PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Folks are freaking out about artificially created classifications...

Vehicle Types - Descriptions and Photos
GVWR - gross vehicle weight rating (maximum design loaded weight)
LVW - loaded vehicle weight
ALVW - adjusted loaded vehicle weight (numerical average of the GVWR and the curb weight)​
Technical Vehicle DescriptionDescription
Photo(s)​
Light-Duty Vehicles (Passenger Cars)Sedans and station wagons
ldv.jpg
Light-Duty Trucks 1
(0-6,000 lbs. GVWR, 0-3750 lbs. LVW)
Most small SUVs, most small pickups
ldt1.jpg
Light Duty Trucks 2
(0-6,000 lbs. GVWR, 3751-5750 lbs. LVW)
All minivans, "compact" SUVs (e.g., Ford Explorer), most Dakota and T100 pickups
ldt2.jpg

ldt2s.jpg
Light Duty Trucks 3
(6,001-8500 lbs. GVWR, 0-3750 lbs. ALVW)
Most 1/2-ton pickups, base full-size vans, and intermediate SUVs (e.g., Land Cruiser)
ldt3.jpg
Light Duty Trucks 4
(6,001-8500 lbs. GVWR, 3751-5750 lbs. ALVW)
Some 1/2 and 3/4 ton pickups, some full-size vans, and larger SUVs (e.g., Ford Expedition)
ldt4.jpg
Class 2b Heavy Duty Vehicles (8501-10,000 lbs. GVWR)Utility vehicles, the largest SUVs, many "Dually" pickups, and some heavy duty vans
hdv2b.jpg
Class 3 Heavy Duty Vehicles (10,001-14,000 lbs. GVWR)Multi-stop vehicles and motorhomes
hdv3.jpg

hdv3s.jpg
Class 4 Heavy Duty Vehicles (14,001-16,000 lbs. GVWR)Flat bed and stake trucks
hdv4.jpg
Class 5 Heavy Duty Vehicles (16,001-19,500 lbs. GVWR)Flat bed trucks and step-vans
hdv5.jpg

hdv5s.jpg
Class 6 Heavy Duty Vehicles (19,501-26,000 lbs. GVWR)Dump trucks, garbage trucks, and concrete trucks
hdv6.jpg

hdv6s.jpg
Class 7 Heavy Duty Vehicles (26,001-33,000 lbs. GVWR)Fuel trucks, dump trucks, and beverage delivery
hdv7.jpg

hdv7s.jpg
Class 8a Heavy Duty Vehicles (33,001-60,000 lbs. GVWR)Tractor trailer trucks (single)
hdv8a.jpg

hdv8as.jpg
Class 8b Heavy Duty Vehicles (>60,000 lbs. GVWR)Tractor trailer trucks (double)
School BusesAll multipassenger vehicles designated for use by schools
schoolbus.jpg
Transit and Urban BusesAll multipassenger vehicles other than school buses
transitbus.jpg

transitbus2.jpg
Motorcycles (All)Any vehicle with less than four wheels

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

” Carpet back to protect for door storage “ - then why on the 2 Door ? Can’t store the doors
Plus I thought the door storage bags were built to protect the doors? Maybe some more R&D in the bags than making a washout interior have a carpeted backing on the rear seats.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm all for that. I just saw the rumor. Never saw a thread or anything. Is it then just speculation of angry andys?

I think we all need a dram of single malt and to let out a collective "Humph" before bed tonight.
Here it is.
I heard on another forum from a Ford production worker that the delays are still the tops but it’s not just a production issue it’s a engineering issue as the tops are leaking and coming off at high speeds

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did he say we'd be notified of our estimated delivery dates in May? I thought it was originally "in Q1," and later, "March." Also, I think he said that at that time if we weren't happy with the date, we could opt to delete any items that were holding up the build. So that's a positive, I guess.

The other thing I got out of this was the explanation of how GVWR is calculated. So maybe that explains why there's no step option for a Base: it's just too darned heavy with every option added. But probably not.

The missing back windshield washer fluid and wipers for the soft tops without a hardtop order is kind of messed up, but maybe I misunderstood him. I'm getting a 2-door w/mic hard top standard, so not going to lose any sleep over it. Just seemed kind of odd.

It sounds like dealers will have actual pricing before we do, so let's hope they share it with us before we place our orders.

Anyway, a few bits of info out of that painful-to-watch video, plus more confusion.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1609383336074

Knew there was gonna be something to bring balance to the Force. We had too much fun in the “test drive” thread.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This does make sense. I guess I am still questioning the roof rack issue with the 4dr SAS (there is MORE than one accessory that this could be an issue with and I am just using roof rack as an example). Obviously this is a bolt on weight that is causing some issues with their GVWR bottom line.
SO why is it going to be ok in MY22? What are they changing? Are they shaving some weight off the bumper, so it is something cosmetic? Something structural/suspension that will allow the miraculous installation of roof racks? If structural/suspension is getting changed for MY22 that is something I want to know about.

IF no change. Cool. I can bolt on those damn things myself ( I totally understand some folks may not be inclined to do this and want to have dealer do it so still an issue).
This 100%! What is changing from '21-'22 to essentially allow a higher GVWR

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This 100%! What is changing from '21-'22 to essentially allow a higher GVWR
Right?! I mean it took me 2 beers and a finger of whiskey to get here but damn. MY22 is all now just ok with whatever we want to add!?

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Plus I thought the door storage bags were built to protect the doors? Maybe some more R&D in the bags that making a washout interior have a carpeted backing on the rear seats.
Just a shit corporate excuse. If the bags protect the doors, no need for carpet and if the carpet protects the doors, no need for bags.

Shit Show by the bearded soy boy.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
3:58 in the video, dealers will have the entire 21 price list in January. So whatever dealer you're working with will know all the costs, they just aren't in the public facing tool. No biggie. Or cancel your reservation because of it ;)
When I heard dealers will have it, I knew that meant more guessing games. I wonder if your dealer wants to read you the entire list if your ordering by phone while the customer is trying to decide what they want
can afford and the customer changed their mind later and does it all over again. This should be posted online for customers before ordering begins.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He kinda talked in circles. Don't get Late Availability then something about reservation line. Kinda hard to understand I'll have to listen to it all again!
I've noticed that too, especially going back and rewatching one of the other Q&As with him. It's like he can't give full answers and even Bronco Nation knows that but they put this half baked Q&A. He seem to give half or open end answers to almost every question.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am NOT watching that crap again for you, man! :LOL: :LOL:
Haha I understand! Unfortunately I think your excitement is misguided. I really don't think he confirmed it

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This really puts everything into perspective for me if I should be getting one now or 5 years down the road. I've been on the fence for a while trying to talk myself into it, but with what seems like a lot of changes coming and a launch that has been less then great, I'm not sure where I stand now. I guess I'm dissapointed, I expected a lot better from Ford in terms of communication and the way the went about this all, especially in bringing back such an automotive icon.

Buckin'Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford needs to suck it up and admit they overreached trying to sell a “concept” as a final product. Just keep plugging away at development and give us the real deal in ‘22.
As a FE reserve-er I would love to see as many FE’s order the modular painted tops...theoretically that would push all production to “late” and we would get what was pitched to us instead of inferior offerings to just get it out there.
Yep. Bronco promises to be one amazing ride, but apparently it won't be that until 2022-2023. So much for all the folks clamoring about the "value" of owning a 21 1/2.
Sponsored