Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I've decided to wait for aftermarket for my "body armor" because either I don't like the factory choices or they are "unavailable" for my setup.

My hope is to replace the Front bumper with a Winch Capable one, possibly the rear bumper with a better off-road version as well, add rock sliders that step out for better protection, and add underneath bash plates.

I'm wondering what sort of budget I'd need for this? I've looked at some Jeep stuff but I'm thinking their stuff is much cheaper than the Bronco stuff will be initially (r&d, price gouging, etc)

I'm actually hoping to maybe find some folks that decide to upgrade their Broncos and I can get some Badlands Armor on the cheap :sneaky:
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I've decided to wait for aftermarket for my "body armor" because either I don't like the factory choices or they are "unavailable" for my setup.

My hope is to replace the Front bumper with a Winch Capable one, possibly the rear bumper with a better off-road version as well, add rock sliders that step out for better protection, and add underneath bash plates.

I'm wondering what sort of budget I'd need for this? I've looked at some Jeep stuff but I'm thinking their stuff is much cheaper than the Bronco stuff will be initially (r&d, price gouging, etc)

I'm actually hoping to maybe find some folks that decide to upgrade their Broncos and I can get some Badlands Armor on the cheap :sneaky:
On an FJ for comparison to look at another IFS vehicle...I paid $1300 for a nice Demello Steel winch bumper, and $700 for a fairly complete set of BudBuilt steel skids. My truck came with factory frame mounted sliders, but I think you could get a good set for $330. So, $2300 or so for pretty good quality stuff and good protection.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On an FJ for comparison to look at another IFS vehicle...I paid $1300 for a nice Demello Steel winch bumper, and $700 for a fairly complete set of BudBuilt steel skids. My truck came with factory frame mounted sliders, but I think you could get a good set for $330. So, $2300 or so for pretty good quality stuff and good protection.
Hell I'd be loving life if it turns out that low. I was just looking at some Front Bumpers for the Ranger and they were 2k and without a winch cradle!

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I paid about $1600 total for F/R bumpers, HD rocker panel boat sliders and a full set of 3/16" under side plates for my Wrangler.

It is a mix of US and Chinamart stuff.
Whatever I liked that was on sale over 2 years of slow buying as funds allowed.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks all... I hope you are right and maybe with some patience and competition I can get what I want without having to cough up alot more cash.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm considering aftermarket as well for the protections. I don't necessarily think it will be cheaper than Ford but hopefully much stronger. Plus the aftermarket isn't constrained in their designs like ford is. I really think the rear bumper on the Bronco could be made much better. The stock one is kind of a monstrosity.

Edit: Savvy off road builds an aluminum rear bumper for the Jeep that looks great and surely they will follow for the Bronco.
Sponsored