K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What options do we have for gap insurance? I always fee like it is overpriced at the dealer and that they are able to negotiate that down.

Also, you mentioned aftermarket warranties. I was planning to utilize mechanical breakdown insurance offered by Geico. Covers 10 years 100k
Contact your Insurance company to see what they offer for GAP and then go to the dealer before you sign and compare costs. My insurance got me GAP for way less than Ford was able to. Or if you go through a credit union they usually will offer it too so shop around as every one has different prices
Sponsored

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Contact your Insurance company to see what they offer for GAP and then go to the dealer before you sign and compare costs. My insurance got me GAP for way less than Ford was able to. Or if you go through a credit union they usually will offer it too so shop around as every one has different prices
Gap insurance tends to be very overpriced. Each dealership has their own costs. It's fair to allow the to mark it up by 100. The best way to compare gap is for 1 ask your current insurance company if they offer it or something similar to it, what does it cover, ask and how it works. If you put down significant money and are in a positive equity position you may not even need it. As for a dealership you have to ask them the same, but, also ask if you're late on a payment does that cancel the gap, also ask how it works and what theirs will cover. In my opinion if the gap costs more than 800 from a dealership it is over inflated. Your term can also effect the cost too. A 48 month loan and a 60, 72, 75, 84, all will vary in costs. Lower the term the lesser the price should be for gap. As for the warranty offered thru geico, some questions I would ask. Do they use rebuilt parts or aftermarket parts? Does it cover all electrical and the brain of the vehicle. The lesser expensive warranties are usually that way because they're cheaper in the ways they cover your vehicle. I'm all about saving money but for me personally if it's a Ford vehicle I'm doing a Ford warranty. If you want to keep your warranty separate from what you finance you can. Some dealerships like mine offer 0% finance options on them too. Lots of my customers take full advantage of that option especially since it requires no credit checks.

Eight08State

First Edition
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford made us fall in love with the brown leather during the reveal. Why are we only stuck with one interior option for the FE? The blue interior doesn’t match 50% of the exterior color options?

Still. An absolutely amazing vehicle. Just a frustration.

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford made us fall in love with the brown leather during the reveal. Why are we only stuck with one interior option for the FE? The blue interior doesn’t match 50% of the exterior color options?

Still. An absolutely amazing vehicle. Just a frustration.
I'm sorry. I wish I could answer that question. I just gave up on my build for now. I can't seem to mix and match in the ways I want too. Very frustrating ? ? ? ?

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thoughts on Leasing for 3 years with full intention of buying it after the lease expires? This way I can essentially pay on this for 8 years?

If in this scenario, does it make sense to keep the miles on the lease to 8K or so knowing you will go over but not caring but keeping the initial price down for 36 months.?

Sponsored
OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thoughts on Leasing for 3 years with full intention of buying it after the lease expires? This way I can essentially pay on this for 8 years?

If in this scenario, does it make sense to keep the miles on the lease to 8K or so knowing you will go over but not caring but keeping the initial price down for 36 months.?
No. When your lease ends there's an inspection and you pay for the extra miles. You can get loans that have longer terms, I don't recommend going past 84 months due to the rates jumping much higher. If you want to stretch it out further make sure you explore those options. One thing I see some of my customers do is finance for 60 to 72 months, pay a year or 2 and then flip to a credit union and extend the term again and often lower the interest rate.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me too. Hope you can come up with a dealer installed fog light option for the Black Diamond.

I'm sorry. I wish I could answer that question. I just gave up on my build for now. I can't seem to mix and match in the ways I want too. Very frustrating ? ? ? ?

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No I don't. Sorry. I do believe when you get the tow package on other vehicles Ford builds in things like the sway control and it's all programmed into the vehicle, etc. I'm halfway talking out my tail end on this since I'm not 100% sure.

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been getting many questions about payments, terms, how much should I spend, how does this work, credit scores, money down, added extras, invoice etc. I decided I will hang out and help on and off from now until about 1am eastern. I will answer any and all questions I can regardless of what dealership you are buying from. Ford will be sending everyone an email letting them know the build and price will be live at midnight est. Many already have it. I will not be here to argue, or bash other dealers. I am here as a finance director and fellow Bronco buyer. Thanks in advance!! @Granger Ford @StephensAutoCenter @rcbickle @EvlNvrDys just in case any of you want to chime in or direct anyone this way.
Will there be a lease option?

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can tell you my Opinion on pros and cons for trade in value as I’m in the same situation...

Selling privately get your more $$ but what if last minute you decide to back out of the bronco...then you won’t have that vehicle anymore and won’t have the bronco..

Trading it in get you less $$$ but if Bronco doesn’t work out, you can walk away or should i say drive away in a fully paid vehicle...

Depends on a couple things. Sell your vehicle on your own tends to bring in more money. Trading it in depending on your state can give you a tax credit and IF Ford offers any rebates (I doubt they will) you could get extra money for it. Being that it's a 2009 a dealership probably won't give you much at all as it's of no benefit to them. A vehicle generally has to be under 10 years old for a consumer to get a bank loan. That would probably be a wholesale piece for them. I can't really say pro's and con's as I am not in your situation. If it was me and I had the time I'd sell it on my own.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My questions on next steps...I’ve never reserved/ordered a vehicle online before...so we made the reservations ✔ Chose the trim ✔ Chose the dealer ✔ Build and price ✔....now what? I was taking to someone on fords online chat and said i need to send the build sheet to dealer? Then come December place the order? <<<<what exactly does that mean? I thought the build and price was to place the order? And December was to finalize any last minute changes? What am i missing?

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My questions on next steps...I’ve never reserved/ordered a vehicle online before...so we made the reservations ✔ Chose the trim ✔ Chose the dealer ✔ Build and price ✔....now what? I was taking to someone on fords online chat and said i need to send the build sheet to dealer? Then come December place the order? <<<<what exactly does that mean? I thought the build and price was to place the order? And December was to finalize any last minute changes? What am i missing?
Have you selected your dealership? If so they can see you're reservation in their system.
You use the tool to do your build and price to create your Bronco. Now here's where I've gotten 2 different stories. 1 your build will automatically go to the dealership when the order banks open. 2 the dealership will reach out to you and or you'll need to get that build to them once the order banks open up and "convert your reservation to the actual order" so I can't give you an accurate answer yet and I'm sorry. I've been fielding calls, emails, helping with builds, and doing my actual job (dealing with banks and paperwork, financing customers) all day long today (yes I'm overtired and grumpy, probably need a snickers) so I never got a chance to clarify that part with Ford.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Canadian website doesn't allow Badlands with manual transmission if you get the Sasquatch package.

Interesting......

****Edit****

I forgot that ManSquatch is a late availability.
Sponsored

Last edited: