William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait. You can’t tow with a 4 door FE???

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1609388280729
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No paper owners manual! That’s gonna suck if you need help and don’t have cell service.
It’s built into the cars infotainment system?

Buckin'Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched the entire video. I for one greatly appreciated it. I have the ability to comprehend things differently than most because I am a Portfolio Manager (essentially brand manager) myself and I can relate to exactly what’s going on here. For that reason I’m not at all alarmed or disappointed in what I saw.

Honestly I think what we are seeing is 2 dudes trying to do their jobs to the best of their abilities - honestly trying to get customers the info they want while supporting the business they’re working to run. Esteban especially has enough stakeholders to make his head spin - I get it. Also, I am thankful that the brand manager is stepping up to the plate and not sugar-coating anything. He really didn’t make up excuses or anything. Just stated the way it was, apologized, and moved on.

If you think they are just BSing you for the hell of it, you’re wrong. They’re trying to give you the best answers that their professional lives will allow. If you think you can do Esteban’s job better than he can, STFU and go do it. Stop talking about it.

I’m sorry if there’s a legitimate beef you have because of this or that option that you can’t have because Ford’s systems “suck”. Get over yourself. It is what it is. At the end of a day you’re signing yourself up to buy the FIRST year of a BRAND NEW vehicle - you can’t have everything and for sure there will be learning and growth along the way.

To the IDIOT who said that Esteban is a POSER for taping the video in his supposed shop or garage or whatever it is - STFU. You don’t know SHIT about these people. You don’t know what he does in this free time. I for one as a Portfolio Manager can run a welder, lathe, wrench or anything else for that matter circles around what most of y’all here can probably do. Put your stereotypes aside and appreciate the fact that there’s a guy working to try and improve your buying experience.

I will say - Esteban and interviewer - you gotta find a way to bring some life and energy to your presentation skills. It’s easy for people to rag on you nonstop when you look like you just rolled out of bed with a hangover. Smile for once - maybe even laugh a little.
Hi Esteban, I didn't realize you were a B6G member. :)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. That was pretty bad on a number of levels. I’m not sure I want to accept the risk of placing an order for a FY21 model. It may be time to get on the sidelines and wait a year or two until Ford can sort things out.

I’d feel better if Ford would just push the entire order process back at least 6 months. It’s obvious they are way off plan at this point.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theres a few threads on it, I know because I participated in them.

The Bronco rear seats are “non-removable” the same way the Wrangler seats are “non-removable”.

8 Nuts and they’re out... and there’s a whole aftermarket industry devoted to what to do with all the space for activities you’re left with.

Don’t abandon your build just because you can’t click “No Seats” on your order.
Pssst... Bro, WTF are you doing?!? ? We WANT them to CANCEL so we can move up in line! ?

The main problem with this thread is there are too many complaints and not enough cancellations. The ratio is all wrong! In fact, Twitter is laughing at us, calling us amateurs. :cautious:

We can’t let that happen!!! Don’t let Twitter win, people! Drive that ratio up. Cancel your reservations now! ?

j/k... kind of

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You have been drinking "New Coke" (and then a "new new coke" and then a "new new new coke") all along, all these years. Their formula changes, even if you don't actually know that. Also the fountain formula for Coke is more different than the bottled Coke than a bottled Coke is different than a bottled Pepsi.
That's why I prefer this stuff.
Still made with sugar (no corn syrup), just like when I was a kid.??
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 20201230_212119

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to say that between the jokes here, and @jrustyasl's baby Bronco adventure, I've been laughing a ton today. Keep it coming!
That’s not very nice @pan-y-cerveza. If you haven’t noticed, because of that BN video some people here are literally having the worst day of their life right now.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I understood Esteban correctly, a lot of the people in the thread are saying the opposite. My understanding (which doesn't make any more sense, but at least let us quote their lie correctly) is that they were wanting to protect the seats from the doors, not the other way around. Their concern was that people placing the doors in the back could damage the vinyl so instead they put a more durable carpet (which is a troubling thought on its own).

Occam's Razor says they screwed up and it's too late to fix the oversight. The seats got designed with carpet backs because that's what goes on the backs of back row seats. It made it through the approval process and finalized. Then someone had an Oh Sh!t moment but it was too late.
I’ve seen both Occam’s Razor and Hanlon’s Razor used on this forum in the past week. I blame Ford.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My two takeaways: The rock stars can’t program their way out of a box, and Esteban didn’t seem like he wanted to do this, he was told to do this.

Sorry if this was already covered.
He looked like he’s been told to fix this PR nightmare then pack his office... lol

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got until March 17 to punt my first 12 hour reservation.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s not very nice @pan-y-cerveza. If you haven’t noticed, because of that BN video some people here are literally having the worst day of their life right now.
I lose track of what the worst day is. Allocation day, engine increase day, B&P no-show day. It's been a trip, man.
Sponsored