Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep! University Ford in Durham NC. Will likely be switching to Stephen’s in WV
I went in there to ask a few questions. I actually had an appt. The sales manager acted like he had no time for me. He said they'd be selling at msrp. I told him I was X plan eligible to which he said they won't be accepting that initially. That was my cue to turn around and walk out.
Sponsored

bwtl

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went in there to ask a few questions. I actually had an appt. The sales manager acted like he had no time for me. He said they'd be selling at msrp. I told him I was X plan eligible to which he said they won't be accepting that initially. That was my cue to turn around and walk out.
Beautiful! I haven’t even gotten them to reach back out to me but that’s all I needed to know.

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Quite a few actually. I don't have the list in front of me. It seems like most are doing that, while almost zero are doing any better than that...not that it matters.
Just spoke to my dealer I have the reservation with. According to Marin Ford, they've been given STRICT rules by Ford to not do ADM's and honor the plans like the X-Plan. So if a dealer say's otherwise, change dealerships.

gothavit

Outer Banks
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's how I read the article. Ford wants to reward or incentivize people for waiting.

Ideal potential scenario. Ford launches BnP and shares cool special editions with a note that they won't start building these until August 2021. I can then choose that option and lock in my pricing during the December order. I'll be at the top of the list for that special edition because of my early reservation, but am choosing to delay my Bronco until later in 2021.

100% assumption. :)
does anyone know how
That's how I read the article. Ford wants to reward or incentivize people for waiting.

Ideal potential scenario. Ford launches BnP and shares cool special editions with a note that they won't start building these until August 2021. I can then choose that option and lock in my pricing during the December order. I'll be at the top of the list for that special edition because of my early reservation, but am choosing to delay my Bronco until later in 2021.

100% assumption. :)
does anyone know how you delay your reservation if thats article is right i dont want to miss out on a new color or something cool they add that i kick my self for waiting for

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The longer Ford waits the less time we have to choose dealers. I like making informed choices but if Ford is asking I plop down 40-50 thousand for a new vehicle, I’d like to have more than a week to crunch figures and get firm dealer quotes. I’m tolerant, but Ford is starting to get a bad taste in my mouth.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be the ONLY good part of the article.. IF we could select dealer of our choice by January 2021... Too bad that ISN'T true... unless Ford changed it.
I reserved mine two weeks ago and was able to choose my dealer. It gave me a recommended dealer with a pull down menu listing other nearby dealers. I can’t remember if it had a search menu for more distant dealers.

I suspect that is what the dealer is referencing though the thought of shopping around my order in December has me a bit tingly.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I reserved mine two weeks ago and was able to choose my dealer. It gave me a recommended dealer with a pull down menu listing other nearby dealers. I can’t remember if it had a search menu for more distant dealers.

I suspect that is what the dealer is referencing though the thought of shopping around my order in December has me a bit tingly.
Hmm interesting guess they switched that. I reserved July 15th and if I remember correctly it selected the dealer for me.
Oh well. Still time to switch if need be.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

does anyone know how

does anyone know how you delay your reservation if thats article is right i dont want to miss out on a new color or something cool they add that i kick my self for waiting for
well that’s just it no one knows or will know for a while.

my guess is that they will release info that coincides with BnP in a couple of week.

not much to do now but sit on our hands.

Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The longer Ford waits the less time we have to choose dealers. I like making informed choices but if Ford is asking I plop down 40-50 thousand for a new vehicle, I’d like to have more than a week to crunch figures and get firm dealer quotes. I’m tolerant, but Ford is starting to get a bad taste in my mouth.
This is exactly what I’m worried about. I think this is exactly what’s going to happen. That will suck royally if it does. I think they are asking for trouble if they do because people will change their minds constantly or be filled with regret more so than if they had a chance to build it a couple times and sleep on it

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that the cool things the marketing team are working on are special editions and colors that will all be late availability and PRESENTED during BnP. With the asterisk that they are LATE availability. TIme stamp that. You heard it hear first :)
That’s a bingo.

Ford collected feedback, plan to offer some new stuff, but it won’t be ready for the early orders. The good news is if you’re right, we will know the risk at the time of order in December.

example: you can have Tan, but the tan line starts next November. Stay with Cactus Gray and you’re in the line that forms in April. That seems fair to me.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...4WjS9RGdGvUyF8MVAFDzmgsIVGuI1NOrWLgHzrUHo77WI

From the article:

Build and price just days away
In mid-October, Ford is planning to allow Bronco reservation-holders into the system and custom design their two-door or four-door Bronco. This is known as the build, price and spec process. Official orders will need to be placed by the end of January 2021 and at that point, buyers will select their dealer of choice.

During this process, the order program will suggest nearby dealers based on the ZIP Code of the customer. In a twist, the customers will choose their dealers rather than the dealers getting a big inventory and inviting people to shop in the first year.
1st it was August, then it was September, and now it 's October for build and price. does anyone really feel confident that we'll see build and price before Ford actually starts taking orders in December.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1st it was August, then it was September, and now it 's October for build and price. does anyone really feel confident that we'll see build and price before Ford actually starts taking orders in December.
No
Sponsored