JD
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have been going back and forth on ordering in December. The Blue Oval has made the decision for me. I will send in my request to refund my reservation (4 Dorr Wildtrak). Ford had such a golden opportunity to crush market and Jeep and absolutely fucked it up. If you don't believe me look at the number of negative comments vs positive ones. It has to be 4 to 1 favoring the negative across all subjects. I will continue to daily drive my Jeep Rubicon until late 2021 or 22 when ever The Blue Oval has a real product to market, now it's just a specter.
What planet are you from where the internet is where people go to post positive reviews of anything, let alone a product that no one even has yet? All of the negative reviews are from a bunch of whine bags that need to get back in their jeeps and go whine in a jeep forum. Somehow I think Ford will be just fine without you, and it means a real enthusiast will be able to get their rig a little quicker now. See you never!

Advertisement

NoMansLand

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
I did the right thing a this point and time. A year from now I can come back in and get the Brono I really want. I am just throwing a yellow flag on myself for delay of game. On the other hand, the Blue Oval gets a straight Red Card. In the interim, everyone gets to move up a slot. Your welcome.
I’m doing the same thing. One more slot open.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
I’m doing the same thing. One more slot open.
Amazing all of the people canceling over a statement unconfirmed as fact. I think a lot of people are just looking for an excuse to not convert their reservation, now that the time is right around the corner. Many never had any intention to buy and now need a way to justify it.

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Amazing all of the people canceling over a statement unconfirmed as fact. I think a lot of people are just looking for an excuse to not convert their reservation, now that the time is right around the corner. Many never had any intention to buy and now need a way to justify it.
Or they are just tired of one thing after another, you know, the straw that broke the camels back.

OregonHighlander

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Dodge Charger/Wife; Ford Transit Connect/
Or they are just tired of one thing after another, you know, the straw that broke the camels back.
I'm all in....but....one has to ask, how long will the majority wait? My main gripe is B&P - lack of an update and error corrections (no excuse for this) and the accessories should get updated before ordering also. Guys typically get the itch to buy a new vehicle. If FORD delays this too long....they may find others jump ship as well and buy something else. For now, I will remain as patient as possible, look forward to ordering in later December and hope FORD provides my Salesman with the answers we will both need to complete a accurate, detailed order with all the accessories I am after.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Some of the complaints are justified, but many are just nit picky stuff. Roofs are a big deal as well as interiors. Ford corrected the no power seats issue on leather interiors, so they are at least doing something people wanted. Spending 3 days arguing over 10mm height and bolts falling down the wheel wells seem like just something to complain about.
Everyone seems to be basing a lot on a statement made in the SEMA video that sounded to me like he didn't quite understand the question and made it sound like we won't know things until after ordering starts. I really believe that won't be the case. There's too much riding on it.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
I'm all in....but....one has to ask, how long will the majority wait? My main gripe is B&P - lack of an update and error corrections (no excuse for this) and the accessories should get updated before ordering also. Guys typically get the itch to buy a new vehicle. If FORD delays this too long....they may find others jump ship as well and buy something else. For now, I will remain as patient as possible, look forward to ordering in later December and hope FORD provides my Salesman with the answers we will both need to complete a accurate, detailed order with all the accessories I am after.
Ford did update B & P yesterday to include power seats on leather that previously listed them as manual. There were recently more accessories shown. I know that stills leaves a lot, but it seems like things are finally starting to move. The next couple of weeks should reveal much more.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r
Maybe Ford should delay the ordering phase until after the B&P gets updated ‘next year’

don’t forget, FORD can start labeling vehicles as MY22 as soon as 1 January 2021. Maybe we’re all getting MY22 vehicles with the proper non-MIC hard tops

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Vehicle Showcase
Gee that's funny, my 3 Camels are suffocating beneath the CGI pics, Smoke & Mirrors and lack of Oxygen/I mean Option...

Actually one has died when to the heaven of refunds

Hamhands

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon
Ford has taken all the fun out of it. No lockers on base? So lame,very limited colors on base, so lame. Take away my hardtop on 4door? Rediculous! No manual sasquatch, c'mon man! Now Ford is talking about next year for update on B&P? Is that before or after the reservation window on 2021 Model year. We need more options and less packages. This vehicle is a toy, this experience was supposed to be fun. So far, not a lot of fun. I guess I will wait til my Ford rep calls and take it as it comes, but at this point I am not very excited.

Pittguy

First Name
mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 cobra. F250
I believe ford has had their hands in the BNP after intial release. Maybe more coming. Theres still time before ordering and more time till vin. You can still get in line on a MY22. Or order something u know will be late availability to buy some time.

Advertisement

Advertisement