Sponsored

Budget Gear that Surprised you with Being Quality?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^ This guy litters ^^^

;)
Never, it’s called a trash bag.

My issue with the Trasharoo is that all the FJ people and some jeep people in AZ drove around with them installed all the time to show how much they went off-road. It’s a practical solution, but FFS store it in the garage when daily driving.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never, it’s called a trash bag.

My issue with the Trasharoo is that all the FJ people and some jeep people in AZ drove around with them installed all the time to show how much they went off-road. It’s a practical solution, but FFS store it in the garage when daily driving.
I was just pulling your leg.

Hey, we should start a Bronco trend. We could install Trasharoo on the front of our Bronco’s, like a sweet-ass fanny pack! You think a winch blocks your camera? Just you wait!

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hate to say it but I saw a few threads on other forums about the HF Badlands soft shackles so I went and check them out. Ended up getting a few and I am impressed. The protective covering is awesome tough. They are tagged for WWL so that is nice too. We had them side by side with the Factor 55 ones and I wasn't seeing much difference (F55 ones were a tad longer and a size down in diameter. but Badlands is a tad stronger). Impressive for the price, especially people like me that will be casual users of them.

https://www.harborfreight.com/soft-shackle-58168.html
58168_W3.jpg
58168_W5.jpg

EB825597-5F21-48EA-9384-EA7055AE90A0.jpeg

Factor 55 for comparison
IMG_8781-web.jpg
I suppose referring to soft shackles as hobbles would get me talked about, but that’s what they remind me of.

Sponsored

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Budget gear where quality exceeded the price.

For $309, for Broncos with the standard bumper and no bash plate, this is a good value, even for the 2.7 if you just want to protect the front end under the bumper. Naturally, it's only compatible with the 2.3 as a winch mount (unless you relocate the heat exchanger).

https://www.roughcountry.com/hidden-winch-mount-51054c.html

For $129, these tow hooks are a nice addition to the above winch mount. It all comes together and looks really good (in my opinion).

https://www.roughcountry.com/tow-hook-shackle-conversion-kit-rs171c.html

Picture of both as installed.

20211205_104615.jpg
wish I could find a solution for the Mod front bumper

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
25 years of carrying the ARB kit and I’ve never used it offroad. I always had a spare tire and saw the kit as a last resort. I did have the tub of goo leak all over the place in the AZ heat.

Sponsored

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got a Body Armor Backbone rear skid. It's a multi purpose hitch mounted skid that I modified to carry my handyman. And due to limited lift points on the Bronco I also got a Hi Lift Lift Mate to lift from wheels. It looks like it will work well on BB wheels and the rear tow loop. It would probably work on the front loops but I removed those to install Blue Ox baseplate. I had ordered the knock off lift Mate from Amazon, but the hooks are too small to be useful, so I returned it and went with the Hi Lift brand. And yes Hi Lifts can be man killers, but conversely they can be life savers if used judiciously.

- Modified Body Armor Backbone, 2 -1/2x 2 1/2 carriage bolts, nuts and urethane bushings.

Ford Bronco Budget Gear that Surprised you with Being Quality? 20220102_152709

Lift mate

Ford Bronco Budget Gear that Surprised you with Being Quality? bloomfield-hi-lift-lift-mate-1029621-1

PAULWESTSKI

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 F350 PSD, 05 Excursion PSD, VW-TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a Body Armor Backbone rear skid. It's a multi purpose hitch mounted skid that I modified to carry my handyman. And due to limited lift points on the Bronco I also got a Hi Lift Lift Mate to lift from wheels. It looks like it will work well on BB wheels and the rear tow loop. It would probably work on the front loops but I removed those to install Blue Ox baseplate. I had ordered the knock off lift Mate from Amazon, but the hooks are too small to be useful, so I returned it and went with the Hi Lift brand. And yes Hi Lifts can be man killers, but conversely they can be life savers if used judiciously.

- Modified Body Armor Backbone, 2 -1/2x 2 1/2 carriage bolts, nuts and urethane bushings.

Ford Bronco Budget Gear that Surprised you with Being Quality? bloomfield-hi-lift-lift-mate-1029621-1

Lift mate

The lift mate is awesome.
It provides the maximum amount of wheel lift for the least amount of jacking.
Less jacking on a high lift is always welcome.
Make sure that you practice with the lift mate at home before you actually need to use it off road.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The lift mate is awesome.
It provides the maximum amount of wheel lift for the least amount of jacking.
Less jacking on a high lift is always welcome.
Make sure that you practice with the lift mate at home before you actually need to use it off road.
Good advice, thanks.

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Nilight pod lights and light bars on Amazon have worked really well for me. I have opened them all up and sealed them with silicone before installing them on vehicles. I have only had one actually get moisture inside and die.
Sponsored