Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some are stressing over bullshit. Ford is doing everything they can to keep the weight under. Inoculating themselves from billion dollar class action lawsuits. Aftermarket is your friend. Just like towing capacity, Some are surrendering common sense for numbers required for arbitrary weight restrictions to keep Broncos in a certain weight class. Ignore it and use common sense, and the accumulated wisdom of posters up in here if you lack your own experience to make a decision.
This is good advice. I am not slamming on the brakes on my reservations over GVWR. I am just wondering why the ok for adding some accessories in MY22 that can't be in MY21(specific mention of roof rack on SAS 4dr. Just to wait to MY22 if you want it). What changes? Maybe like you said it is no big deal at all. Totally cool with that. I just get the "wonder why" bug.
I hardly think the roof rack is going to collapse my MY21 and could probably be added after delivery with no trouble. I understand that Ford just wants to avoid the people that will add the 4 foot high RT wonder tent that expands into a dome that can sleep 7 people and weighs 300lbs to said roof rack.

I am really looking forward to aftermarket (with common sense) on the Bronco, just like I have with my other rigs.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B&P must be some horribly written code or they’re lying. It should never take that long to update something like this. It’s a web app not an OS.
Software and web design engineers at Facebook and Google would laugh these idiots out of the room. The B&P is a glorified Amazon shopping cart. However, it must be tough for car manufacturers to attract good software engineers. They don’t pay as much and aren’t really pushing the computer science envelope.

Anyway, all this fumbling and delay is making it easy to push my reservation to MY22.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

*gasp*

I... I made it. I read every comment. Still haven't watched the video, but I think I get the gist.

My First Edition will be a 2022 Model Year due to getting the late availability Modular Top. By then, I MIGHT be able to get proper seat backs and have the entire thing upgraded to a higher weight class.

Not gonna add to the complaints. But surely could.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah! I feel you. I think the car campers in us were looking forward to just removing the seats for a flat surface to work with. Then it was confirmed a long time ago. Had to be one of the very first Q and As around the July time frame!
You're going to have to make more mods to get a flat surface I believe.

There's a "tower" that sits 4" or so high between the seats. That's why on the 4 Dr the slide out tailgate makes the back mostly flat. It aligns with the backs of the folded seats and the center tower.

Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*gasp*

I... I made it. I read every comment. Still haven't watched the video, but I think I get the gist.

My First Edition will be a 2022 Model Year due to getting the late availability Modular Top. By then, I MIGHT be able to get proper seat backs and have the entire thing upgraded to a higher weight class.

Not gonna add to the complaints. But surely could.
I just made it to page 22. :)

I had already decided to wait for the modular top. Now, it either gives them time to FIX this cluster F or it gives me time to pull out and wait.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I heard dealers will have it, I knew that meant more guessing games. I wonder if your dealer wants to read you the entire list if your ordering by phone while the customer is trying to decide what they want
can afford and the customer changed their mind later and does it all over again. This should be posted online for customers before ordering begins.
I'm sure the dealer could email you a list.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honest mistakes don't take three months to find, unless you have a severe case of the stupids.
If people think it is so shady and stupid, why do they still want to buy this thing ;)

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know, but the charge for the AT in my opinion was excessive especially mated the high production 2.7.
That might be true, but it's Fords call. What is the trans price for a Mustang and other vehicles when getting just a transmission?

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow..I can’t get past the first few posts!
I applaud Ford/Esteban for taking the time to explain some of the concerns people have been expressing, BRAVO!
Personally, everything sounded pretty lodgical, the B&P had me scratching my head at some of the “discounts” and pretty understandable and acceptable to me...No, you can’t have a free transmission, idiots! ?
And GVWR is really more of a government issue, not Ford, they are the one’s who set the standards and how they determine them!
Ford IS building a vehicle in the class they intended, it is what it is!
This forum is really becoming a sounding place for self centred, narcissistic, selfish man-children spewing non intelligent venom, god help us all if you proliferate! lol
Again...WOW!
Cheers ??

Last edited:

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trying to wrap my head around a second year "First" Edition. Wtf is going on at Ford.
"He said all FE would be model year 2021" .... I don't think everything is gonna be late availability, I think certain tops like mentioned will get put on FE first, so they can those delivered.
Sponsored