Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We need to wait until some VINs have been requested for that extended warranty quote correct?
If you want exact pricing yes. You also want to make sure the warranties are catered to how you will drive. As an example I drive less than 10k a year but keep my vehicles about 3 to 4 years. My husband drives 20k plus a year and keeps his trucks 8 plus years. These 2 plans have different costs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership is offering a complimentary lifetime powertrain limited warranty. I'm not sure what's all that is offered in terms of warranties for vehicles, and I want to make sure my vehicle is protected. Is this the only warranty I will need in case things start to break down?
Absolutely not. Powertrain only covers limited parts. I recommend having a Ford bumper to bumper. To each their own. Some agree and others don't. This is my opinion on it. Also ask them what is required of you for that Powertrain warranty. Most require regular maintenance and vehicle inspections done at their dealership at their pricing. Get a clear idea if this will benefit you or not.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you want exact pricing yes. You also want to make sure the warranties are catered to how you will drive. As an example I drive less than 10k a year but keep my vehicles about 3 to 4 years. My husband drives 20k plus a year and keeps his trucks 8 plus years. These 2 plans have different costs.
I'll be contacting you, I hadn't forgotten, once I have a VIN.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely not. Powertrain only covers limited parts. I recommend having a Ford bumper to bumper. To each their own. Some agree and others don't. This is my opinion on it. Also ask them what is required of you for that Powertrain warranty. Most require regular maintenance and vehicle inspections done at their dealership at their pricing. Get a clear idea if this will benefit you or not.
Thank you so much for the response and your input!

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you for offering your services and time, you are brave with this crowd.
I have a question because it's something I need to decide on:

What are the Pros/Cons of trading in a car versus selling private party and using towards a bigger down payment? (Car is a 2009 Mustang 4.0)
Get the tax credits by trading in.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Provided the trade in value is sufficient to justify this advice.
I've seen where the dealer did not really want the vehicle and only offered a stupid low amount of trade in value for it.
Hell, I've seen them refuse a vehicle on trade, even for free. (17 year old Nissan Sentra w/ 185k on the clock ... in good shape, ran great).

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AXZ plan web page --- You'll need your "partner code" (Not the PIN you'll eventually be assigned)
Obviously the Bronco is not listed there yet, but eventually I'm sure it will be.
The Sport is listed.
You can even build your own and it prices it for your "plan".
https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/login.do

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, the tax credit won't be anything in this case or hardly anything. If they give 1000 then that 1k gets deducted from the new vehicle sale price before taxes so it won't save much compared to what you'd gain selling it on your own. However I don't know what the actual value of the vehicle is. If it's a lot then it's worth looking into. I just can't see a dealership paying top $ for something they can't make good money on.

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What options do we have for gap insurance? I always fee like it is overpriced at the dealer and that they are able to negotiate that down.

Also, you mentioned aftermarket warranties. I was planning to utilize mechanical breakdown insurance offered by Geico. Covers 10 years 100k

trivletrav

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Forgive my ignorance in the leasing world, but all indications to this being a highly anticipated vehicle with reservations coming out the wazoo. Shouldn't that mean residual is very high? If that is the case and reservation holders who can lock in at MSRP should mean that (depending on credit) you wouldn't necessarily be in a terrible position for an attractive lease payment?
Sponsored