Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The B&P in my opinion were not errors; they were opportunities for Ford to make more money.
Oh yeah, you got em. All part of the “deep state” ploy for Ford to get your money. Which makes perfect sense since, ya know, no ones actually ordered a Bronco yet... good detective work!
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess I'm old school, but I would like a Hard copy owners manual in my glove compartment so I can bring it in the house and read it in my chair. I know you can download it and print it out but why should I use my own ink and paper, I can't look at computer screen very long until my eyes cross ? ? ?
Sure is going to be fun trying to look for a specific fuse without being able to have the book in your hand.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1. the reason given for carpet on the backseats is a lie. It was just an oversight and ignorance, too late to change it now.

2. anybody that thinks my22 will be the same price as my21 is delusional, look for at least a $1500-2000 price increase. You think Ford is going to eat those fixes and changes that are coming? lol.
While I know my22 will probably go up that would be a steep increase without a mid cycle refresh.

Ford does it all the time; in fact it is a common practice for free auto transmissions for most cars. In other words it is baked in.
Almost any car that has a manual as the standard transmission the automatic is an upcharge. Mustang, Camaro, challenger, wrangler, C7 corvette

The cynic in me says ‘Ford had a planned rollout and everything was set on July 14 on the reveal date, then they realized how popular the Bronco really was and they got greedy’.
I dont think its they got greedy I think they were unprepared. And I love ford but lately they have been full of swings and misses. With the exception of the F series, ford lately sure as hell seems unprepared.

Just look at the difference between the 6th gen pony cars, performance wise the camaro was leaps and bounds above the mustang, it wasn't until the 2018 update that mustang was competitive. The 45k SS 1LE, was able to put up similar numbers to the 56k GT350. The GT PP2 which came with pretty much racing tires on it, had no coolers on it. People would go into limp mode in just a few laps. So that was either oversight or protecting the GT350.

The GT500 if you read the tea leaves was supposed to be here as a 2018, but didn't show up till 2020. The carbon fiber track pack costing a whopping 94k is barely ahead of the 74k ZL1 1LE.

Look at the 2020 explorer roll out, the powershift DCT issues from the focus and fiesta which apparently they knew was gonna be an issue they just can't get out of their own way unless its for the F series

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While I know my22 will probably go up that would be a steep increase without a mid cycle refresh.

Almost any car that has a manual as the standard transmission the automatic is an upcharge. Mustang, Camaro, challenger, wrangler, C7 corvette

I dont think its they got greedy I think they were unprepared. And I love ford but lately they have been full of swings and misses. With the exception of the F series, ford lately sure as hell seems unprepared.

Just look at the difference between the 6th gen pony cars, performance wise the camaro was leaps and bounds above the mustang, it wasn't until the 2018 update that mustang was competitive. The 45k SS 1LE, was able to put up similar numbers to the 56k GT350. The GT PP2 which came with pretty much racing tires on it, had no coolers on it. People would go into limp mode in just a few laps. So that was either oversight or protecting the GT350.

The GT500 if you read the tea leaves was supposed to be here as a 2018, but didn't show up till 2020. The carbon fiber track pack costing a whopping 94k is barely ahead of the 74k ZL1 1LE.

Look at the 2020 explorer roll out, the powershift DCT issues from the focus and fiesta which apparently they knew was gonna be an issue they just can't get out of their own way unless its for the F series
Controversy aside on its name, I believe the roll out and initial reviews of the Mach E are positive, right?

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Controversy aside on its name, I believe the roll out and initial reviews of the Mach E are positive, right?
I hope not. This thread is for doom and gloom only. We don't want to read about positive things Ford is doing.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd say mixed. I've seen good reviews and and I've seen bad reviews

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All true, except the first on the road part. I'm ordering the painted black top. No way I want painted black mirrors and grill with that faded MIC top. So, that puts me as "late availability" and who knows what "late" means any more.
Same boat as you pal

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of makes you wonder how it won't be an issue for my22. I will simply get a roof rack with my order and install myself or go aftermarket. I did want the roof rack and kayak rack with my Sas order but if Ford doesn't want my money I'll give it to somebody else.
I don’t mind doing adding at dealership or aftermarket either (if they make it possible); it’s just the way that it’s being positioned makes me wonder if it could cause a problem if I add them.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang.....I still haven't been able to find a link to the phony "shop" background Esteban used for his Zoom call. I wanted to be cool, too.
Is there not enough to complain about that we're picking on a guy who has some tool boxes?

Some of you are pretty petty.

Remind me not to zoom call you from my garage.

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmmm.
So if you ever want to have a hardtop with a rear wiper and nozzle, you will need to order from the factory as a hardtop model. Makes no sense why they don't have the wiring for the wiper and plumbing for the nozzles as standard build.

Other manufacturers build out for all possible options in the basics. Platform.
Never understood why Ford didn't do it the same way.
My 2013 F-150 is set up for the standard stereo. If I were to try and add in the Nav unit from a higher model, no can do. A nightmare to integrate.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Or these geniuses behind the marketing for the Bronco didn't think that many people would opt for the 2.7L. It's not rocket science though if they did the same thing with the Ranger it would be just as popular.

I wish they'd show some love to the lower trims with the manual, like letting use equip the mid package with the manual for the BD and BB.
I think initially they thought they’d have more 2.7s than 2.3s so they made the AT no cost to drive demand that way. Something changed in the supply situation since that have flipped them the other way.

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want FMC to succeed. My first vehicle was a Ford, and while I don’t have any particular brand loyalty to them, I used to look at Ford as one of the great American companies who were doing things right. Now I’m not so sure.

There are some very serious problems going on here (beyond just covid problems that everyone is dealing with) with those that own the Bronco project that need to be addressed. And since EVERY problem at EVERY level of an organization is, ultimately, a leadership problem; we can only look to those in charge for answers. This isn’t an Esteban problem, it’s not a Mike Levine problem. I might hate the blatant lies coming out of their mouths, but they probably do too. They aren’t the ones making the calls here, they’re merely controlling how that information is disseminated to us.

It’s their leadership that is making these calls and that has decided over and over to lie to their prospective customers. The day they realize that telling us the truth is far better than telling obvious lies and having us guess what the real problem is will be the day things start to go more smoothly.

Ford please be straight with us, tell us you’re still having issues finalizing tops, tell us the second row seat backs are carpeted because this is an evolving process and there was only so much design bandwidth allocated for MY21. Start being straight with us because people outside the off-road world are starting to notice this launch and it isn’t playing well.
Agree.

I've been where Estaban is:
-----------------------
Boss to customer: "Yes"
Boss to me: "Deal with it"

I worked for a company that would say 'yes' to whatever the customer asked and then turn to me to deal with it.

The result?... Unfortunately, it's too common that the 'waitress' takes the hit on a tip when the 'chef' screws up a meal. The waitress suffers and the chef never learns to do a better job. Estaban is taking a hit for leadership issues. I'm sure he's not a web developer and If my IT team had presented the past AND current B&P site to leadership - even as a draft - they would be dismissed, nevermind actually posting it live. I'm sure leadership knew the Chicken marsala was dropped on the floor and decided to serve it anyway... I left that well paying company before my credibility took too much of a hit.

There are many issues... it's just that the B&P is the most obvious. I would say the biggest front facing issue is communication. I have only received two emails from Ford in many months. Ford needs to do these Q&As more often.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For some reason I can’t get the video to play