Broncomike11

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I closed on a 2021 Ford Bronco yesterday at my local dealership, and so far things are running fairly well. However, upon looking back at the window sticker for the vehicle, it shows the blend/build date as of 12/8/2021. This has made me a little uneasy, as the vehicle wasn't listed at the dealership until this past week (April), meaning it was sitting around for ~4 months post-build.

I wanted to see if this is something that others have experienced, or if you'd consider it a reason for concern. As my dealership gives a 3-day grace period for vehicle returns, I definitely wanted to address this before it's too late. Note that this was not a special order on my behalf.
Sponsored

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So far mine was built on 3/7 and hasn’t been shipped yet… it’s a slow moving world… lots of these are sitting for at least some length of time I’m sure

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No concerns. Many people have build/blend dates months before they received their Bronco. Mine was built in early July, didn't receive until Mid-November. A lot of shortages across all industries are causing many delays.

Also since yours was built Mid-December, I believe they had a plant christmas shutdown near the end of december, so it probably wasn't even thought about until January.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I worked for Ford and we held cars at the plant the only 2 warranty concerns from units in long term storage was dead batteries and flat spotted tires.

OP
OP

Broncomike11

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you all for the insight - that definitely helps the concern I had over the gap in timeframe between build and listing. Here's hoping it continues to be a solid purchase!
Sponsored