First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can fix that on the newer fords with forscan...I run 35" MT tires.
Depending on the year of your son's jeep, it too can be adjusted either by a speedo gear swap if the older TJ models for example or by using a device that plugs into the obd2 port on the newer jeeps.
Aftermarket OBD II plug in devices (about $120) readily available forJeeps to adjust speedo and other misc. parameters. I don't know about Ford's but if they aren't out there now they will be.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Aftermarket OBD II plug in devices (about $120) readily available forJeeps to adjust speedo and other misc. parameters. I don't know about Ford's but if they aren't out there now they will be.
Can Ford claim you voided the warranty when you mess with the Forscan settings, like tire size?

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not a lawyer, but was a Ford Rep many years ago and resolved issues like yours at the dealer level. In my outdated humble opinion ... if a customer would modify a certain aspect of a vehicle and that certain aspect was affecting or somehow connected to a failure then yes I would have refused coverage on that, but that was a big decision and only made in the rarest of circumstances.

Jeepers routinely use OBD II scaners to adjust certain aspects of vehicle incl. the speedo to compensate for tire changes. (Check out youtube OBD II Jeep adjustments). However, again in my out of date opinion ... if you jacked your vehicle up and had driveline failures due to incorrect inclination angles or ball joint failures then that I would not authorize.

Common sense illustrates that a speedo change does not affect crank shaft bearings etc etc.

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm sure the 33" are more than ample and may be more comfortable on the road, but the thing that's keeping me more hopeful about the 35's not being as big of a deal is that it's coming from the factory. Which is great news. Ford probably knows a large portion of Bronco customers are going to go with the Sasquatch package. They know what they are doing, the car was designed with the bigger tires in mind and I'm sure they've done major testing with them on the car.

It's not like other vehicles where you have to modify the car to fit bigger tires and such. The fact that Ford is more than willing to sell them with 35's gives me more confidence that the difference between the 33's and 35's won't be as drastic as it may seem. (y)

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure the 33" are more than ample and may be more comfortable on the road, but the thing that's keeping me more hopeful about the 35's not being as big of a deal is that it's coming from the factory. Which is great news. Ford probably knows a large portion of Bronco customers are going to go with the Sasquatch package. They know what they are doing, the car was designed with the bigger tires in mind and I'm sure they've done major testing with them on the car.

It's not like other vehicles where you have to modify the car to fit bigger tires and such. The fact that Ford is more than willing to sell them with 35's gives me more confidence that the difference between the 33's and 35's won't be as drastic as it may seem. (y)
I've been mulling over this and came to the same conclusion. They may have underestimated the popularity of the Sasquatch package and its appeal to people who aren't just off-roading but also want a vehicle they can drive fast, safely, on a highway. In Colorado, I might drive hundreds of miles on pavement just to get to a place where the clearance, suspension, and big tires really come in handy, and I'm not going to tow it all that way. I think that's why they removed the "MT" label from that package - to let people know this will be possible.

I was still worried about the size, but I don't think they would put a tire on that they know would cause serious problems for the average buyer. That would be a PR nightmare. And yes, since it's coming from the factory, all the parts and pieces should work nicely together.

I know very little about tires but my common sense is finally starting to kick in!

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve run 35” tires for almost a decade with no issues. In fact, the times I’ve had to drive through mud and snow has proven to me the 35s were a good choice. Being able to get it from the factors means it’s set up and ready the day I pick it up. I don’t have to chase down any hidden issues. So that piece of mind is why I’m getting whatever I order Squatched.

Sunchaser99

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

There may be a lot of truth to this. If this gets verified via reviews and test drives than I’m all in.

Sunchaser99

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more and more I see Sasquatch the more and more I cannot say no to it. There is absolutely no rationale to having those massive tires except that it looks fantastic and it doesn’t come in a jeep. With that said I don’t think it will change the overall ride quality, I feel Ford did their homework and made them as road friendly as possible.

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
can't wait for actual vehicle packages so you can see them next to one another

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm having a hard time not thinking that the Sasquatch would have helped on the Rubicon Trail for the 2-Door.
I know the 2-door made it past this obstacle at some point, but there is no video of it making it past.

Ford Bronco Bucking the Sasquatch Fever 1596633984771

BunkieDuster69

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 3.6 OB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 33" Falken Wildpeaks A/T3W on my Expedition with an E load rating and they are great on and off road. Quiet and trustworthy offroad so far. Can't say that with the KOs or Duratracs. 10 ply comes in handy in my sharp rock area!
l’ve not experienced the Wildpeaks, however, currently run K02’s A/T (D load rated) on a ‘19 3.6r Outback ... K02’s have proven superb off-road in extreme high Sierra mud, snow here in Nor Ca. Side note:The stock Bridgestone duellers (Subaru) have very soft side walls, which translate to less than optimum cornering on the road, and lacking off-road requirement in challenging elements.That being said- I’m extremely pleased with The K02’s attribute towards great (increased) cornering stability, low noise of the tires when on road. My Wife, who will have me pull over to fix a pin head from rattling in the back load during a road trip has never complained about the tires (with windows down). Personally, l’m looking forward to running 33” K02 on a Badlands 4dr. If the Sasquatch offered tire options- I’d select K02 A/T as well.

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bigger tires, especially when you have to air down are a plus. I can't run the trails that I run now without running 35s and will likely be going to 37s right away to make up for the lack if articulation in the front end.

I run a Superchips Traildash2 that allows me to program tires size as well as gearing, in addition to the performance tunes. I am hoping the 5star tuner for the Bronco affords me the same capabilities.

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after seeing all the videos of the 2-Door rocking the trails, I still do not see the need for the Sasquatch upgrade.

However, the 4-Door vehicles used all had the Sasquatch.

I think I'll save myself $2500 on the Badlands by not getting the Sasquatch.
Later, apparently, I'll get tires and rims = Sasquatch - bumpstop.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 4runner- 33s, Dirtking UCA&LCAs, 6112s, etc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
l’ve not experienced the Wildpeaks, however, currently run K02’s A/T (D load rated) on a ‘19 3.6r Outback ... K02’s have proven superb off-road in extreme high Sierra mud, snow here in Nor Ca. Side note:The stock Bridgestone duellers (Subaru) have very soft side walls, which translate to less than optimum cornering on the road, and lacking off-road requirement in challenging elements.That being said- I’m extremely pleased with The K02’s attribute towards great (increased) cornering stability, low noise of the tires when on road. My Wife, who will have me pull over to fix a pin head from rattling in the back load during a road trip has never complained about the tires (with windows down). Personally, l’m looking forward to running 33” K02 on a Badlands 4dr. If the Sasquatch offered tire options- I’d select K02 A/T as well.
hate to break it to you, but K02s really arent great. there are much better performing tires out there, and better all arounders too.
Sponsored