Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Bronco 4door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello from Omaha, NE!
Figured I'd go ahead and get this thread started, build date for my Bronco was yesterday, so hoping for delivery by year-end. Original build-date was back in July, but the hard-top fiasco put a hold on that. I'm on the front-lines as a sales guy here so hearing customers complain is very relatable as I'm waiting for mine lol.

I'll start by saying that I never actually intended to buy a Bronco. I'm a sports car guy (Saving up for a 2020+ GT500 to replace the 2009 I got rid of a couple years ago). I stumbled across this one, as I'm in sales at a Ford dealer locally, and had a customer back out on this order several months ago after it was assigned a VIN. It's a base, 4-door, hard top, in my favorite color Ford has ever made, Iconic Silver. Honestly, the Hard-top was a big sell too, if it was a softy I'd probably have let it go(I'm a big silver fan, plan on getting the GT500 in the same color).

I was bored at work, so decided to put a lease together on the Bronco, and with 70%++ residuals, I can lease this bad boy for so cheap I couldn't say no.
With the cheap lease payment, and my first-born also expected to arrive at the end of the month, I decided to put together as cheap of a build as I could stomach. I tend to go a bit overboard with modding cars, so I'm trying to practice some self-restraint... (Last GT500 had HRE's, Air-ride, built trans, cams, etc. and put 707rwhp to the ground before I sold..)

Mods already purchased

Pro-Comp Series 46 Prodigy Wheels
Falken Wildpeak AT3W 35's
Rough Country Sliders w/ Adjustable Steps (Girlfriend can't get into our 2-Door Squatch demo at the dealer)
Rough Country 3rd-brake and Spare relocator
Zone Offroad 2" $100 puck-lift
Heritage Bronco Emblems

Audio Setup
Focal RCX-100
JL C1-650x
JL 500/1 w/ 12" W0 (Been sitting in the garage for years.. plan on making a simple box mount, and making it super easy to remove for when the top comes off)

Not really sure I'll do much beyond that at this point. I don't plan on keeping this for the full duration of the lease, as the GT500 will take precedence but who knows at this point. I live in Omaha, so there aren't any serious off-roading places nearby, but I do hope to get it down to Tuttle at some point once spring arrives. Mostly excited to be driving something new, as I've been rocking my old winter-beater since the GT500 sold. (2006 Honda Ridgeline w/ 200k miles).

Here's the sticker, and a couple photos of the old GT500, and current beater to hold anyone interested over til the Bronco gets here.

Ford Bronco Budget Base Bronco Build br.PNG

Ford Bronco Budget Base Bronco Build 13248616_10208375801185871_180074006348952625_o

(The cleanest 200k mile Ridgeline there is. No rust, and immaculate condition for a 15 year old beater)
Rocking some 30" Wildpeaks
Ford Bronco Budget Base Bronco Build 223604601_10222659301184444_5340966484109644799_n
Sponsored

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Welp, Bronco is stuck in the 12/6 build week sh*t fest. Waiting on a fuse box tray, apparently. Maybe I'll see it before February......

Got the tires mounted up though. 30" Wildpeaks on the Ridgeline for comparison :oops:
Glad I got the running boards, gilfriend would have been very unhappy otherwise.

Ford Bronco Budget Base Bronco Build brwh

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn’t realize you could do mods for a leased vehicle. Your other rides look new to me. Congratulations on your upcoming first born and your soon to be new Bronco!

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't realize they're charging additional money for hardtops now? Is that a new thing in 2022?

I ordered a base 2 door, which I already have, but my build sheet did not charge additional money for the hardtop.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't realize they're charging additional money for hardtops now? Is that a new thing in 2022?

I ordered a base 2 door, which I already have, but my build sheet did not charge additional money for the hardtop.
The hardtop is an option on 4 doors, 2 doors it is not an option that's the only way it comes.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems like you doing lot of work and money to a vehicle you are leasing , why lease when you can buy .

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Modding a lease? Do you plan on returning it to stock at turn in?
Mods just for looks or do you plan to use it? Asking as I’m not sure how a lease would work on an off road vehicle.

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, you can modify a leased vehicle. If it's something like wheels/tires/tonneau covers, etc. you can turn it back in to Ford with no issues. If you're removing equipment or changing major things about the vehicle that could be seen in a negative light then you should avoid it.

As for mine, I won't be keeping the vehicle to lease end. It'll be sold or traded prior to the end of the 36 months so it doesn't really make a difference 🤷

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems like you doing lot of work and money to a vehicle you are leasing , why lease when you can buy .
I won't keep the vehicle forever, probably less than two years. Purchasing is pointless in my situation as leasing is a cheaper monthly payment, less sales tax out of pocket, and the payoff is no different than it would be on a purchase.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I won't keep the vehicle forever, probably less than two years. Purchasing is pointless in my situation as leasing is a cheaper monthly payment, less sales tax out of pocket, and the payoff is no different than it would be on a purchase.
But if you bought it at about MSRP in two years it still be worth about the same amount or maybe more look at Jeeps and Toyotas people getting the same or more then they paid it but lease you won't have nothing after two years thats why your tax is less and thats why your lease is low because the dealers know it won't lose value in two years and they just getting free money from you .

Sponsored
OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But if you bought it at about MSRP in two years it still be worth about the same amount or maybe more look at Jeeps and Toyotas people getting the same or more then they paid it but lease you won't have nothing after two years thats why your tax is less and thats why your lease is low because the dealers know it won't lose value in two years and they just getting free money from you .
Not quite how leases work. A lease has a payoff, just like a purchase. For instance, if I finance the vehicle for 6 years, I'll have a 35k loan balance at the loan start. If I lease the vehicle for 36 months, I have a 35k lease balance as well. Every payment I make lowers the balance, in both situations. The only difference is that you have to convert a lease to a purchase before the end of the 36 month term, however I'll sell or trade before that point.

I'll still get any equity I have over the payoff to do what I like with, and I've avoided paying sales tax on 35k.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not quite how leases work. A lease has a payoff, just like a purchase. For instance, if I finance the vehicle for 6 years, I'll have a 35k loan balance at the loan start. If I lease the vehicle for 36 months, I have a 35k lease balance as well. Every payment I make lowers the balance, in both situations. The only difference is that you have to convert a lease to a purchase before the end of the 36 month term, however I'll sell or trade before that point.

I'll still get any equity I have over the payoff to do what I like with, and I've avoided paying sales tax on 35k.
never heard a lease that you can sell the vehicle before the lease is up or trade .a lease you dont really own it you rent it tell you tell the dealer you want to buy it off them because dealer lease it so low because they know what they can get for it at end lease . if leasing was so great like you making it sound then every one would do it . I did what you did with a Ranger once and I end up buying it but I just end up paying more for it at the end .

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

never heard a lease that you can sell the vehicle before the lease is up or trade .a lease you dont really own it you rent it tell you tell the dealer you want to buy it off them because dealer lease it so low because they know what they can get for it at end lease . if leasing was so great like you making it sound then every one would do it . I did what you did with a Ranger once and I end up buying it but I just end up paying more for it at the end .
I'm the lease manager at my dealership, been doing this for quite a while now so I've got a pretty good grasp on how it works. Lease and purchase aren't too different, if you're with the right leasing company. You pay just about the same amount either way (unless there's additional rebates on the purchase). While getting out of a lease early isn't always the easiest thing to do, the Bronco will have a high resale value making it fairly simple.

Getting out of a lease early is the exact same thing as trying to get out of a 5+ year purchase early. You're only paying down a nominal amount of the principle with each payment, so you'll likely have negative equity.

The payoff on a lease is the selling price of the car, same as it would be on a purchase.

Here's a post I made on a thread asking about leasing, feel free to read through, it's got quite a bit of information.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/was-curious-🧐-if-anyone-did-a-lease.32197/post-1079674

OP
OP

kput

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco FINALLY arrived today. A bit unexpected as I had no clue what rail car it was on.
Wheels and tires, spare relocater, floor mats, and running boards are all installed.
Word to the wise, do NOT buy Rough Country SR2 sliders / steps. They're literal shit and I wish I had gone a different direction.

I think I'd like to pick up a set of Sasquatch flares as these wheels stick out a bit, but otherwise I'm super happy with how everything is going.
I spent two hours setting up the ability to open my garage door via touch screen button and Android Auto. Very excited about this. SoundCloud also integrates into Android Auto now, so I couldn't be happier.

Tomorrow.
Window tint. Doing 20% all around. Buddy was trying to talk me into Windshield tint but I told him nah, I don't like the loss of visibility.
After driving around for an hour when the sun was setting, I changed my mind. The visors in this car are completely stupid. When down, they cover half the windshield. Even when pushed towards the window all the way, they block the ability to see red lights. Guess I'll be throwing 35% on the windshield to see how I like it.

Completely forgot I had the Heritage emblems. Will probably toss those on tomorrow at work, and eventually paint the bronco emblem black.

Audio gets installed next week. And am thinking of rigging up a wireless charger soon. Hoping lift can go on next week as well, and been debating on ordering a set of LED Backlit grille badges.

So happy this thing is finally here.
In other news, I ordered a Lux Outer Banks hard top last month for shits and giggles, not expecting it to even get built this year. Figured I'd drive this for a year or so, and sell before the new one comes.
Well, the OB scheduled already last week. Being built the week of 3-30. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

20220126_134437.jpg