Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Let's think about this:

The Granger deal at $2000 of invoice for an October reservation that you have to convert to an order this Dec-Jan and then not take deliver until the Spring of 2022 ... HOW LONG will the order sit in the order banks? You can make changes (to take advantage of new colors or options) before it gets a VIN.

I can't imagine Ford pulling the order right away and it seems it will sit there for at least a year if the estimated delivery is Spring of 2022.
Right, I wonder what the long game is here? If they're already close to capacity and expect order fulfillment will have to go to 2022 (and then stock will have to be produced), what's the play to keep pumping up the numbers?

My suspicion is there's a dip in reservation holders and they're trying to keep people's attention.
Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let's think about this:

The Granger deal at $2000 of invoice for an October reservation that you have to convert to an order this Dec-Jan and then not take deliver until the Spring of 2022 ... HOW LONG will the order sit in the order banks? You can make changes (to take advantage of new colors or options) before it gets a VIN.

I can't imagine Ford pulling the order right away and it seems it will sit there for at least a year if the estimated delivery is Spring of 2022.
I just asked our favorite Mike, if we will know about some of these at BnP so we can decide if we want to wait or not.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so, what's the latest official time we can switch dealerships?

i've lost track

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find this interesting, if true:

"We will continue to add new appearance and feature choices, including paint colors and special editions, for customers that have a longer wait."

Perhaps those who delay their reservations to get Granger's newest deal will be rewarded with more/better options for when they finally order.

Maybe.
See to me this makes no sense though. I order in December and then what? Next September you’re going to email me and ask me if I want to change my order because you decided to add new options?

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This article seems just like a lot of misinformation and speculation (based on what we've actually come to believe thus far from semi-official channels).

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No one is going to email you. If your December order gets pulled from the order banks and then gets a VIN then you are pretty much locked in.

If your order does not get pulled and you see Ford has some new colors then you can call your dealer and makes changes to your order.

I hope that makes sense.

See to me this makes no sense though. I order in December and then what? Next September you’re going to email me and ask me if I want to change my order because you decided to add new options?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one is going to email you. If your December order gets pulled from the order banks and then gets a VIN then you are pretty much locked in.

If your order does not get pulled and you see Ford has some new colors then you can call your dealer and makes changes to your order.

I hope that makes sense.
Yeah, that makes sense. Vin isn’t created until they’re ready to make the order. So if you’re sitting in limbo you can make changes until that happens.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Your order gets a VIN 7 days after it is pulled from the order banks. If I remember correctly, this is what happened with my 2013 Raptor, 2016 RS and 2019 Raptor.

I have to check my post on the Raptor forum to confirm

Yeah, that makes sense. Vin isn’t created until they’re ready to make the order. So if you’re sitting in limbo you can make changes until that happens.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your order gets a VIN 7 days after it is pulled from the order banks. If I remember correctly, this is what happened with my 2013 Raptor, 2016 RS and 2019 Raptor.

I have to check my post on the Raptor forum to confirm
Gotcha, that makes sense than. I was definitely questioning Ford offering new stuff to people waiting though. I’m wondering if they’ll communicate that to reservation holders. As if ordering a car you can’t see in person isn’t hard enough, now I’ll have the opportunity to order my vehicle and possibly over think and obsess about it with various changes along the way.

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is where the PR flack mentality needs to just be squashed in favor of "If I was the consumer, how would I feel about hearing 'Stay tuned' for the umpteenth time?" He is saying that way too much at this point for anyone except the horribly under-informed or intentionally ignorant buyers to patiently wait.
Sponsored