First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a reserved FE and chose the late availability top, there's a chance it will be a MY22?

Will Ford even offer a MY22 FE later down the road?

If I had an FE reserved, I think I would order the late availability top in hopes that my FE gets pushed to MY22. This would make for quite a rare Bronco.
In the video he states that all of the FE Broncos would be 2021 MY. If you get the late availability top then maybe you get your 2021 FE delivered after others are getting MY 22 Broncos. But not to worry because it will come with moldy carpet after sitting out in the rain at MAP for a couple of months without a top.
Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In the video he states that all of the FE Broncos would be 2021 MY. If you get the late availability top then maybe you get your 2021 FE delivered after others are getting MY 22 Broncos. But not to worry because it will come with moldy carpet after sitting out in the rain at MAP for a couple of months without a top.
Maybe they can supply enough hard tops for the FE to get them delivered as MY21, just not enough to supply the whole assembly line right now

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Silly me! Hearing about a wash-out interior with marine-grade vinyl seats, silicone-sealed switches, and floor drain plugs, I envisioned a 4-wheel boat I could use to tow my marine boat to the boat ramp and not worry about my Bronco if it rains while I'm on the water. How much water will all that carpet absorb and what does that do to the GVWR at 8.25 pounds per gallon of absorbed water?

It's not like I was really expecting a 4-wheel boat, but I did expect a vehicle that can handle the water it would see in Florida with a bimini top on. And to make matters worse, the Bronco doesn't even have the balls to get my boat to the ramp. My Jeep Liberty handles this task with ease, but unfortunately I can't go topless. Guess I wouldn't have been able to do that with the Bronco either since it can't tow my boat or get the carpet wet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested in the Bronco. But as my expectations keep dropping as the price increases, there is a crossover point where my expectations will not support the price.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for reminding me about New Coke! I know that I am partly to blame for that.????

One of the places Coke was doing their blind taste tests was Six Flags over Georgia, and we went there a LOT! But Coke failed to consider that when it's 94 degrees outside and 97% humidity, you just might be picking the sweeter-tasting cola because you're dying of thirst. There were always three cups and they never said what they were or which you picked as your favorite. All we cared about was getting 3 free cups of cola for taking part in their test.

You are right, this is like New Coke. New Coke probably was a good-tasting soda, but most people who like Coke and are loyal to Coke don't like sweet soda.

(For the record, in my family we are all diehard Mexican Coke fans, like how Coke tasted when I was a kid. And I absolutely cannot stand Pepsi, although a waiter once convinced me to try Cherry Pepsi and it was much more tolerable that normal Pepsi.)

Ford has this fabulous product they are rolling out and a gigantic, loyal fan base, but somebody is totally trying to win the award for "catastrophic iconic product decisions". I think we could start calling it the "New Coke Award."

Ladies and Gentlemen, the 2020 New Coke Award for catastrophic iconic product decisions goes to...

Ford Motor Company.???
Do y'all remember the Pepsi Challenge? On the initial taste, Pepsi was the overwhelming favorite. But, after drinking 12 ozs, Coke became the overwhelming favorite. At any rate I will stick with the Mexican Coke and may add Jack Danielle or Rebecca Creek for "flavoring".

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Others have mentioned the height but iirc there was a strapping system as well so perhaps this blocks access to some parts of it?
The height of the floor increases by 3 - 4 inches with the tailgate option. Doors then stick up too high.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Silly me! Hearing about a wash-out interior with marine-grade vinyl seats, silicone-sealed switches, and floor drain plugs, I envisioned a 4-wheel boat I could use to tow my marine boat to the boat ramp and not worry about my Bronco if it rains while I'm on the water. How much water will all that carpet absorb and what does that do to the GVWR at 8.25 pounds per gallon of absorbed water?

It's not like I was really expecting a 4-wheel boat, but I did expect a vehicle that can handle the water it would see in Florida with a bimini top on. And to make matters worse, the Bronco doesn't even have the balls to get my boat to the ramp. My Jeep Liberty handles this task with ease, but unfortunately I can't go topless. Guess I wouldn't have been able to do that with the Bronco either since it can't tow my boat or get the carpet wet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested in the Bronco. But as my expectations keep dropping as the price increases, there is a crossover point where my expectations will not support the price.
I'm sure you can take the carpet out yourself. That's what I did on my JKUs.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure you can take the carpet out yourself. That's what I did on my JKUs.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did I hear that vid correctly in that the owners manual will ONLY be a digital copy? No hardcopy? What if I am old fashion and prefer a paper copy too? This is starting to become a common thing with cars it seems. The marketing folks at Ford should really reconsider that. If a company is marketing a vehicle that is suppose to go off the beaten path (i.e., grid) then if any new vehicle should have an old fashioned hardcopy manual it's the Bronco. Besides, I would rather read the manual in my home and not sitting in the car looking at the screen in my driveway or on my tiny phone's screen. If we are paying $50K plus for a car then they should be able to throw in some extra paper. Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine ever since I bought a 2019 Jeep GC and it too didn't come with a manual. I still have a hard time mastering all the features.
Having a paper manual in the glove box will put it over the GVWR

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So question to all the people who are upset? Would you of rather Ford Waited till let's say Febuary 2021 to show us the broncos?

Till they where more prepared? I feel like it's great that we got to see it so early and be able to financially prepare for the release.

Anything we get to see right now is all bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Also, you guys realize we are in a Worldwide pandemic right now that is affecting everything and making everything harder right?

My 2 cent's.

I like reading threads on new info but it's getting tiring to sort through all the negativity and complaining. I suppose that's what this post is.... so I apologize for that.
Some just like to complain. When there's no news, they complain. When we get news, they don't like the news and complain some more. I don't think most of the goings on are any different than any other model or make. We just happen to be able to see in the window at things most never get to see.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The height of the floor increases by 3 - 4 inches with the tailgate option. Doors then stick up too high.
Understood and agreed. I was just saying perhaps it also was an issue for safety reasons with securing the doors using the tie downs that they've advertised. The tailgate seems to be smooth and doesn't look to have tie down options for 4 doors. But who really knows at this point.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Don’t forget to add on the engineering hours to calibrate all the sensors for an auto transmission. It’s significantly easier to calibrate a manual.
Tell that to my 15 year old son, he is still working on calibrating a manual. I can smell the clutch from here.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Understood and agreed. I was just saying perhaps it also was an issue for safety reasons with securing the doors using the tie downs that they've advertised. The tailgate seems to be smooth and doesn't look to have tie down options for 4 doors. But who really knows at this point.
Even with the top off it seems they will hit the safety bar. That’s what I took away from the conversation last night. But it could be that the d rings are gone and no way to strap them in.

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager CE886195-3F37-474E-8175-3338AE43D020
Sponsored