Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you park in a parking garage or your home garage has a low door, you may want to find out the height of a Sasquatch bronco before you buy one. I know some superduty 4x4 owners who can't fit their stock trucks in their garages. A lot of the full size trucks with 5" lifts and 35s come close to scraping their roofs on home garage doors depending on the slope of the ground leading up to the opening.
Sponsored

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Let's assume the Sasquatch package is the best way (most cost effective) to get front and rear lockers, the upgraded front axle, and the upgraded suspension.

What would be the downside to changing the 35's to 33's if you found the 35's to be too much?
I have had lifted Broncos before, so for a daily driver 33's will make it a lot easier to get in and out all the time. 33 will also take less power to spin making it quicker on the street, and being a little lower will make it handle a little better, It will still have plenty of off road capability with 33's. I don't know if I will ever really need lockers front and rear, but nice to know they are there if I ever get into a situation where they are needed. Plus if I ever try to sell it privately having them will make it more desirable to potential buyers. If I got the Sasquatch the 4:70 gears would be to much for 33's Maybe it would be fun off the line, but not so fun on the highway

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you park in a parking garage or your home garage has a low door, you may want to find out the height of a Sasquatch bronco before you buy one. I know some superduty 4x4 owners who can't fit their stock trucks in their garages. A lot of the full size trucks with 5" lifts and 35s come close to scraping their roofs on home garage doors depending on the slope of the ground leading up to the opening.
Someone actually measured it and posted a photo here a while back - I want to say 78" maybe? Whatever it was, I measured my garage to make sure it would fit (it does) but I have a steeply graded driveway leading up to the door, so I am concerned about that. Will have to get all the dimensions at some point and do the math. Geometry. I knew it would come in handy one day.

Hoping they offer 33s as an option - especially for the 2-door. Someone else mentioned the short wheelbase and I was thinking the same thing...how stable is this going to be? Colorado winds get pretty bad.

EDIT: Here it is: 75" to the roofline and another inch with a rack: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...lands-sasquatch-comparison-chart.2762/page-10

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After owning trucks and Wrangler with 35's and 37's, on the Bronco 2-door its 33's for me also.

It is the sweet spot of on-road performance and everyday drivability with plenty of off-road capability for my use through past experience.

Hopefully that changes..
My feelings as well, 33's are the sweet spot for every day life
Ford says Sasquatch is available on all models, so why force it on the Wildtrak

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd almost pay an ADM for a Man-Squatch. Ford needs to have it as an option just for the PR from "Man-Squatch".

Ford really delivered on the design language and the fun of a manual in a Bronco isn't really improved by the V6 since it's not a stoplight racer, but the moniker is too good to be another victim of automatic transmission-gatekeeping.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Splash some 35s on the Bronco and my significant other is going to want running boards to get in. I have not seen an option for running boards that I like yet. Most of the photos show the Broncos with no boards.
My JT on 33s is about as high as my 5'7" wife can tolerate without assistance.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I like the BD with 4.46 and immediate 33 All terrain swap. Then ready for small lift and 35s if I get the itch

Would a 2 inch lift with 33s look goofy?
It depends on what you define goofy as. Sure stuffing the wheel wells with 35s or 37s looks cool, but if you really want articulation those 33s may allow more.

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Perhaps you will jump the curb at your local Target and then park up on the top of Berm after you go straight over a 10 inch deep pot hole on the way there.

Then it would not be overkill.

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading as much information on Badlands trim level, I cannot say I would want the Sasquatch package.

2-Door Badlands, 2.7, and Auto sound exactly what I'm looking for.

The Sasquatch package fever has not captured me over what the BL should be able to do right out of the box. Seems that I might lose some articulation by adding the Sasquatch package.

Lift, 35" Tires, and 4.70:1 final are not enough to convince me that the BLs will gain significantly over the 33" tires.

Am I on my own thinking this way, or did I miss something that should make a significant difference?
Does the Sasquatch package make for a better package on different trim levels?

Who else is not sold on Sasquatch (yet)?
I was sold on the Sasquatch, but after reading more about the Badlands this weekend I don't know if it is necessary on this trim level. The Sasquatch package really looks cool but I think people need to be realistic about how much time they will be spending off road.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was sold on the Sasquatch, but after reading more about the Badlands this weekend I don't know if it is necessary on this trim level. The Sasquatch package really looks cool but I think people need to be realistic about how much time they will be spending off road.
I am a big fan, but the Bronco just doesn't look good to me without the bigger tires.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I need an insider to get me the backspacing from the Squatch wheel, or a brave soul outside a hotel. If you run into a curious law officer, have them call me and I will vouch for you. Lug nuts look to be 3/4".

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I need an insider to get me the backspacing from the Squatch wheel, or a brave soul outside a hotel. If you run into a curious law officer, have them call me and I will vouch for you. Lug nuts look to be 3/4".
And bolt pattern as well please

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the extra suspension travel of the 33s (for the higher speed fun stuff). If they worked that out to be the same on the 35s (which they've said it's not going to be) then I might look again at 35s. But on the other hand, those small fuel tanks have me concerned. I don't want to haul more than 10g max on long off-road days. Just wish we had an auxiliary tank like my old Bronco (25g or so would be awesome!).

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Perhaps you will jump the curb at your local Target and then park up on the top of Berm after you go straight over a 10 inch deep pot hole on the way there.

Then it would not be overkill.
No curb is safe.
Sponsored