Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like Esteban. Although he plays his cards remarkably close to his chest, he is giving us all the clues we need to make informed decisions.

During his first Q&A, he gave us the heads-up regarding both Sasquatch Package and the 2.7L engine. He repeated that again in this second Q&A. In case listeners were not paying attention, he added the potential for Wildtrak delivery issues but did not mention Badlands. He also added the Lux package as a potential problem.

From his thinly veiled hints, I assumed the following. Please keep in mind, these are all my assumptions.
  • I assume there is a problem with the delivery of the new Goodyear M/T tires. Contractual agreements prevent him from being more specific or substituting other tires such as BFG or Hankook.
  • Since the 2.7L engine is shared with the F150 they do not want to interfere with any F150 deliveries since that is their bread-and-butter line. They can not rob Peter to satisfy Paul.
  • Lux package has a new product called Connected Built-in Navigation being developed in association with Telenav. A complicated system since it is intended to rely on an Alexa integration. That company provides most of its vehicle technology and must have an incredibly detailed contractual agreement. Trail Maps might also be affected.
As an ocean kayaker, whenever I was confronted with a powerful riptide, I learned it is best to go with the flow.

I suspect Esteban has much more to share. Make your adjustments, fasten your seatbelt, and get ready for more to come.
Oh yea.... much more things to come. Only the beginning
Yeah....last stat I saw was (as I recall)...only 25-30% of the reservations and polling were for 2 doors.
For a two door, that a lot!!
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The doors in the back, to me, is a gimmick at best.

Blaming it for the carpet and the tray is dumb. Scrap the doors in the back if it limits features. Why would I want to haul them around with me? Either plan to be doors off or doors on.

I'm not driving around with my doors on and then, all of the sudden, need to take them off and finding myself with no place to put them.

I know some will like the idea but I wonder what percentageof Bronco owners will ever load their doors in there more than once.

hamsandwich

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a day one reservation and at this point, unlikely to convert. Just very frustrated that I can’t order order it as I’d like as the trim choices are too restricting. Just can’t get over the wildtrak interior choices. Was considering badlands as an alternative but with the recent price adjustment, it’s not worth it as I’m paying too much for stuff I don’t want/need. Then adding all the b&p problems, dealer allocation questions and further uncertainty about future delays/timing, it starts to make ordering a nearly 60k vehicle completely unseen look like a poor decision. Still keeping my reservation until the end in hopes that things change, but don’t have much faith.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The doors in the back, to me, is a gimmick at best.

Blaming it for the carpet and the tray is dumb. Scrap the doors in the back if it limits features. Why would I want to haul them around with me? Either plan to be doors off or doors on.

I'm not driving around with my doors on and then, all of the sudden, need to take them off and finding myself with no place to put them.

I know some will like the idea but I wonder what percentageof Bronco owners will ever load their doors in there more than once.
Always felt the same way but didn't want to speak for others who were banking on this. I'll never use this. Takes up precious cargo space and the doors take too long to take off.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m just happy to find out that I can now put my gloves in the glove box since the manual is now only available as digital version. I suppose those mid evil metal mesh ones may put me over the weight limit.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m kind of screwed both ways here. My doors won’t fit anyways and I can’t get the fancy tailgate option but I still get the deluxe carpeted rear seats.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I guess that means we are getting a late arrival Outer Banks. We were a day one reservation but since we want the painted black modular top we will have to wait.

I hope they come out and provide how late that actually is. I really dont want to do the soft top and not have all the wipers, wires, and what not missing.
This is exactly what I want to know. I have a day2 reservation and just want a 2dr OBX with a modular top. Will I even get a 21my Bronco

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great. Now I'm pondering whether or not to lease the 21MY (if I even will get a 21) then buy the MY22... wondering what my loss would be on those transactions.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll also add, seems strange you can add a winch to SAS, but not a headliner or roof rails. Those weigh more than the winch?
Build a 2-door Badlands. You can add Sasquatch, Lux package, a winch, headliner, roof rack, and Yakima basket with no issues.

Build a 2-door Black Diamond. Add Sasquatch. Now try to add the headliner. You can't.

It doesn't make any sense, unless the B&P is allowing a configuration for Badlands Ford won't actually allow in the end.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hmmm, planned on getting my bags with delay dollars. Would be a nice option for road trips etc just to take off the fronts and keep them with.

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the ford systems I use at my job only updates once per year, so I had to wait 9 months to get a report for vehicles being shipped to me from a new factory. The build and price issues aren’t shocking.
I had to use a Ford DDL software to look up part numbers and cross reference our number with their internal number to verify they matched. The system is legit all green text like my Commodore 64.

KC8

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some main takeaways:
  • Build & Price update coming in March 2021
  • Entire price list will be published in January
  • Slide out tailgate takes away your on vehicle door storage
  • All First Editions will be 2021 model year, unless a late availability top is chosen
  • Backs of the seats will be changed for future model years
  • Tow package on the First Edition only comes on the 2-Door model
  • Dealers will be compensated based on conversion of existing orders with the original person who ordered
Honestly you guys are gonna think I am b for saying this but to me it seems like Ford meant to keep the Build anD Price tool open so they can fiddle with it, this totally not fair the biggest Choke UP is I think Ford intentionally meant to leave that dumb ass reservation shit open , can we as a consumer get them to ramp this up this stupid the way they have tried and modeled things after Tesla I don’t like how you car manufacturers are able to cap the production of vehicles now you know why people aren’t buying specific brand anymore because 1# everyone is following eachother some brands are not sticking to their roots to be honest I feel like they left the configuration and build website open so they could potentially “just” produce 190,000 - 200,000 models for 2022 year , and not even have to worry about putting actual models out on their lots, but what’s crazy this same issue The corvette is facing why in the hell would you bring a vehicle out to the masses knowing it’s gonna “literally” be a whole 24 months till you actually put on dealerships, when you had no intention on mass production of the Bronco that’s false advertising? That is what it is I understand testing we all do put if this case we all should just get a Mach E because now all they are doing is just talking in circles tell the truth FORD you guys left the configurator open just so you could say owe we got 200,000 reservations and we are gonna just produce those 200,000 the first year , 2023 is when we will not see any 2023 Bronco model year or update because it will have ran into 2024 by this time they will have capped the million reservations they are looking to put out , I can’t at this point the whole Bronco nation needs to be just scratched because they know only 45-51% of the reservations are not reserved those are the rest of the vehicles their gonna sale dealerships. This is ridiculous?‍♀ I still would love a Bronco but at this point it does not make sense to wait when all the model years are running hand in hand or 6- 8 months apart or refreshes or updates is there anyway we can take them to ... because they have false inflated our curiosity and then how they keep updating the price and build configurater at you might as well say the Bronco is way more expensive than the Jeep Wrangler not worth it I buy second hand definitely not buying new and then they complain we don’t need $15 per hour but the base model was $28,950 for 2 door Bronco in October and $31,950 for the 4 door and what’s wierd is they are trying to just force the damn Bronco Sport on us , We want the Bronco 2 door or the Bronco 4 door close the door ? Ford you guys have no intentions on fighting Wrangler seriously ? and that’s sad because this would have been a great competitor to the Wrangler NOT ANYMORE- $28,950 is not $35,000 if you add options for base model and 4 door $31,950 is now $38,950 we are not gonna even speak on he just the Saquash Package is more depending on Which model you get furthermore Ford it wasn’t worth you guys making a First Edition- this not an electric model or 1960 again you car companies have just started now just honestly loosing our interest more and more how you guys do things now

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There will be an aftermarket slide out tailgate soon - if nothing to level the back when seats are folded down on the 4 door.
There will be an aftermarket slide out tailgate soon - if nothing to level the back when seats are folded down on the 4 door.
I thought the pull tray that's being offered does level out the floor so there is no height difference or very small?.
Sponsored