Sponsored

Build delays, chip shortages, and why you should absolutely not pay MSRP for your delayed vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explore sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think customers should accept the customer satisfaction plan and should demand discounted pricing. Is this a first world problem? Yes absolutely. Should customers have to Pay full price for a one-year delayed vehicle? Absolutely not. Are the supply chain shortages only exclusive to Ford? Absolutely not, but it doesn't matter at the end of the day because this is all about managing expectations and being fair.

I wonder if anyone has looked at the data, I would be curious to see what percentage of customers receive a window sticker and blend date that actually get delayed even further.

Anyways, don't take booze and free parts.
One year delay?
When was the Bronco originally said be released? April or May?
All of this,I have been waiting over a year now....Please.....
Sponsored

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you cancel and they sell your rig off the lot, how much do you think they would get for it?

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think customers should accept the customer satisfaction plan and should demand discounted pricing. Is this a first world problem? Yes absolutely. Should customers have to Pay full price for a one-year delayed vehicle? Absolutely not. Are the supply chain shortages only exclusive to Ford? Absolutely not, but it doesn't matter at the end of the day because this is all about managing expectations and being fair.

I wonder if anyone has looked at the data, I would be curious to see what percentage of customers receive a window sticker and blend date that actually get delayed even further.

I'm not paying ADM, or any of that garbage. my price is locked in, PLUS discounted. I will gladly take free crap all day long as long as someone is willing to give it away. The BIGGER concern is all the bumping shenannigans being played by Ford. Dirt Mountain Broncos BETTER be fixed BEFORE new ones are rolled down the line with the 2.0 tops, but we all know that is not, and will not happen. As long as HUMANS are involved, it will alway be ripe for lies and corruption.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Fair? Define "fair."

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do they not teach kids how capitalism works in our schools any longer?

Supply and demand sets price. Low supply and high demand = high price; high supply and low demand = low price.

Count the number of Broncos delivered this year and think whether your strategy will work.

No shit!

I grew up in the wrong generation. We expected nothing, and yet have everything we want. We didn't expect to live in a perfect world, and no one owed us anything if things didn't go perfectly. Now, if people don't have a perfect experience they should be reimbursed for it.

Dude, you should owe us for the few minutes we bothered to read this bullshit.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not sure we are in a position to demand anything. If Ford wants to throw something my way for the wait, I'm totally good with that. But they don't "owe" me anything. Everyone has known since July 2020 that a wait was coming and for some it might be a long wait.
It may be delayed, but still a new vehicle. In most cases, it will be a 22, so you would be open to any new models or changes that will be coming. The goodwill gestures are appreciated.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And you are correct. There is no shortage of stupid people that will overpay for a vehicle and absolutely no shortage of dealerships that will take your money and laugh all the way to the bank. I must admit out of the 125,000 orders Ford says they have how many people in a year from now will actually buy that Bronco. There is a Lot of hype and I think that’s exactly what it is hype.
If most are still hanging on after more than a year, I think it's more than the hype. The drop outs will be because they had to replace a vehicle, a financial issue etc forces their hand.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol luxury item jesus. You just can’t make some of the stuff up you see on here.
What are you on about? Some of us can’t afford yachts or high end sports cars. This is very much a luxury to be able to own a brand new vehicle.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ask the dirt mtn crew...
Exactly.

However, to the OP's original post, that's not going to work out for you in the current market, you lost much of your negotiating power when you placed your order and if you didn't work out a price commitment prior to finalizing your order, you are at the mercy of the dealer.

Even if you had a low price guarantee, like myself, you are not likely to be successful in forcing the resolution of it in this market. Your only leverage (for most people) is to walk away from your deposit and requesting refund of your $100. A dealer would refund that amount and send you packing in a heartbeat in this market. Consider your vehicle sold already for well above MSRP.

Even I, with as much as I bitch about not having my fully paid for Dirt Mountain Bronco, can see that you are being rediculous on this point. You can wait or walk away, it's that simple.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One more point about the market, my GF was ran off the road and totalled her 2020 RAV4. She needed a vehicle asap and replaced it with a Honda CR-V EX-L at MSRP. We considered ourselves lucky to find one locally at a fair price in July 2021. They had less than 10 vehicles available on the lot, and honestly, they could have been charging a lot more (like the Hyundai dealer and Ford dealer down the road).

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We managed to get X-Plan on my wife's Lincoln Corsair this year and I felt really good about that. We had to shop various dealers to find one that was allowing it, though, and not marking up over MSRP.
They don't seem to be pushing the Corsair very hard or you waited too long to buy. I bought an Aviator in April and got X plan. There was also a $1k rebate and a $2k private cash incentive. My dealer also got me a pretty good bank rate and gave me a decent trade in amount. I was able to get a little more than I originally planned. Once it was confirmed the Bronco mod top was going to be at least 23, I felt I had to make a move soon and worry about the Bronco later on. I'm glad I did.

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It may be delayed, but still a new vehicle. In most cases, it will be a 22, so you would be open to any new models or changes that will be coming. The goodwill gestures are appreciated.
I have a VIN and wish I could change my order to Eruption Green, but alas.

Now, being in Canada, I have to admit, I'm jealous of the cheap swag and even more jealous of the emails I keep hearing about.
It does feel like an abusive relationship.

OP is echoing what many are feeling, myself included. I feel like a bit of a dope for my willingness to pay MSRP when a few weeks later (haha, maybe?)they will be building MY22.

Defending FoMoCo as strongly as many of you are, it is coming across as Stockholm Syndrome.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.