K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I have been noticing lately that ford has changed their slogan to “Built Ford Proud”. To be honest this doesn’t really make sense to me as a slogan. They used to be “Built Ford Tough” since they wanted to show they are strong and rugged and I thought that slogan was clever. But changing it now to “proud” makes no sense. So as we wait for this B&P to be released what does B6G think of this? Do you like the new “Proud” Ford or do you think they should have kept it to “Tough”?
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That slogan bothers me tremendously.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Aww, you should be proud of your effort. Here have a cookie and a participation trophy...

Sponsored

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know where they're going with it. It's a shift in marketing from building consumer confidence in their product performance, to messaging something else. Maybe "tough" is too strong of a term for our current society, where a term like "proud" isn't. I truly don't know... probably digging way too deep here.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I grew up with Ford Tough, Ford Proud is like your regular place switching the Coke for Pepsi

Last edited:

Sponsored

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Who cares? It's just a stupid marketing slogan. Probably thought up by Rockstars.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't think people realize the huge advantage GM and FCA got financially from Bankruptcy and the Federal (read our money) Bailout and taking the old GM and FCA liabilities and wiping them clean for the most part which is a point of Pride. The second is Ford stepping up and building PPE and ventilators while GM had to be forced the the Defense Production act to accept the contract for ventilators; again, Pride.

Moving all of Next Gen propulsion to the old and decreped Detroit Train Station; Pride.

Finally, employing the largest number of Americans than any other automaker; Pride.

So while I love Ford Tough, they deserve to be proud

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The slogan I would pick is made in the USA. Personally I am so proud of FORD brand. Even the special steel is made in America.
We are at the beginning if the biggest economic boom America has ever had and Ford is helping brings this on. All of the buyers are part of this. Im getting the made in the USA bumper sticker on my Bronco.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 9.37.12 AM.png

OP
OP
Hkak45

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think people realize the huge advantage GM and FCA got financially from Bankruptcy and the Federal (read our money) Bailout and taking the old GM and FCA liabilities and wiping them clean for the most part which is a point of Pride. The second is Ford stepping up and building PPE and ventilators while GM had to be forced the the Defense Production act to accept the contract for ventilators; again, Pride.

Moving all of Next Gen propulsion to the old and decreped Detroit Train Station; Pride.

Finally, employing the largest number of Americans than any other automaker; Pride.

So while I love Ford Tough, they deserve to be proud
This is a great answer. I agree on your points and I for one was very proud to stand behind Ford as they stepped up to make PPE and ventilators. Being the only US car maker to not accept bail out also made me proud for them and is why I try to buy Ford over others. With that said I still think they should have changed it to something about proudly built in America. Just the slogan itself I think doesn’t capture what they are trying to say in my opinion. “Built Ford Tough, Proudly in America since...” lol
Sponsored