First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For all trim levels (base through badlands) the dealer MSRP has matched the B&P.

For Wildtrack, I'm getting an additional $6,590 in options in the order screen as compared to the B&P.

I don't think this is dealer markup due to the other trims not have any differences. Can anyone confirm this is happening to them? Feels like a glitch.

Ford Bronco Build and price not matching order MSRP 1634321797228

Ford Bronco Build and price not matching order MSRP 1634321807669
Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That rounded figure on the ordering screen sure makes it look like your dealer is adding a 15% markup.

Also, STARTING at $62,250?

OP
OP

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That rounded figure on the ordering screen sure makes it look like your dealer is adding a 15% markup.

Also, STARTING at $62,250?
Something certainly doesn't add up. This affects no other trim lines (worked through them all), and the dealer has stated res holders will not have an ADM, but I trust that about as far as I can throw a Bronco.

I don't like the way wording on that either (starting).

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reminds me of the classic car dealer phrase of "up to".

Dealer: "What payment are you looking for?"

Buyer: "Around $400 a month."

Dealer: "Up to?"

OP
OP

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's a squatched Badlands that matched just fine. Same dealer.

Ford Bronco Build and price not matching order MSRP 1634323053443

Ford Bronco Build and price not matching order MSRP 1634323027952

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reminds me of the classic car dealer phrase of "up to".

Dealer: "What payment are you looking for?"

Buyer: "Around $400 a month."

Dealer: "Up to?"
I remember my salesman training courses. The trainers taught and pounded in "up to" like it was a magic phrase to unlock the customer's budget from contraints. Most of the time my exchange went like this "I'm looking to be around 400" "Up to?" "Yea, up to 400, that's what I said" Alternatively "around 400" "up to?" "405?"

What worked for me was "imagine we have the perfect vehicle. Every feature you want like it was custom build for you, would you be willing to budge off 400 if we had the right car on the lot today?" or variants thereof. I had vague mental outlines, not scripts i followed.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I remember my salesman training courses. The trainers taught and pounded in "up to" like it was a magic phrase to unlock the customer's budget from contraints. Most of the time my exchange went like this "I'm looking to be around 400" "Up to?" "Yea, up to 400, that's what I said" Alternatively "around 400" "up to?" "405?"

What worked for me was "imagine we have the perfect vehicle. Every feature you want like it was custom build for you, would you be willing to budge off 400 if we had the right car on the lot today?" or variants thereof. I had vague mental outlines, not scripts i followed.
Nice. I'm sure that worked great for both you and the customer. As purely a shopper, with no experience as a salesman, I usually respond with "I'm uninterested in the payment and just want to talk about the bottom line".

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice. I'm sure that worked great for both you and the customer. As purely a shopper, with no experience as a salesman, I usually respond with "I'm uninterested in the payment and just want to talk about the bottom line".
Been 8 years since i sold cars and 9 since I sold fords. I spoke about price in whatever terms the customer brought up. That being said, there's a reason you force the payment conversation for anyone not paying cash. Most customers have no basic idea on what price car costs how much per month. Can't tell you how many people thought you could buy a 50k car on 400/mo.

If i asked how much a customer was looking to spend and they said "40k" i'd start out talking to them in total dollars and mention monthly payment range casually once like "ok, so 40k you're looking at something like xyz and a payment around 750 a month, so let's see what our options are". and then never mention monthly again until they brought it up.

If they answers my "how much are you looking to spend" question with a monthly payment, then i kept the conversation there.

FYI, most people i dropped a quick payment range on balked at the number. I'm serious, people have no idea how much 50k over 5 years costs. Add taxes tags and fees and you have a $1000 car payment. MFers be walking up talking about self park and leather and upgraded sound systems and buying the car? They left in an explorer 201a XLT fwd lease. seen it happen plenty. Also lost some customers early in my career by NOT bringing up the monthly soon enough for the same reason. Once they fall in love with the loaded and think they can afford, reality is a very tough place to land.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For Wildtrak, I'm getting an additional $6,590 in options in the order screen as compared to the B&P.
I'm in the same boat - a $6590 difference. And I'm thinking it's a glitch, as neither Ford nor the dealer could explain the discrepancy:
Ford Bronco Build and price not matching order MSRP 1634398540196

Ford Bronco Build and price not matching order MSRP 1634398566266

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same here… 3k being added. Wtf.

2D0B5657-06FD-4FCE-AA45-CB5D1DC13A29.jpeg

Sponsored

Deleted member 19285

If they answered my "how much are you looking to spend" question with a monthly payment, then i kept the conversation there.
As a buyer, I try and take the opposite approach to eke out a little additional savings: I negotiate on the monthly payment after agreeing the bottom line price. E.g., if the monthly ends up being $415, I say I really need it to be under $400.

I love hearing about car selling tactics. Very interesting.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love hearing about car selling tactics. Very interesting.
Fun fact, I've learned more about buying cars from enthusiast forums than I ever did from selling. Owners and GMs keep real pricing in the dark from even GSMs and especially salesmen. As a salesman you're told invoice minus holdback (minus dealer cash which is rare) is the real COG, but invoice minus holdback is just another fiction like invoice is to begin with.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In my case, the glitch corrected itself this morning. The Dealer Selling Price had been showing $6590 above configurator price up until then. Now the Dealer Selling Price and configurator price are equal - no markup and no glitch. Not sure if anyone else's has corrected itself.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For all trim levels (base through badlands) the dealer MSRP has matched the B&P.

For Wildtrack, I'm getting an additional $6,590 in options in the order screen as compared to the B&P.

I don't think this is dealer markup due to the other trims not have any differences. Can anyone confirm this is happening to them? Feels like a glitch.

Ford Bronco Build and price not matching order MSRP 2D0B5657-06FD-4FCE-AA45-CB5D1DC13A29

Ford Bronco Build and price not matching order MSRP 2D0B5657-06FD-4FCE-AA45-CB5D1DC13A29
My dealer confirmed that the 3k markup is valid - time to find a new dealer.

9F6D2556-2CB8-4DAB-80BE-60C32A2DEE93.jpeg
Sponsored