wander so caster set up can be an issue. 35's on Wildtrak size wise no big deal and may improve tracking on highway as more rubber on the road with a wider stance (and suspension set up from factory).

But those larger fender flares to accomodate the 315's are ugly. I may change to OuterBanks and see if I can get the Badlands wheels and tires as the stock OB tire/wheel set up too small for my liking as well. Whatever.

All of this is of course ignoring other 4 wheel drive capabilities but as my Jeep is 95% on road use to get to light trails that would be good for me.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

...My current truck rides on 38x13.5x22's...
Please show a picture of your brodozer. I normally donā€™t like 22s but sidewall will be decent with a 38.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am trying to Buck the Sasquatch fever, but ford is making it impossible for me to spec out a Bronco without it. I want 33's with both sport and Baja mode. Also want leather, the big screen navigation, B&O sound system, adaptive cruise control, and carpet. Though no matter what I try the only model I can get those is the Wildtrak, but that forces me into Sasquatch. Please Please Please Ford offer the Wildtrak with 33's

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am trying to Buck the Sasquatch fever, but ford is making it impossible for me to spec out a Bronco without it. I want 33's with both sport and Baja mode. Also want leather, the big screen navigation, B&O sound system, adaptive cruise control, and carpet. Though no matter what I try the only model I can get those is the Wildtrak, but that forces me into Sasquatch. Please Please Please Ford offer the Wildtrak with 33's
And smaller plastic fenders!

Sponsored

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
B&P canā€™t come soon enough. I want the base mt with lockers and front axle and the 2 inch lift. That might price out to more than squatch. Who knows.

I do know, as bad as I want the manual, since ford already expresses a low level of confidence in the trans, Iā€™m thinkin maybe I should avoid it anyway.

Deleted member

Let's assume the Sasquatch package is the best way (most cost effective) to get front and rear lockers, the upgraded front axle, and the upgraded suspension.

What would be the downside to changing the 35's to 33's if you found the 35's to be too much?

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After owning trucks and Wrangler with 35's and 37's, on the Bronco 2-door its 33's for me also.

It is the sweet spot of on-road performance and everyday drivability with plenty of off-road capability for my use through past experience.

Especially on a short wheelbase 2-door.

So base with 2.7EB was my plan.. But I do want a locker in the rear (no need in the front) and it appears that is not a stand alone option on the base.

Hopefully that changes..

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I almost hope you are wrong. I didn't feel I was missing out since I am getting a Manual no matter what but if the Sasquatch is available on the Manual Transmission and can come with ATs my whole plan could change.
Oh, my plan changes daily. If I'm right, I will probably go with the 2-door Basquatch, black roof on Antimatter Blue. Was looking at Velocity Blue but it reminds me too much of the FJ Cruiser - especially if they offer it with a white roof.

I have this weird idea that Ford wants as many 'Squashed vehicles on the road as they can get as early as possible because they look so freaking cool and will drive up demand. So maybe a lower price than we're all expecting? On the other hand, maybe the price is going to be a lot higher so they're going out of their way to make it more attractive to more buyers by dropping the auto requirement and MT-only tire option. Who knows.
Sponsored