Sponsored

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where is the trailer? The roof rack? The sheets of playwood? The toyhauler? The 2021 Bronco will do EXACTLY what this ad is showing. Kinda supports my point, actually.
Class was a big deal for Ford then and apparently still is today.
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1609571162067

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1609571231452

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1609571635838
Sponsored

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XterraPro4x, GX470, F150Fx4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As a FE reservation holder I must say that I am disappointed. I need a 4 door, I overland camp in moderate+ terrain and also need to tow or throw on a hitch style bike rack on occasion. No tow package (4dr FE) and no roof rack for camping are deal breakers! This doesn't seem very "Bronco Like" given the promotions and concept Bronco's Ford has shown. These are basic standards/necessities on any SUV and should certainly be available on the Bronco flagship model??? The FE is starting to look more like a "First Prototype" / "white elephant" edition, at least in the 4 door model. I'm sure some 2 door buyer will be happy to fill my reservation slot... Bummed!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As a FE reservation holder I must say that I am disappointed. I need a 4 door, I overland camp in moderate+ terrain and also need to tow or throw on a hitch style bike rack on occasion. No tow package (4dr FE) and no roof rack for camping are deal breakers! This doesn't seem very "Bronco Like" given the promotions and concept Bronco's Ford has shown. These are basic standards/necessities on any SUV and should certainly be available on the Bronco flagship model??? The FE is starting to look more like a "First Prototype" / "white elephant" edition, at least in the 4 door model. I'm sure some 2 door buyer will be happy to fill my reservation slot... Bummed!
Brings to mind some interesting custom badge ideas.

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1609591381903

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just watched the full 41 minutes. My two takeaways

1. People here appear to hate on bronconation but I really appreciate that they're getting our questions answered and have the connections to do so
  2. It's becoming painfully clear the high risk in purchasing a year 1 vehicle. It's hard for me to remember the answer to every question in this video but what I tool out of it is that either a) it'll be improved in the future or b) external factors made this a challenge and we are sorry
“b)” pretty much sums up the entire premise of the video.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Where is the trailer? The roof rack? The sheets of playwood? The toyhauler? The 2021 Bronco will do EXACTLY what this ad is showing. Kinda supports my point, actually.
No, @Southern Girl is right. Here’s a 1970 Bronco in actual use with car top carriers, camping gear, a boat and trailer. This is how it was actually used - like a Swiss Army knife for all adventures.

How do I know? That is me in the red behind the boat.

Also, that is how my JKUR has been used with my kids, and it was how my dad’s buddy’s IH Scout was used back in the day.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s hard to believe any automaker took the incredible liability risk of intentionally overrating the weight carrying ability of a vehicle.
We are talking about adding 10-15 pounds to the certification. I believe it was a Toyota. It was rated just a tad over 6000 on one trim. Early on there was a lot of hype to get vehicles covered under this 100% first year deduction. I am sure VW didn't intentionally mess with diesel emissions either.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is what I did for my JL manual. I own a printing company so just cost me a few dollars in materials.

20210102_101214.jpg
Looks nice, we have a new business proposal for you, how about selling Bronco manuals like that to forum members?

Ranger345

Badlands
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in build and price you cannot get a roof rack with the Sasquatch package four-door.... how come it will allow me to pick a light bar. Doesn't the lightbar require the roof rack?

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have built several broncos from Base to Outerbanks. Now that the configurator has some changes in price to it....I might as well throw all those out and start over.
My budget is around 42k.....any suggestions?
Mine comes in at $42,684 but you can get it down to $42 by dropping options you may not care about like the PPF, brush guard, keyless entry, assistance kit, auxiliary switches, and floor liners. This is only if you want a 2-door and are more interested in function than style or comfort. You will get the lift, tires, and lockers - plus a headliner and rack - but you won't get a washout interior or any leather, MGV, or heated seats. No mid, high, or lux package items such as the fancier electronics that come with those either.

This is what I think I'm getting for that price, though I won't know for sure until I see the pricing guide: Two-door Base with 2.7, auto, sasquatch, headliner, roof rack, modular bumper/bash plates, PPF, brush guard, keyless entry pad, on-road kit (I'll build an off-road kit later), auxiliary switches, floor liners, and rock rails.

My advice is to think about how you're going to use it. If you're doing a lot of long-distance traveling or taking it to the beach, you might want the washout, vinyl, and/or some of those creature comforts. I'll be doing some cross-country stuff but mostly it'll be up in the mountains, on narrow backcountry roads, and on high passes where I'll appreciate the shorter wheelbase, more clearance, and more power.

If I could add anything to this it would be a step and navigation (not options on the base), but I can work around that or add them later.

Good luck.

Sponsored

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks nice, we have a new business proposal for you, how about selling Bronco manuals like that to forum members?
As long as Ford doesn't sue me.

I will most likely print one out as soon as the PDF is available. Did the same thing with my Jeep had the manual printed about 5 months before I received the Jeep.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, @Southern Girl is right. Here’s a 1970 Bronco in actual use with car top carriers, camping gear, a boat and trailer. This is how it was actually used - like a Swiss Army knife for all adventures.

How do I know? That is me in the red behind the boat.

Also, that is how my JKUR has been used with my kids, and it was how my dad’s buddy’s IH Scout was used back in the day.
Awesome pictures! I think young people today (I sound old) forget that most wives weren't in the work force back then, and many families had just one vehicle. They don't understand the culture of the recent past. One short google search would bring him to tons of ads showing the EB being used just as everyone here plans to do. Thank you so much for sharing your personal story and pictures! I enjoyed that!

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager eb ad camping.JPG
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 9BRONCO-MAIN_i

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just rewatched the reveal video and it clearly states "and roof racks on all Broncos." There are a lot of disclaimers in that video, but they do state the class is "Medium traditional utility". Now to figure out what that actually means.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
in build and price you cannot get a roof rack with the Sasquatch package four-door.... how come it will allow me to pick a light bar. Doesn't the lightbar require the roof rack?
No, it does not.
Sponsored