First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 4, Z06 Corvette, 4x4 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that's it. Jeep Wrangler Eco Diesel Rubicon here I come. Way to many red flags and BS coming from this video for me to feel confident in spending 55-60k with Ford. "And I thought Land Rover had issues LOL"
Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, the unknowns with suppliers and the global economy had no affect on this launch....

Name a vehicle launch as large as the bronco that had to be built from the ground up, during a global pandemic, with political and social economic issues going on as well that launched without any hiccups....
The Bronco Sport.

JK

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll drag a computer out at some point and watch it. I do want to hear what they are saying about staying in class on GVWR.
They don't say anything about it except that for some reason an ~40 lb option puts you over weight.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, the unknowns with suppliers and the global economy had no affect on this launch....

Name a vehicle launch as large as the bronco that had to be built from the ground up, during a global pandemic, with political and social economic issues going on as well that launched without any hiccups....
I have no issues with production being pushed back. I doubt top issues are really caused by COVID but I don’t care one way or the other.

All they had to do to keep me happy was to occasionally communicate clearly and accurately. They failed miserably and their terrible launch performance makes me wonder about all aspects of the vehicle.

Edit: And stand by their word — the dealer allocation change was terrible.

Last edited:

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands 2.7, Sasquatch
Roof rails/rack and sound deadening headliner is a must-have for me. Like he did with the tailgate, why didn’t Esteban just say you can get rails/headliner at the dealership? It doesn’t seem that it technically wouldn’t be possible, so will these cause a performance or safety issue?
“If customers want a roof rack with Sasquatch we really recommend waiting till 22MY.” WHY?

Sponsored

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well that's it. Jeep Wrangler Eco Diesel Rubicon here I come. Way to many red flags and BS coming from this video for me to feel confident in spending 55-60k with Ford. "And I thought Land Rover had issues LOL"
Exactly. Period.

duster

First Edition
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Was just in build and price, the other day you could select body color top, now it’s not an option, will they ever get b&p fixed???

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was you reasoning here? Nothing has fundamentally changed from day one, and our $100 is refundable still. Why not wait it out and see what happens? Just curious.
It's a kneejerk reaction that really benefits folks that will keep their reservations and I'm all for it. If I can get my Bronco a day sooner I don't care who cancels and I actually encourage it.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The cynic in me says ‘Ford had a planned rollout and everything was set on July 14 on the reveal date, then they realized how popular the Bronco really was and they got greedy’.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“If customers want a roof rack with Sasquatch we really recommend waiting till 22MY.” WHY?
Kind of makes you wonder how it won't be an issue for my22. I will simply get a roof rack with my order and install myself or go aftermarket. I did want the roof rack and kayak rack with my Sas order but if Ford doesn't want my money I'll give it to somebody else.

Sponsored

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I believe you can get your roof rack and tow at parts. Might not get them until later but with an FE at least you'll be one of the first on the road with a Bronco
All true, except the first on the road part. I'm ordering the painted black top. No way I want painted black mirrors and grill with that faded MIC top. So, that puts me as "late availability" and who knows what "late" means any more.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can’t watch it because apparently Ford forgot some people have IOS products. Can’t play it on my phone or iPad. Tried 2 different browsers.

I think I worked harder trying to watch this video than Ford did on the B&P.

You need to buy the Apple dongle for Ford videos. Its $19.99 at the Apple store.

bjellefs

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang, 2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I for one am happy every time I see one of these complainers say "I'm Out". Means I will get mine sooner :). And I am glad they gave us some actual answers on the availability of features. It may not be fully what I wanted to hear, but I understand the dilemma. As an engineer, you have to plan for the worst case scenario. Doing otherwise opens you up to problems down the road and lawsuits from the idiots out there.

As for the build and price errors....is it really that big of a deal? Yea, I am bummed I had to adjust my budget because of the changes, but I never really thought the pricing seemed right in the first place. Do the website designers have anything to do with building a quality bronco??? Not in the least. Is the marketing team in the factory putting together your engine??? No. People are mad at the individuals who have the least impact on actually delivering you a bronco and a quality product. People need to calm down. This is a car company after all, not tech company. Ford will deliver.

And anybody who thinks the build and price issues are unique to ford, go try and build a Wrangler Sport S right now. Once you add the automatic transmission, it drops in price because it immediately cancels out any tech features you added. Ford is not alone in this.

Oh and as a side note, the Jeep Wrangler automatic also costs 1500 dollars, and to upgrade the engine to the standard v6 that costs comes with the manual .....ohhh well that's another 1500 as well. So it effectively costs 3000 to get the automatic and basically same engine you had with the manual. Just food for thought when complaining about this being over priced.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very scary. You think he would have said, given B&P and the ordering system have a coding issue, we recommend getting a rack from parts department. But he didnt say that. and said REALLY recommend waiting until 22MY. I am not getting a SAS, but do have a similar problem with getting locked out of this on a BL.

Do they need to reinforce suspension parts for 22MY???? I have a feeling we are going to get more answers before March, or in January. This is huge liability for them if they dont come clean before ordering starts.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why can’t Ford just send out a mass email to all of the reservation holders with this info. How damn hard is it? I’m sure not all of the people that reserved a Bronco have watched this video.
They don't want the general public to see their dirty laundry.

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1609427892408
Sponsored